“Perfect, relaxing home from home.”

Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Anton
Reviewed 30 June 2013

If you want a modern, plastic hotel with fake smiling staff then DO NOT visit the Corinthia Spa. However if would like a lovely Villa with ambience and genuine lovely staff then DO visit the Corinthia Spa. Everything about our stay here was just fabulous. We went to celebrate our 25th wedding Anniversary and we could not have wished for anything better. Room, pool, bars and restaurants all excellent and staff outstanding. If you want quiet and to be left alone, or if you want a good old chat and history of Malta, both are available! Very relaxing and felt like we were visiting "old friends" although this was our first and definitely not our last visit. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you most sincerely for the lovely comments you posted on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

My team and I are glad that we made helped to make your vacation and your Silver Wedding Anniversary a special one.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please email me on david.woodward@corintia.com when you have established the date of your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Have just returned to damp old England after having spent a week at the corinthia palace. I am so glad that the wife and I chose to stay here. It was very luxurious, comfortable, clean and calm. The staff were all very attentive to our needs ( something that we are not used to ) and made us feel special. I would have no problems with deciding wether to stay there again. It really was a lovely experience. Having read some other reviews saying they felt it was over priced and out dated, well, yes and yes. Go to any 5 Star hotel and you'll be paying over the top for a beer or meal that will be cheaper down the road. Fixtures and fittings maybe a bit outdated to some but that's the charm of an old style building. We loved it, many thanks for a pleasant week Corinthia.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

We have read your feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel in June.
Thank you most sincerely for your complimentary comments. We are pleased to note that my team and I made your first experience at our hotel special and look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back time and time again.
Feel free to drop me an email before your next visit so that I can meet up with you to personally offer my thanks. You may contact me on my email: david.woodward@corinthia.com.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend a small conference held there. The experience was overall smooth, and I felt comfortable in the hotel even though I usually don't like five-star hotels. The staff was polite but friendly, and they worked fast. When I arrived to check in, they gave me a glass of fresh orange juice to compensate for the waiting time, which was still only a few minutes. The breakfast buffet was excellent, though as usual in large hotels you're likely to lose any food you leave behind when you go to pour yourself a glass of juice -- the waiters circle the tables and take your plate as soon as you turn your back.

My room was quiet, and the temperature was pleasant during day time. Other guests found their room too hot in the afternoon since they faced west. My room was still too hot for me to sleep in, so I turned on the air-conditioning, which had only one setting: cold and noisy. The provided duvets were quite thick and matched the air-conditioned temperature well, so I slept fine.

There is not much to see or do within walking distance. The beautiful San Anton Gardens are worth a visit, but that's about it. Fortunately, there are restaurants in all price ranges inside the hotel, so you can eat there every day if you want. Or you can take a bus or taxi into the city.

There was free low-bandwidth Wi-Fi, which worked well enough for me. For higher-bandwidth activity, you had to pay extra. The free Wi-Fi was good enough for a Skype voice call but not good enough for video.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

We have noted your post on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you for your complimentary words.
We are glad to note that you were pleased with our facilities and service, but since you were attending a conference perhaps you were not informed about our shuttle service to Valletta and Sliema during the day and St Julians in the evening.
As regards Wi-fi, we are pleased to inform you that the higher-bandwith is now available in all our guest rooms at no extra charge.
Should you be returning to the hotel in the near future, please contact me on david.woodward@corinthia.com so that I can meet up with you and thank you in person.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

How can words describe the magic that David Woodward and his team work so perfectly together to achieve? I have stayed here on many occasions but my last 2 visits have excelled all previous experiences! My room was clean, meticulously attended to by housekeeping and was equipped with everything I needed. The food in the restaurants was mouthwateringly delicious with a great range of choice. All the hotel staff were so polite and helpful - nothing was any trouble and they responded to requests quickly and efficiently. The pool area was clean and organised and I was even treated to some sunshine in May! The public areas of the hotel were always clean and the gardens beautifully maintained. I am returning in July to enjoy a further "Palace delight" and can't wait! I would not hesitate to recommend this glorious hotel. Mr Woodward - you should be very proud of your hotel and Team!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased to note your comments through Trip Advisor following your stay last May at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you most sincerely for your very encouraging and complimentary comments.

It is always such a pleasure to receive positive responses from guests who have experienced our facilities and services, and we are delighted that you enjoyed the ambience, the food and the pampering service.

I am indeed very proud of my team and as I feel your kind words are very encouraging, I have taken the liberty of placing a copy of your post on our Staff Noticeboard for all to read.

We do look forward to being able to welcome you back this month and please do email me on: david.woodward@corinthia.com with the exact dates of your next visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I love to learn about Cultures , and you really know more if you visit during celebrations ,
During my visit to the hotel i loved the friendly spirit for Maltese people , willing to help and explain with passion about their beloved Island.
The service was excellent , Try rabbits it's really tasty dish.
Room tidy and clean, rickshaw Restaurant was amazing with the hospitable Memely.
the shuttle bus available takes you around the island , visit Medina area like traveling through time.

the whole experience was excellent , sure it will be my choice in Malta .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind comments posted on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa last October.
We are glad to note that you enjoyed your visit to our Islands and that you were pleased with the facilities and service offered at our hotel.
I have taken the liberty of giving a copy of the post to Memely from our Rickshaw and also placed a copy on our staff noticeboard for all my team to appreciate.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and if so, please send me an email before your visit so that I can take the opportunity to meet up with you in person.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was my first time in Corinthia Hotels.
I can say everything was really excellent!
As any hotel's director know, personnel is much more important than other things in the hotel.
First of all the kindness of the hotel's workers that I appreciated a lot.
I ask Director to extend my personal appreciation about all his staff for their very professional behavior.
Director must be proud of them.

Sergio Di Ianni.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

We have read your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel last month.
We are pleased to note that your first experience at a Corinthia Hotel was to your satisfaction.
I am indeed very lucky and proud of my team and I have placed your note of appreciation on our Noticeboard for my team to read as I feel it is encouraging for them all.
Meantime, we look forward to welcoming you back our hotel in the near future and contact me on david.woodward@corinthia.com when you will be visiting us.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have visited this Hotel three years in a row and have also reviewed very positively it back in 2011.
This year I was looking forward to returning however to my amazement the price has shot up by £400 over last years price.
I have checked prices throughout the summer and it seems this Hotel has put its prices up by 30 - 35 % from last year !!!!!
This has thought me a lesson not to praise a Hotel as this is what they do to their customers.
You have lost a loyal customer thanks to your greed and I shall be staying at another 5 star Hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Might_be

We have noted your comments on Trip Advisor and thank you expressing your thoughts.
Please be assured that the trend you mentioned is the same for all five star hotels on the island and is not just for the summer period but throughout the twelve months of the year. The increase is due to a our constant endeavour to upgrade our facilities and services.
Should you decide to stay with us again, you will I am certain, notice various changes have been made. If so, please send me an email and I will be happy to meet you in person during your stay. My email address is: david.woodward@corinthia.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Anton
#5 of 15 in Valletta
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!