Ok, This was the first place that we stayed on our trip to Thailand - Koh Samui, I do not think it is as bad as some people are saying, but I guess it is each to their own.
If your looking for absolutely luxury then I wouldnt stay here, it is very average and a bit dated, but we did not have a problem with that, we stayed in one of the huts, they were a little average as we said but we thought it was great, the decor we think just adds to the Thai look and the experience really.
The staff are absolutely lovely, there is 1 lady who works here and she is soo soo lovely and very helpful, the owner is also a very lovely man who is from Switzerland? I think? not 100% sure, but he is also lovely and friendly.
The pool bar wasnt open because of the time of year we went (October), but that really wasnt a problem for us, as we only spent 1 of the afternoons chilling in the pool, we spent most of the time scooting round on hired mopeds, which you can hire from here, which is really handy, and are oviously very cheap and great to get around.
It is a very standard looking place, but in a way I like that because it looks like you are in Thailand and its very rural and the plants and the Cockrell and chickens etc! its great! I love it. Theres a lovely mountain that it looks up to in the background, the rooms are fine, very large comfy beds! nothing wrong with them at all! the bathroom is sort of outside, we loved this though! you do get a few ants in the bathroom area because of shower gel etc, but make sure when gonig to this island you take lots and lots of insect repellent with you anyway as i got crazy bitten by mozzys the whole holiday, even had to get strong antibiotics and just spray down with the shower head all excess shower gel just a tip really. Rooms do get cleaned and tidied. But all in all a very good time here.
We then went on to more luxury after the first 5 days here. Nothing to complain about I wouldnt say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bamboo Tropical Lounge welcomes you to Samui Island, the splendid tropical islet treasure found in Southern Thailand. We offer world class indigenous Thai-style bungalow accommodation as you explore the magic that the pristine white sandy beaches, overhanging coconut trees and the clear blue waters of the sea, best suited for diving and snorkeling has to offer. The Coconut Island, with its abundance of flourishing corals is a paradise best fit for snorkeling, swimming, and diving exploits. Shopping Spree and Vibrant NightlifeFor your supplies and shopping on your and stay at our cheap bungalows in Koh Samui, there is a wide range of shops, stalls and markets in almost every beach that makes shopping easy, fun and affordable. As the sun sets, casting its rays sharply on the waters of the sea, a relaxing and fun-filled nightlife takes over as bars and discos play their favorite collections of modern musical beats to the exhilaration of the patrons dining and wining. Relaxing lounges open their doors to guests whose main focus for the night is to relax and have a good time, all night long! Affordable Accommodation in Koh SamuiThe Garden Lounge Bungalows are built in classy but characteristic Southern Thai style architectural designs and surrounded by thriving tropical gardens. The environment offers utmost comfort and modern facilities for a comforting and memorable holiday in Samui Island. With professional, competent and hospitable management and staff, your comfort and satisfaction during your stay with us is guaranteed. Our services are customized for each guest and their happiness is our pride and success. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tropical Garden Lounge
- Tropical Garden Lounge Hotel Ko Samui, Thailand