Following my review of January 2010 entitled " A return is a must ". My wife and myself have made it ,this time between 6th and 16th December 2010 as we had decided to spend Christmas at home this year.
Our return visit was absolutely wonderful.We arrived at 11-20 pm to be welcomed by the ever smiling Martin who welcomed us back and took our luggage to our room so we could go and get a drink. Mr Italico Rota The General Manager welcomed us at breakfast next morning.This gentleman is an outstanding example for anyone to follow in the art of how to treat guests and make them feel special.Thank you Mr Rota for all the kindness and consideration that you showed to my wife and myself'
We timed our visit this year to coincide with " The Lighting Ceremony " what a stunning evening and a superb 5 course dinner with a very imaginitive menu. The entertainment was A1. The highlight of it for my wife and myself were Csicso a four piece Hungarian band who were magnificent. The following evening they played again. On this occasion, the lead violinist and some of the other musicians played at individual tables,my wife when asked requested that they played The Blue Danube Waltz which they duly did and the entire restaurant raised the roof with applause when they finished,even the waiting staff applauded.It was a sheer indulgence for my wife and never to be forgotten.
This year's winner of the employee of the year Lizio the main barman in The Caprice Lounge is going to take some beating in the 2011 awards,what a great guy he is.
The list rolls on. Nothing is too much trouble for any member of staff,they all seem to be genuinely and utterly involved in keeping this purring machine running. All the staff, especially Joseph and Louis in the Villa Corinthia restaurant are just wonderful. They both helped my wife every time they saw her even if they were not serving us,they would take her by the arm and lead her to our table and seat her. Mr Raymond Vella the Restaurant Manager led by example and would always enquire if all was well,we saw him clear and relay tables if other members of staff were busy.A truly wonderful example to set especially to the younger members of staff. I know a lot of restaurateurs who could learn a lot from him.
The hotel has many talented people working in it and from a guest's point of view they all seem to be appreciated by their own management. Last year, I had an occasional hello with a member of staff and he was always polite and enquired if everything was ok. This year we found out that this man had got a hidden talent. His name is Ray Pisani "Chief Security Officer" his talent is model making and if anyone has been fortunate enough to have visited the Corinthia Palace during this festive season they will have seen a fantastic model of a village and crib scene in the reception area,Ray planned and personally made it and the detail in it is incredible. The man has a wonderful talent and he is a very nice person and is more than happy to chat with guests.It was a pleasure to have spent some time in his company - thanks Ray.
Now perhaps you can see why I titled this "like a Rolls Royce ".It really is. From top to bottom it purrs luxury and quality . Its main restaurant the Villa Corinthia is an experience on its own and as far as I am aware is the only restaurant in any of Malta's 5 Star hotels that still serve silver service as standard for dinner.
The mechanics of the place run smoothly but this only happens because of all the hard work that has been put in. Rolls Royce say their cars never break down - well the Corinthia Palace doesn't either or doesn't appear to thanks to excellent management and hard workers.
If you want to stay at a quality 5 star hotel and you enjoy the quiet side of life then this is the place to stay.
Best wishes to all the staff. See you in 2011. Gill and Mike Plant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with seekda GmbH, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Lastminute, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton