“A jewel in the beautiful Maltese island”

Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Anton
London, United Kingdom
“A jewel in the beautiful Maltese island”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

How can words describe the magic that David Woodward and his team work so perfectly together to achieve? I have stayed here on many occasions but my last 2 visits have excelled all previous experiences! My room was clean, meticulously attended to by housekeeping and was equipped with everything I needed. The food in the restaurants was mouthwateringly delicious with a great range of choice. All the hotel staff were so polite and helpful - nothing was any trouble and they responded to requests quickly and efficiently. The pool area was clean and organised and I was even treated to some sunshine in May! The public areas of the hotel were always clean and the gardens beautifully maintained. I am returning in July to enjoy a further "Palace delight" and can't wait! I would not hesitate to recommend this glorious hotel. Mr Woodward - you should be very proud of your hotel and Team!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
We are pleased to note your comments through Trip Advisor following your stay last May at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you most sincerely for your very encouraging and complimentary comments.

It is always such a pleasure to receive positive responses from guests who have experienced our facilities and services, and we are delighted that you enjoyed the ambience, the food and the pampering service.

I am indeed very proud of my team and as I feel your kind words are very encouraging, I have taken the liberty of placing a copy of your post on our Staff Noticeboard for all to read.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back this month and please do email me on: david.woodward@corinthia.com with the exact dates of your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hurghada, Al Bahr al Ahmar, Egypt
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I love to learn about Cultures , and you really know more if you visit during celebrations ,
During my visit to the hotel i loved the friendly spirit for Maltese people , willing to help and explain with passion about their beloved Island.
The service was excellent , Try rabbits it's really tasty dish.
Room tidy and clean, rickshaw Restaurant was amazing with the hospitable Memely.
the shuttle bus available takes you around the island , visit Medina area like traveling through time.

the whole experience was excellent , sure it will be my choice in Malta .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments posted on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa last October.
We are glad to note that you enjoyed your visit to our Islands and that you were pleased with the facilities and service offered at our hotel.
I have taken the liberty of giving a copy of the post to Memely from our Rickshaw and also placed a copy on our staff noticeboard for all my team to appreciate.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and if so, please send me an email before your visit so that I can take the opportunity to meet up with you in person.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was my first time in Corinthia Hotels.
I can say everything was really excellent!
As any hotel's director know, personnel is much more important than other things in the hotel.
First of all the kindness of the hotel's workers that I appreciated a lot.
I ask Director to extend my personal appreciation about all his staff for their very professional behavior.
Director must be proud of them.

Sergio Di Ianni.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
We have read your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel last month.
We are pleased to note that your first experience at a Corinthia Hotel was to your satisfaction.
I am indeed very lucky and proud of my team and I have placed your note of appreciation on our Noticeboard for my team to read as I feel it is encouraging for them all.
Meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back our hotel in the near future and contact me on david.woodward@corinthia.com when you will be visiting us.
UK
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have visited this Hotel three years in a row and have also reviewed very positively it back in 2011.
This year I was looking forward to returning however to my amazement the price has shot up by £400 over last years price.
I have checked prices throughout the summer and it seems this Hotel has put its prices up by 30 - 35 % from last year !!!!!
This has thought me a lesson not to praise a Hotel as this is what they do to their customers.
You have lost a loyal customer thanks to your greed and I shall be staying at another 5 star Hotel.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Might_be
We have noted your comments on Trip Advisor and thank you expressing your thoughts.
Please be assured that the trend you mentioned is the same for all five star hotels on the island and is not just for the summer period but throughout the twelve months of the year. The increase is due to a our constant endeavour to upgrade our facilities and services.
Should you decide to stay with us again, you will I am certain, notice various changes have been made. If so, please send me an email and I will be happy to meet you in person during your stay. My email address is: david.woodward@corinthia.com
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2013

An excellent review by Mr Plant which echoes the thoughts of myself,my wife and family.We have stayed here for the past 12 years each summer and a couple of times at Easter.The wonderful staff really make our stays a real pleasure each time,Just like Mr Plant we have come to know many of the staff over the years and to see them still there each year tells you a lot about the hotel,they like working there and it shows.We are approaching sixty so we do appreciate the serenity of the hotel and its comfort more so than say a younger couple,but saying that our bairns as we call them, are 32 and 28 and enjoy the place as much as we do.We recently took our first grandchild for a stay there so we are starting him early.The rooms are lovely,large,clean, and with very good beds.The food and restaurants have always been excellent,and combined with the pool and area,we would not stay anywhere else.You cannot get enough on here to give the palace justice,even outside the hotel there are a number of good restaurants all within easy walking distance.We are really looking forward to going back again in August..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
We note with pleasure your complimentary feedback on Trip Advisor about your previous stays at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you for corroborating the comments posted by Mr and Mrs Plant about our hotel.

