When we first arrived we were extremely disappointed with the view from our room which was of a large flat roof, not "a view of the hotel’s beautiful gardens" as we were promised. We complained and were moved the next day. Our new room overlooked the hotel bar and also a noisy road. The hotel also appeared to be on a flight path.
The rooms are generally in need of updating. They looked shabby and tired. In our room the bathroom door would not shut or lock, we had to wedge it shut with the bin. Towels were old and the drains smelt terribly.
Our biggest issue was with the number of unruly children at this hotel. We chose this hotel on the basis that it would be a "great relaxing spa break and Idyllic Maltese escape" and were extremely disappointed by the number of children running around, generally being disruptive, loud and whose parents didn't seem to care. At one point guests on the sun bed next to us changed their child's nappy on the sun bed and allowed their other two children to use their potties poolside. Not exactly what we had in mind for a 5* star tranquil break. We complained to management who explained that this was because the hotel was busy. I did however expect for him to monitor this is the future and suggest that staff ask guests to use appropriate changing facilities and generally ask their kids to be respectful of other guests. Out of the 7 days, we only experienced 1 quiet/peaceful day by the pool. To add to this, one evening when we returned to our room for a pre-dinner nap, the hotel was hosting a child's party. The music was incredibly loud as was the shrieking voice of the host. This is not what I would expect from a 5* hotel.
In addition, the poolside bar was mediocre, as was the food. We asked for a cocktail which was not on the menu and were told that we could not have it (even though we had it the night before in the hotel bar).
A huge disappointment. We will not be returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the island of Malta, adjacent to the Presidential Palace and public San Anton botanical gardens, the 147-room five-star Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa exudes authentic grace and classical charm. The Villa Corinthia, a century-old restored residential villa, is the main restaurant and social event venue, where warmth, personal attention and traditional elegance abound. Guests can also enjoy The Summer Kitchen, our seasonal al fresco brasserie or a cocktail at the Caprice Lounge prior to dining at the exclusive Far Eastern restaurant Rickshaw, where Asian tastes are passionately served. The Athenaeum Spa provides its guests with an extensive range of wellness facilities, complete with a wide selection of revitalising treatments where precision is the call of the day, a fitness centre, indoor and outdoor swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta/San Anton