“lovely workshop of raku”
Review of Connect 2 Gozo

Connect 2 Gozo
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Nadur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hermine's Home Studio is a home, studio and gallery, she opens to the public via appointment.(+356 79617746) You can find jewelery,paintings,sculptures and ceramics. An unforgettable experience is to spend a morning with the artist and to connect to Gozo. With following activities you can feel the spirit and power of the small island: Walks from Gallery to Gallery, Painting with natural pigments, painting with mud or shaping and forming with local clay.
Kontich
“lovely workshop of raku”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

It was my 3th time on Gozo and this time i wanted to do a raku workshop. I have met Hermine already the first time i came to Gozo (3 years ago) and the kindness and warmth of her person made me decide to do a workshop of raku with her in september of this year. And it was just great !! The explanation, the patience , the knowledge of art, her own beautiful selfmade statues, her lovely paintings and jewellery gave myself inspiration to make my own statues. The last evening when the statues had to be baked in her selfmade raku oven was a unforgetable experience!! The light of the oven shining in the darkness and also the light on the statues because of the 1200 degrees oven heat! !Simon her husband made that evening complete with a lovely dinner . Thanks Hermine and hope to see you again in the future.

Visited September 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DAY OF RELAXATION!”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

i took myself and my 3 kids danni 16,leah 14. and alfie 12 it was a great day very freindly and relaxing. while painting mediatation type music was playing and i really was chilled! as the kids were happy i was too,and the best thing was,being in somebody else house,there behaved very well and you don`t have too clean up after yourself!
a lunch was provided and we sat outside in the garden to eat
hermine is a very kind soul and whatever age or sex you will enjoy her company and she will make you feel at home. go on treat yourself!
john xaghra,gozo and beverley, england

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dazzileahalfie
gozo
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice lady, big artistic talent”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The art workshops of Hermine ; more than worth doing!She is a very nice, talented Artist from Vienna who lives /works in Nadur/Gozo.From art walks to raku events ; everytime something different ; fun and quality together .... I will join her next art event again , that 's for sure!
Tanja

Visited May 2012
Ghasri, Malta
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Raku Lesson Brilliance”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Thanks to Hermine Sammut on the island of Gozo for the lovely experience she gave us through her teaching of Raku!

Will definitely do this again!

Visited April 2012
lymington
“Definitely on your list of 'to dos' whilst in Gozo - or a daytrip from Malta”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Regretfully I only had the chance to do a 1 day course with Hermine. I will certainly be back in future years for others. I did a natural pigments course and having been picked up by Hermine at the hotel we went back to her beautiful home (which just makes you want to get out your brushes and creat a masterpiece! it's so inspiring!) and painted, having gone in search of flowers/earth etc to create the natural pigments. Having not picked up a paintbrush in over 15 years my effort was not the best! but the tutoring was great, Hermine was so encouraging and it's given me the motivation to get out my brushes, test out different ways and improve! I'd definitely recommend a visit- a highlight of my stay.

Visited May 2012