It is always such a pleasure to receive positive responses from our guests who have experienced our facilities and services, and we are delighted that we
help to make your family’s experience with us special, comfortable and enjoyable.

My team and I are always at your disposal and we very much look forward to welcoming you back at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa in August.
Lichfield
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is my fifth review about this amazing hotel and as the title of my review says you do run out of superlatives. Let me state now I am not on the payroll, far from it I am a sixty something year old person who is married and appreciates the nice things in life. We have recently returned from a two week holiday during which we met the most extraordinary group of people you could ever wish to meet, they were the staff of the hotel from the top of the pyramid to the bottom. I can only believe they must have been born to work at the Corinthia Palace they make you feel so special nothing is too much trouble - they will go the extra mile for you .

The food in the Corinthia Room and the Rickshaw was of the highest level The menu in the Corinthia room was changed whilst we were there and it caused a little confusion until Keith Mifsud [Food and Beverages Manager] was kind enough to sit down with me and explain how the new system would work . The happy two hours in the Caprice Lounge was a very nice bonus as was the Taittinger and the cocktails.

We spent a lot of time during the day in the walled garden area at the rear of the Caprice lounge which has very comfortable armchairs and settees and it was so quiet at times we were the only people there, the majority of tourists were around the pool .It was lovely to see the hotel was as busy as it was. I think the message is getting out.

My wife and my self were upgraded to a suite which was wonderful and helped greatly thank you to all the people concerned in arranging this it was much appreciated. We also arranged our transfers through the hotel ,the cars and the drivers were top quality thanks to Johns Cars, a great start and end to a fabulous holiday.

To sum up, if you want a glitzy plastic hotel with bouncing entertainment it is not for you ,but if you want 5 star quality, tranquillity, unbelievable staff ,a stunning building and gardens and you want to feel like a VIP visitor treat yourself and book - you won`t regret it.

Thank you to all members of staff and management for again making our holiday memorable, see you all again in December

From Mike's wife Gill :

I want to express my thanks to all the staff. Even those we didn't know greeted us by name with a smile and an offer of help if we needed it. It would be unfair to choose one member of staff above another when they are all so good but the incomparable Joseph in the Corinthia restaurant was as wonderful as ever and Ray Vella runs him a close second. I got the feeling there was nothing they wouldn't do to help me (I have mobility problems). The housekeeping staff who serviced our suite were always very good and smiley. Lizio in the Caprice bar never stops smiling (and makes a great Margarita. ) My particular thanks go to Mr. Woodward for allowing us to upgrade to a suite so that I could have a walk-in shower because I am unable to get in a bath. He is also to be congratulated for having such an efficient and helpful staff. I could go on forever naming staff who stand out for their helpfulness and smiles.

The food in both the Corinthia restaurant and the Rickshaw gets better with each visit. Thank you for reinstating the maltese bread at meal times. It really is the best I've ever had.

Can't wait to go back - it's like going home but a lot posher !

Room Tip: Rooms on the front will get the early sun. If you do not want a sunny room ask for a side room near...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MikePlant
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write such a lengthy post on Trip Advisor following your fifth stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Customer feedback is an excellent tool to gauge satisfaction levels and your complimentary comments are indeed greatly appreciated.

It is always our pleasure to be of service to you and my team and I are especially happy to note that our efforts as well as the ambience of our hotel make you feel at home away from home.

As I feel your kind words are very encouraging, I have taken the liberty of placing a copy of your post on our Staff Noticeboard for all to read. I have also given an individual copy to those team members you highlighted by name.

Please do drop me an email me on: david.woodward@corinthia.com when you have decided on dates for your December visit.

In the meantime, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home’ in Malta.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week in this fabulous hotel. All of the staff could not do enough to make us feel welcome to Malta and the Corinthia Hotel. The dining room has to be seen to be believed it was part of the original villa where the Corinthia dream had begun. The food was exceptional as were Raymond and Larkin who were part of the team in the dining room. After dinner it was time to relax in the Caprice Bar where Adrian's knowledge of cocktails was exceptional and he made us feel so welcome. Tuesday to Saturday the Rickshaw Diner is an Asian dining experience on the lower ground floor the food there was equally good. The bedroom was large and the bed very comfortable with a balcony overlooking the beautiful front garden. Altogether a very enjoyable week.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to enjoy a quiet location the rooms at the front of the hotel overlook very pretty ga...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for the complimenting feedback you have posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

It is a particularly warming experience to receive such positive comments and gratifying to know that you were pleased with our efforts to provide superior service.

I have placed a copy of your review on our staff noticeboard for all to read and also given a copy to the three team members personally mentioned as I strongly believe that the loyalty of guests who take the time to post such positive comments is our greatest asset in maintaining quality.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back soon and please email me beforehand on: david.woodward@corinthia.com as I would like to take the opportunity to thank you personally.

Thank you once again.
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
#6 of 32 in Saint Julian's
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,119 reviews

Been to Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!