This hotel was classed as a 5 star and did have some nice touches which made it feel a bit more special but I think if you have stayed in a range of hotels it probably isn't top 5 star as is a bit dated and the rooms could be doing with updating in particular doors to balcony and bathroom.
HOWEVER.....saying all that the hotel was lovely and we had a very pleasant stay. We really couldn't fault it. Staff were helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Martin the concierge was particularly friendly and helpful. The room was big and had everything you needed and air con was great. The balcony was nice although with such a nice pool area we hardly used it!!!!
We had breakfast each morning. Lovely selection, everything replenished quickly and the room for breakfast is lovely and airy. We are in the Rickshaw and Summer kitchen restaurants. Both were very nice but were quite pricey but this is to be expected from hotel restaurants.
The location was very convenient for Valletta and Mdina with a bus going from just outside hotel. It was also only a short walk to a bus which goes to Gozo boat terminal. However it was slightly remote and didn't have many bars or restaurants near. The hotel shuttle to St Juliens was handy.
All in all a lovely stay. If you are looking for somewhere to relax and take it easy would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton