We booked this hotel as it appeared to offer a relatively quiet location but with plenty of amenities and good transport links - we were not disappointed.
The Hotel bedrooms are perhaps a little dated and there are certainly more modern and luxurious 5 star places to choose from but the Corinthia proved to be a big hit with us.
The Corinthian Room (main restaurant) provided beautifully presented and excellent quality food although there are other restaurants available to choose from which provided plenty of variety.
We had interconnecting rooms (a double and a twin) that were fine. If we had any criticism, it would be that whilst our bed was exceptionally comfortable, the children’s beds seemed to dip in the middle but they were not too bad and the kids slept well.
The Corinthia Palace has many great features; the wonderful pool, the lovely cocktail lounge, the spacious rooms and the great food. However, perhaps the single most impressive thing that we noticed was the attitude of the staff.
Before we arrived, we had discussions with Curran Buhagiar who courteously and efficiently arranged airport transport for us. Throughout our stay he and his colleagues were incredibly friendly, helpful and attentive. The restaurant staff, the servers around the pool, the maids and everyone just wanted to make our stay memorable – and they succeeded.
We used the cocktail lounge most evenings prior to our meal and one of the Staff, Stephanie was just so happy and friendly that you couldn’t help but enjoy your evening.
My wife used the Spa for a massage and was a little disappointed with the ‘lack of ambiance’ in the treatment room which was very light– but the actual treatment was fine.
Overall, we all had a great time and would not hesitate to return to this hotel.
Thanks to all the staff at the Corinthia Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton