“Great hotel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Lystrup, Denmark
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here 3 times. It is a really Nice hotel, and it is close to the parks + the free festival area.
Nice big rooms and the New York theme is very Nice. Great pool.
We have stayed at all the hotels in Disney Paris, and this is our favorite.
It is a hotel that is over 20 years old, and the hotel could need an Update.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lotte V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have just returned from a 4 day stay at this hotel and had a wonderful experience. The room, bath/shower were clean, decor was fine and the bed was comfortable. Our party consisted of my husband, 2 year old son and myself.

Our booking was for Plaza room with two double beds, but we were given a room with a King Size bed. This was fine for us but may not have been for another family. The room was as described but it would have been nice to have a refrigerator/ kettle to store milk for my two year old's nightly milk or make him a hot drink. We experienced hot weather but could not open the room window (no latch) and the air con did not seem to work - the maintenance team solved this very quickly when notified and we were offered another room. The AC when working was excellent and quiet.

I found the room a little on the dark side and being on the ground floor opening the curtains was not an option as we would have been visible to people walking past. Natural daylight would have been better.

Breakfast buffet was good with a large variety to choose from. We ate other meals in the Disney Village and did not eat other meals at the hotel.

The staff were very friendly, efficient and polite.

The hotel is a 10 minute walk away from the Disneyland Parks and 5 mins from the Disney Village and station. This is ideal when you have young children.

2 Thank bb737
Amman
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have checked in at New York on July 6th and I have a list of complaints that made my trip uncomfortable and unpleasant.

A very very ugly décor. Much worst than the pictures. The staff are dressed like clowns. The only good service is at the bar.

Although I have booked online almost 2 months in advance I was given two terrible rooms for myself and family.

The room numbers are 2033 & 2035.
•We had a terrible view and when I complained I was told this what I have booked for
•We always woke up early by the noise coming from the restaurant below (I think) as early as 7am, when I complained the only thing I was offered is to call the duty manager
•The in-room safe is just pathetic. It is too small. You should mention that in your online information. I need a place to safeguard my laptop and phones. The only way is to use the reception safe. This is a total inconvenience. Because every time I need anything from the reception safe I have to wait and queue. I can't believe that they cannot afford to change the hotel room safes with up to date safes.
•There are not enough electrical sockets to charge all the normal devices. (mobile, video cam, camera, iPad, iPod,...)
•The AC was extremely noisy
•The maintenance guy knocks on the door and if no body response he uses his key and walks in even there is a DO NOT DISTURB SIGN on the door.

I am and my family are very upset. It really changed our expectations of DLP and we have a bad hotel experience. We fully paid in advance and your message to us is to suck it.

Wake up DLP you are too commercial and has no respect to your guests.

Room Tip: Don't use Disney hotels. They are expensive for nothing. Spend the difference on yourself.
4 Thank N N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

the hotels location was perfect and this was a definate bonus however the rooms are a bit dated and need refurbishing. The hotel breakfast was good but the evening buffet wasnt i would recommend eating at the Disney Village. Seeing the Disney characters in the hotel is a definate bonus and much easier than queuing in the park. This hotel was fine as we literally slept in the room and spent no additional time in there but if we had spent longer in the room then we would have more cause for complaint as the room and bathroom were distinctly average and the bathroom especially the taps could have done with a proper clean.

2 Thank KKD_2011
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was a family room, very large and quiet with two double beds. Great place to stay very near Disney village and to the parks. With Disney atmosphere Minie was there for photos with the kids
and we got a very good deal that included breakfast and one meal, plus the entrance passport to the parks

2 Thank CilaBlack
cyprus
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were at disneyland paris from the 22nd of June to the 28th of June and I just want to say an enormous thanks to Daniel in the back office of the reception. He was a god send when we had trouble with our half board. We had booked the Hotel New York together with the half board. Upon arrival, we were not told that the vouchers were separated into adults and children. On our first night we ate at the walts, an excellent restaurant, unfortunately nobody noticed that we had given 4 adult vouchers. On our second day we ate at the blue lagoon and the lady there was so nice to help us out and explain the difference. From Tuesday to Thursday, I was trying with the reception to correct the mistake with absolutely no result. On Thursday morning, I spoke once again with the reception and they connected me with Daniele and he organized the whole matter in half an hour. He was amazing!!!! Thank you very much once again, Daniel. He also organized that the manager on duty sign a paper which we gave so that we had no problem with the restaurant we had booked that day which was the Agrabah. You are a valuable employee and I hope that you are appreciated.

The hotel was fantastic, we booked the walts, blue lagoon, restaurant des stars and agrabah and they were all fantastic restaurants. Just be careful with your half board vouchers if you have children with you as there are other meal vouchers for adults and other meal vouchers for children. They are not all the same as with the pause gourmend.

We only wished that the soft opening of the ratatouille had come earlier so that we could try it as we were from Cyprus but that was not possible. Only the annual passport holders were allowed.

The hotel New York room was immaculate, clean and spotless. I was very scared that after having read reviews about the hotel on tripadvisor about it being dirty and old. We had an excellent room and we were on the side of the castle so we actually got to see disneydreams from the room as the children were too tired to stay up so late.

thanking you once again for all your help, hope to see you next year again

Room Tip: top floor rooms are better
2 Thank androullaCyprus
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've previously stayed in the Disneyland Hotel so obviously we noticed the difference in terms of proximity to the Park BUT there's also a huge price difference for, frankly, what I thought was a similar standard of hotel. The room was large. It was generally quiet. The staff were friendly and we were pleasantly surprised by the breakfast buffet which didn't feel as chaotic as when we'd stayed at the disneyland hotel.
We did a Character Breakfast at Cafe Mickey on one of our mornings and I'm really in two minds about this: in one hour there were four characters: Mickey, Eyeore, Pluto and Chip & Dale (ok, 5 really). As were came out of our breakfast at the hotel, Mickey was greeting kids in the foyer and we also saw goofy and minnie on another day. I guess it depends how character-oriented you are BUT the character breakfast (which you pay extra for - but have still paid for your hotel breakfast anyway) was fairly ordinary food and felt very 'manufactured' - not the 'dreamlike' experience I'd hoped for our kids.
BUT that's not the hotel. The hotel was expensive but good & served our needs - would love to be there for the ice rink in winter!

2 Thank angelec69
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
Explorers Hotel
Explorers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,762 reviews

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!