“good hotel just dont leave anything on the beds or they are liable to send it to service wash - never to be seen again”

Disney's Hotel New York
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chessy
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

really nice hotel, sure it needs a bit of updating but not like the level of some hotels I have reviewed. Breakfasts usual hotel buffet, plenty of food to be had and good variety. you can queue up to get photos with Disney characters, cutting the time spent queueing in the park. the hotel has a pretty good NY theme running through it. The bar was very nice and excellent service every time we went there. The pool (inside and outside in one pool!) was good and large. Also if you are on the meal plan plus you can eat at most Disney table service restaurants, including Walt's American Diner, and the new Cafe Chez Remy at the Ratatouille ride, which is amazing! So I would recommend you try all the restaurants you can in the park and village, and you can book in advance of going so its all sorted when you get there. you also get a free teatime treat each per day, meaning a free snack and hot or cold drink in the afternoon, we didn't need many of these but they were handy.
however do not leave clothing or kids special blankets on the bed. my daughter left a white t-shirt (which was a special one) and white shorts on the bed and these were gathered with the bedding, never to be seen again. it took 3 times to get reception to take this seriously esp as the t-shirt was a special cheer leading tournament one. it would be awful if this was a young child's special cuddly and from the head of room service this does happen.

5 Thank hamnergirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel serves a purpose to be very close to the entrance to the Disney Village and parcs but does not live up to the 4 star rating. Shabby and dull, it is very overpriced with average breakfast, I'm glad we were out all day and evening as I wouldn't want to have spent too much time in the room. We did have a great view and the access to several Disney characters in a quick queue each day was a bonus but if I came back, even though we've stayed in 4 out of the 5 hotels (not Cheyenne), I would be tempted to spend my money on the 2 minute train journey to Val D'Europe and a better hotel/cheaper environment. We spent a day there at the mall/outlet shopping and there's a great little town with lots of other eating options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank molk01
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed for 5 days last week and having read some of the reviews before we went I was dreading it a bit about the rooms but faultless amazing. Beautiful clean rooms changed daily and the cleaning staff were excellent the room was clean and tidy every day. The breakfast was nice and you get to meet characters by the taxi every day outside the restaurant, I would recommend anyone going with kids to buy the premium meal package it saves so much money in the long run and we had a different thing every day to do. Reception staff were brilliant everyone was lovely this was our 4th time and would recommend every time!!!! Disney dreams will take your breath away

Room Tip: we stayed in 7772 amazing views of balloon and lake
7 Thank Sarah J
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a nice hotel in terms of the staff, lobby and bar etc. Unfortunately as many others have mentioned, the rooms are disappointing. Our room was clean but on the surface. There were stains and marks on the walls and doors etc that would easily come off if the room was cleaned properly. It wasn't an unpleasant stay and it is perfectly located but when you are staying in a 4* hotel you expect a lot more for your money then what you get here.

2 Thank ZDK2403
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Here now, August 2014, service shocking. Waited 30 mins to get into reception - only one person on the counter at peak time. The cue to check in was as long as the ride. Rooms not clean. In our case, the wardrobe did not work, when we called nobody came to fix it. We had to go and complain to the manager in person. The ice machine did not work on any floor. The need for a refurb is past pressing. On the other hand, the staff are pleasant and the food is great. I will not come back! First time I have felt the need to report on trip advisor given the expense of the hotel. Georges Collins

Room Tip: Pick something in a different hotel.
5 Thank PhysioGc
London, England
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have been to Disney USA many times and this was my first visit to Disney Paris. First impressions of landing at this hotel were that it is dark inside, to the point of gloomy. If you want to experience 1987 and a step back in time then this is the hotel for you. The bedrooms are exactly as you expect from reading other reviews, really, really dated.
Staff are nice
Food average.
It is also a good walk to the parks, ten minutes? seemed far longer. We were all really tired from the daily shlep to the parks. You would think there would be a little shuttle for older guests like my parents who struggled. Inside Disney BTW, 60 minute wait to meet Spiderman, 2.5 hours for one ride etc...Orlando was FAR better!

3 Thank Kathyweston
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel one for myself, partner and 3 year old daughter and one for my mother.

The rooms where small for the price and the beds are tiny if you have a child in the room also. My mums bed was huge!!

Bathrooms where small and bath required using muscles I didn't know I had getting in and out!!

Foyer, shops, bar, diner and restaurant all very clean and well presented.

Excellent staff very helpful!! The staff are a huge credit to hotel.

A Spa would be nice :)

Didn't get to use pool facilities due to an incident :( disappointed 3 year old.

New York Bar a must do soooo relaxing!!

VIP character experiences amazing at great location.

Breakfast was a disappointment!! The worst scrambled eggs I've ever had they where mushy purée!!

All in all a good week!

Would I book again - YES but only in the room I originally wanted in Empire Club which I'm disappointed I couldn't get.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Mishelle D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chessy
Disneyland Hotel
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne
#12 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe

Been to Disney's Hotel New York? Share your experiences!