We stayed here for our honeymoon in June 2009. It was a lovely hotel, very clean and tidy. However, the room was not what we would expect from a five star hotel. It was quite small, especially the bathroom. We did comment on it, especially as it was our honeymoon, but they were not really bothered and offered to upgrade us if we paid for it.
The pool area and spa were great. We did not use the indoor pool as the weather was so good that we wanted to be outside. There are plenty of sunloungers and it never felt crowded. The pool and area were very clean. The poolside restaurant was expensive, partly due to the exchange rate at present, but compared to the other restaurants it was still more expensive.
The other restaurants were lovely as well, the Rickshaw was amazing and the pizzeria outside great as well. We only went to the Corinthia room once but it was lovely, and good value. We found the complimentary bus service to Valetta and Sliema really helpful and used it a lot.
The only things to comment on is that the service is sometimes not what I would expect of a 5 star hotel. When wanting to speak to someone at reception we always had to wait as there was only ever one person on the desk. This started to become quite irritating, especially as there was never an apology and the service sometimes quite short.
In all, a lovely hotel but there were a few things that I would comment on for a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Ebookers, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton