“Week long trip to EuroDisney”

Disney's Hotel New York
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
“Week long trip to EuroDisney”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel one for myself, partner and 3 year old daughter and one for my mother.

The rooms where small for the price and the beds are tiny if you have a child in the room also. My mums bed was huge!!

Bathrooms where small and bath required using muscles I didn't know I had getting in and out!!

Foyer, shops, bar, diner and restaurant all very clean and well presented.

Excellent staff very helpful!! The staff are a huge credit to hotel.

A Spa would be nice :)

Didn't get to use pool facilities due to an incident :( disappointed 3 year old.

New York Bar a must do soooo relaxing!!

VIP character experiences amazing at great location.

Breakfast was a disappointment!! The worst scrambled eggs I've ever had they where mushy purée!!

All in all a good week!

Would I book again - YES but only in the room I originally wanted in Empire Club which I'm disappointed I couldn't get.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Mishelle D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Paris
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The rooms were clean and beds and towels excellent. All the staff were polite, good humoured and helpful. But the restaurant managers were extremely rude. The shop had the nicest, most pleasant and helpful staff

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helmand
Navestock
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Where do I start?! We travelled to disney from Switzerland so we arrived late (5.30pm)...we thought this would be an advantage but instead we were watched by the doormen struggling with 5 suitcases, the buggy, the children etc and then had to wait for an hour to check in. I went to ask if the baggage people could help with the bags to the room at which point the lad tutted, rolled his eyes and sulked behind me. It then took another 45 minutes for the bags to reach the room. The room itself was filthy, the grout in the bathroom was mouldy, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the furniture chipped and tired the air conditioning was so noisy it was like being at the airport and the pillows smelled awful! We tried to book dinner but was told 10.45pm was the earliest we could eat, I have a 2 year old and a 7 year old-not ideal and were then told the only slot we could have for breakfast was 10am (like a 2 year old will wait until then to have breakfast). When hubby went to complain he was told to turn up whenever for breakfast and we were given a table at the Santa Fe restaurant. The attitude of the staff was apparent as we walked to the restaurant and one of the housekeeping staff spat on the carpet further down the corridor!!! The food was so tired and old that the pasta had gone hard and chewy from being under the heat lamp for so long! The best part of the holiday was checking out, what anyone can see in this place is beyond me, I have stayed in nicer b&bs!

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank Nicole M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have stayed at all of the disney hotels in Paris . They are not value for money . They all need over due refurb's . Whilst staying at the New York this July . I was refused a beaker of milk for my under 2 year old at the hotel restaurant while eating there . We paid half board and kids under 2 free . I was advised to call room service and they send free . I had to contain my laughter as to what I was advised . I sorted this problem with reception . Also our room our sinks seem to have a blockage problem . Overall paying 3k plus for 4 days I expect greatness . Unfortunately non of the disney hotels deliverer . The best way to explain is one of Florida's cheaper disney hotels knocks spots off the main Disneyland hotel or New York . That in my eyes says it all .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sunbeam58
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel at the end of July as a family holiday to Disneyland Paris, myself and my 7 yr old daughter.
We were on the third floor and it was great that Disney express takes our bags and puts them in our hotel room upon arrival at the station.

The room was very big and we had to very comfortable double beds.
The bathroom was always clean and delightful.
The staff were pleasant, cheerful and polite.

We used the swimming facilities which was nice as my daughter enjoyed practicng her swimming skills.

It is in a great location which is 10 mins. walk from Disneyland through Disney Village which is 2 min. walk away.

Unfortunately the food in the Parkside Diner, in the hotel, which was a buffet service was not great at all & I wouldn't reccommend that but breakfast was always nice.

Overall I would definitely stay there again and I would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank sexyshaki
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our stay at the hotel was a very pleasant experience and every member of staff we met made us feel welcome.

The hot breakfast was was good followed by meeting with Disney characters. Staying at the hotel gives you the advantage of being able to meet the characters before a big queue builds up. You also benefit from the magic hours, where the Disneyland Park is open to hotel residents from 8:00 am, 2 hours before it opens to the general public. It would be great if this facility was extended to the Walt Disney Studio as well.

The hotel is around 5 mins walk to the Disney village and another 5 mins from the village to either the studios or the park.

We were on the ground floor in rooms 116 & 118 which are interconnecting rooms and good for families.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MGK_11
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

An ideal location for exploring Disney. Rooms were clean although a little tired. The hotel had great service but it wasn't really very child friendly in terms of facilities: the swimming pool is freezing and deep at both ends. Breakfast was wonderful. Staff in the restaurant were helpful. Checking was tedious. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank elliegm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
#12 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!