“short break in June”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Anton
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“short break in June”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

First visit to this hotel which came so highly recommended by others on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. All staff were welcoming, polite and helpful. Our room was comfortable and spacious and the breakfasts were well prepared, presented and gave a great variety of choices. Loved the location away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist locations, although they were easily reached by the hotel shuttle or public transport. The pool and gardens are lovely and we also enjoyed the opportunity to use the lido at the sister hotel on the coast courtesy of the free shuttle bus. We had 4 lovely days in Malta and would certainly recommend the Corinthia Palace Hotel.

Room Tip: Room at the front was subject to some traffic noise but not too disturbing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JFB55
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We have read your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa and thank you most sincerely for your kind comments.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you decide to visit Malta again so that I can make the necessary arrangements for your next stay. My email is david.woodward@corinthia.com.

David Woodward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I travelled solo to this lovely welcoming hotel and was greeted with smiles and speedy check in even though I was a little early. The hotel is away from the busy tourist areas providing calm and relaxing environment but well connected which made it easy to explore the Island.

The room was clean and spacious, open areas regularly checked and the grounds were beautiful. Hospitality of the staff was great they were all very welcoming and greeted you with a smile and helpful in dealing with any questions providing great service. I dined in the out door summer kitchen restaurant and have to say the food was lovely fresh and full of flavour, and enjoyed the lounge bar in the evening for a relaxing drink. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel on future visits to Malta. Thank you for making this a relaxing experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Neve M
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a relaxing one.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and do send me an email on david.woodward@corinthia.com should you require any assistance.

Thank you once again.
United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from another Luxurious & Relaxing stay at the Corinthia Palace.

From our Arrival to Departure we just soaked up the Luxury and 5* Hospitality that they make look so effortless.

We were upgraded to an Executive Suite on the 3rd Floor, which was very Welcome and I must say Unexpected.
This was a wonderful start to our Holiday and the quality of the Room was beyond Luxury.

Breakfast is still Served in the Antoinette Room and is Faultless.
The Quality & Selection 1st Class.
And the Hospitality so warm & Friendly.

We dined in the New Summer Garden which is situated in the Pool Area and is a wonderful addition to the Corinthians 5* Portfolio.
The Menu is very Much Bistro in Style but varied in its selection and the Quality of The Dishes was excellent which the service matched.
A beautiful
Area to Dine and relax in the Pool Area.

The Old Pasta Restaurant is now a Beautiful Sun Area\ Pool Area, which also accommodates those Clients who being the Dogs.

Which I may mention is a quite Wonderful Idea to allow Patrons to bring there Dogs to the Corinthia, for a Truly 5* Doggy Experience.

The Corinthia has lost not of it's Charm, but grows in stature after every visit.

I commend all Staff from Front of House, housekeeping, F&B and the Chefs for bringing this Hotel to the Forefront of 5* Hospitality in Malta.

We very much look forward to our return to the Corinthia and offer our Heartfelt Thanks for yet another Memorable Stay.

Congratulations on once again Raising the Bar in 5* Hospitality

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rayboy806
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Palace Hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a particularly warming experience to receive comments such as yours, and gratifying to know that you were pleased with our efforts to provide superior service, facilities and exceptional food in particular our lavish Breakfast and ‘Summer Kitchen’ by the pool area.

With regards to your comment towards man’s best friend- dog, please note that it is our logo ‘Because every pooch deserves five-star luxury’, we know how much four-legged friends mean, and they are VIPs just the same!

I have placed a copy of your kind comments on our notice board for all to read as I find that it is always a good boost for all team members, including those who work behind the scenes.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Should you be returning to our hotel, please email me on david.woodward@corinthia.com

stockport uk
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Back again at the Corinthia Palace, far enough from the bustling tourism of Valetta and the night life of St Julian's . Thanks to the attentiveness of David Woodward we have returned , called back to the calm genteel hospitality of this sophisticated ,dowager of a hotel. My father served with the Manchester Regiment WW2, billeted in the grounds of the San Anton Gardens. This quiet spot is relaxing and nostalgic, it is possible to wander through the local streets and immerse oneself in Maltese culture. The hotel epitomises the gracious hospitality of our Maltese hosts, faultless facilities ,breakfast, and service. We have been asked to mention a staff member who has gone out of their way to be helpful and make the stay more pleasurable. How could we ? They have all greeted us at all times with smiles and nothing has been too much trouble. Thank you

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank caroline427
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments which we have received through Trip Advisor following your stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa.

It was my pleasure to welcome you back at Corinthia Palace Hotel & SPA. We are so happy to note that you found the atmosphere, our hotel facilities and the service given by all members of our team to your satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back another time in the near future. Should you be returning to our hotel, please email me on david.woodward@corinthia.com

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, great facilities, attentive staff. Old world charm with all the modern facilities. My second stay here, will be back very soon. Have stayed in wonderful hotels worldwide as aircrew, and with my husband John and our family. This hotel is up there with the best.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank AMH222013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your second stay at the Corinthia Palace Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are indeed pleased to note that you were once again satisfied with our facilities and services and look forward to welcoming you back.

Drop me a line with your dates when you have them in hand. My email is: david.woodward@corinthia.com

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My Wife and I had a week at the Corinthia Palace and had a fantastic break totally chilled and relaxed.
We found the staff were totally friendly and always talking to you with a smile on their faces which was so refreshing.
The hotel itself was just well sheer class, some have said it's dated and tired we did not see any of this in any of the areas we saw.
We had room 318 and upgraded to a suite 302 both these rooms were very nice.
Front of house staff were always ready to help and get info for you, Martin was always with a smile and ready to help, sorry I don't recall any other staff names but to be honest they all need to be praised.
would highly recomend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tim w
David W, General Manager at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest,

My team and I are indeed delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and that we helped to make your stay with us a pleasant one.

Thank you once again.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Since retiring from full-time journalism with the Sunday Mirror in London a year ago I have spent much of my newly-acquired free time travelling far and wide with my wife, Gill. We have enjoyed the delights of some excellent hotels and the intrigue of exploring so many new locations.
But our first-ever trip to Malta simply exceeded every expectation. This vibrant, sun-soaked island is a veritable treasure trove of history and a fascinating cocktail of contrasting cultures. Why it took us so long to discover its many charms, I simply do not know.
But what I can say now with absolute certainty is that anyone looking for the perfect base to explore
Malta's rich heritage should look no further than the luxurious splendour of the Corinthia Palace Hotel.
During my sports-writing career I was a regular visitor to five-star hotels, but I can honestly say the Corinthia is right up there with the very best I have stayed in.
What makes the Corinthia an absolute stand-out experience is not simply the superb facilities, its truly relaxing ambience, a high-class spa or an endless array of fine food and drink.
It is the human factor that gives the Corinthia its stellar quality. The warmth and professionalism of the Corinthia's highly-motivated, well-organised staff provided an impressive level of service that was immediately noticeable.
It is very rare these days to encounter such a smiling, welcoming, attentive group of people who clearly care not just for the well-being of the guests but quite demonstrably for the reputation of the hotel as well.
Within an incredibly short space of time it seemed that every member of staff was addressing us by name and their willingness to do anything to help improve our holiday experience made a memorable impression.
From the moment we were collected at the airport by a car organised by the hotel and later greeted by super-efficient concierge Anthony in the Corinthia's imposing foyer, we were treated like VIPs. Some famous London hotels could learn a lot from how this slick Maltese operation is managed.
The favourable impression continued with an upgrade to room 336 that afforded us a spectacular balcony view over the well-manicured front gardens. My wife was particularly delighted with the elegant trappings of a well-appointed room and a spacious, well-equipped bathroom. I am reliably informed the “smellies” passed muster.
As a a journalist I am also duty bound to point out that Corinthia's communications are top class. Wi-fi worked a treat, phones did their job and Shirley, the Revenue Manager, answered all my queries almost by return of email, while Anna on reception was outstanding.
On our first night we ate in the Rickshaw restaurant and as avid fans of oriental cuisine enjoyed a first-class meal at what we thought was a reasonable price for a five-star property. Breakfast provided a huge and inviting choice and service in the mornings was efficient and friendly especially from the always-cheerful Maria.
The pool area is attractively designed and provided a relaxing afternoon oasis for a gin and tonic and a peek at the holiday novel after some busy days visiting churches, monuments and museums.
We regularly used the hotel's courtesy bus service- expertly manned by Kevin- to go into the must-see Capital of Valletta. The local bus from a stop just around the corner is perfect for visiting the magnificent “silent city” of Medina- only 15 minutes away. Rabat another five minute's away is also packed full of history.
But if you simply fancy a relaxing walk from the hotel then the beautiful San Anton gardens next to the President's Palace are only five minutes away. The Villa Bologna is a working estate nearby also boasting lovely landscaped gardens.
The Corinthia is set in a pleasant, residential area which is fairly quiet at night but there are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance as well as a few bars. Our favourite was the Fra Giuseppe wine bar nestling alongside Hal Balzan church. Go and see Stefan there for exquisite vino, Maltese nibbles and an invigorating atmosphere.
But when the hotel service and social scene is as exceptional as we experienced, we were happy spending a fair amount of our time in the Corinthia. It really was that welcoming.
Our only disappointment was that our fabulous week had, like all good things, to come to an end. But within weeks I was already planning our return to Malta and the Corinthia.
A hotel like the Corinthia is just too exceptional to visit only once.

Room Tip: Room 336 gave a lovely view of the landscaped front gardens and the balcony was excellent for early...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank BrianMcNally
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Palace Hotel for your recent stay in Maltese Islands and for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is a particularly warming experience to receive comments such as yours, and gratifying to know that you were pleased with our efforts to provide superior service as well as exceptional food.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Anton
#1 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Excelsior Grand Hotel
#5 of 15 in Valletta

Been to Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!