“Excellent service!”

Corinthia Palace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Anton
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night only and we were very impressed! The service was excellent, the pool gorgeous and the food delicious! The rooms are a little dated, but that adds to the character of the building. I recommend this hotel 100%!
The bed was so comfy and the room was quiet and peaceful. The balcony was a great extra! It was nice to sit and watch the sun set! The Rickshaw Asian restaurant is amazing! The food and the service was fantastic! The breakfast consisted of a very wide range of things to enjoy! Try the Maltese sausage! I would stay here again! I felt very welcome and the staff went out of their way to make our stay wonderful, knowing my name and remembering it throughout our stay. This is something many 5 star hotels lack but not this one! Thank you to Rita on the reception as well as all the staff! Very friendly and professional!
Thank you for a very pleasant stay!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joeandrobert
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We have read your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you most sincerely for your kind comments.

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your short visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and do send me an email on david.woodward@corinthia.com should you require any assistance.

David Woodward

Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Loved my stay at the Corinthia Palace! The hotel is set in a quiet residential area (next to the President’s Palace) and just a quick taxi ride to your choice of dining and shopping. Incredibly gracious staff ready to assist at any moment. Everyone made me feel so welcome from the moment I arrived. I stayed in an Executive room which was well appointed and large. The bed was extremely comfortable – and ensured a good night’s sleep (and easy adjustment to jet lag). I really enjoyed the lovely and spacious balcony overlooking the beautiful gardens. The food was excellent. I didn't have the opportunity to dine at Rickshaw, but thoroughly enjoyed a few meals at Villa Corinthia (a very elegant setting with cuisine to match). The breakfast buffet has an excellent selection, and I was impressed that the staff remembered my gluten-free preferences each morning. While too cool to enjoy the outdoor pool, I found the setting beautiful, and can see myself sunning myself here on my next visit. I also had a great spa treatment on my arrival day that did wonders for jet lag. A great place to call home on a visit to lovely Malta.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank luxtravgal

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Palace Hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a particularly warming experience to receive comments such as yours, and gratifying to know that you were pleased with our efforts to provide superior service, exceptional food, facilities of Corinthia Palace Hotel & SPA in general and consider us as your Second Home!

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Should you be returning to our hotel, please email me on david.woodward@corinthia.com

Reviewed 24 April 2014

OK - so it is not the first time I stayed at this hotel, in fact I have stayed here on numerous occasions over many years, but that in itself should be a red-hot recommendation. It is a beautiful hotel with great facilities and the Spa is amazing.

New management has made the world of difference in recent months and restoring this (first Corinthia hotel) to its former glory. The hotel is next to San Anton Gardens but am a little "in the middle of nowhere" for families (and not much to do for children) or mega-active people, however there are excellent transport links to everywhere.

As for me ......... my next stay has already been booked - this has become my "home from home" very quickly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Vikingepigen
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Guest,

It is always our pleasure to be of service to you and my team and I are especially happy to note that our efforts as well as the ambience of our hotel make you feel at home away from home.

Please do drop me an email me on: david.woodward@corinthia.com when you have decided on dates for your December visit.

In the meantime, we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to your ‘home’ in Malta.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My daughter and I booked a long weekend at the Corinthia Palace San Anton at the beginning of April. This was our first visit to Malta and we weren't disappointed. From walking through the door of the hotel every member of staff went out of their way to greets us and make us feel special. As it was a little too cold to use the outdoor pool area we made use of the spa, which is fantastic. We didn't book treatments in advance and were disappointed that the spa diary was full, but the manager asked a member of staff to come in specially to give us a facial each, what service!
Our room was large and well appointed, there was lots of choice for breakfasts and although we didn't have all our meals at the hotel what we did have was good. The hotel is in a residential area outside Velleta, however the bus service in the area is excellent.
Great hotel and fabulous staff, we will return some day

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Denandtony

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments which we have received through Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

We are so happy to note that you find the atmosphere, our hotel facilities, grounds and most of all, the service given by all members of our team so impressive.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Corinthia Palace is a great 5 star Hotel , staff is excellent , confident and professional .
Actually I don´t use to write reviews about Hotels, in fact, 5 star Hotels has to be in that way; but as Whisky lover , I can say that Corinthia Palace ( Caprice Bar ) has the best barman in the island. Alesandro is professional and enjoy working . One of the best Whisky sour I never taste.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronald S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your experience at the Corinthia Palace Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are indeed pleased to note that you were satisfied with our facilities and services. Your kind comment towards our Team Member Alesandro has been personally passed on.

Please do drop me a line on email: david.woodward@corinthia.com when you plan your next vacation and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Malta.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My mother and I have just arrived back from this beautiful hotel and I must say we were very sad to leave!

From the moment we stepped foot into the hotel we were transported into paradise.
The staff on the front desk were lovely and so immensely friendly! We were both given a chilled fresh orange juice as it was scorching hot outside.

I took my mother to Malta for 6 nights as a late mothers day present and I had previously emailed the general manager, David Woodward, to ask if some flowers could be placed in the room as a special surprise for my mother. Upon arrival in the room we were greeted with a huge bouquet of flowers, champagne on ice, a large fresh chocolate cake and various goodies to eat!! It was truly beautiful and my mother was overjoyed at the lovely surprise!

The room was lovely and the very efficient maids cleaned the room from top to bottom each day!

We were also delighted with the little gifts that various staff brought around to the rooms each day (fruit platters, chilled water, fresh nuts and seeds etc) we were so very spoilt!

The location is also wonderful as the hotel is situated next to beautiful gardens with gorgeous flowers and various birds to look at. My mother and I loved walking around the beautiful gardens when the weather was nice.

The shuttle bus which runs several times a day around the island was a perfect way to see more of Malta! Although I must admit that most of the other areas were very busy and built up so we preferred to stay around the beautiful quiet haven of the hotel and it's grounds.

The pool area was stunning and I literally spent all of my time there (4 out of the 6 days were scorching hot) and the staff literally couldn't do enough for you!

The restaurants at the hotel were fabulous. Our favourite being the Rickshaw where you will find lots of lovely Asian delights. The atmosphere in the restaurant is also wonderful and we ended up eating here a few times during our stay.

The mini bar was well stocked each day and the room service was brilliant! We often ordered snacks or light lunches to our room and the food was always excellent.

The breakfast was plentiful and again, nothing was too much trouble for the amazing staff at the Corinthia.

The spa was great and we visited the swimming pool and jacuzzi most days to relax and unwind before going for dinner.

We also managed to visit a wonderful Italian restaurant in St Julian's called Da Marina. It's right next to where the bus drops you off so if you get a chance to go there it is well worth it!

All in all, our stay was superb and I will definitely be returning to this hotel if not this year then definitely next year!

The staff, the manager, the service, the food, the location, facilities, the beautiful spa all contributed to the most enjoyable holiday I have ever been on. My mother had a brilliant time and everything was perfect.

If you get the chance to stay at this hotel take it! You surely won't be disappointed.

Ild like to say a huge thank you to David and all of his amazing staff for such a pleasant stay and we very much look forward to returning again soon.
Your hotel is absolutely 1st class and having stayed in several 5 star establishments, your hotel is by far the best!

I would also like to add that I am in no way connected to the hotel and if anyone would like any further info regarding our stay there please feel free to ask :-) v_tiffani@hotmail.com

Room Tip: All of the rooms were lovely and th suites are huge!! Any room you get will be luxurious :-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffani_Vinyard

Dear Guest,

It is a particularly warming experience to receive comments such as yours, and gratifying to know that you were pleased with our efforts to provide superior service and exceptional food.

I have placed a copy of your kind comments on our notice board for all to read as I find that it is always a good boost for all team members, including those who work behind the scenes.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

As mentioned by previous reviewers, the staff really make this hotel special. This was our first visit to Malta and we wanted somewhere quiet, comfortable and away from the noisy tourist hotspots so the Corinthia Palace was ideal. From check-in to checkout, every member of staff we encountered was smiling, courteous and helpful - from the wonderful concierge desk staff to the cheery "good morning" each day when we encountered the chambermaids in the corridor. Airport transfers were arranged for us by the hotel at a very reasonable rate, and was very efficient with smart drivers and comfortable vehicles.
Breakfast was fresh and plentiful with endless top-ups of coffee from the friendly waiting staff.
The bus stops for the regular Valletta-Mdina route were a 5 minute stroll to the end of the street.
The residential location means limited evening dining options nearby, however, there was a "cheap and cheerful" pizza and pasta restaurant across he street where we ate some evenings and saw a few faces familiar from the breakfast room!
We had a standard room towards the rear of the hotel, above the Caprice lounge bar. The room was spacious with a huge bed and overlooked the private houses across the side street. The only noticeable noise was from a dog in one of the houses but this was only intermittent.
The "happy 2 hours" in the bar offered extremely good value for money - there is a variety of cocktails on offer (which we did not try) but the local beer and wine was very reasonable.
We loved this hotel, felt very welcome and would love to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jc30
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guest,

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Anton
#5 of 15 in Valletta
The Phoenicia Malta
The Phoenicia Malta
#3 of 15 in Valletta

Been to Corinthia Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!