I stayed at The Lotus Terraces, Lotus Beach Pool Villa for 5 days and it's pretty difficult to describe my experience in words because you really need to immerse yourself there to really experience what I can only describe as one of the most relaxing holidays I've ever had in my life. Let me break it down for you:-
1. SERVICE:- I've stayed in a fair share of villas & resorts in my life and I have to say that I really enjoyed the incredibly bespoke & personalized service from all the staff who were all fantastic and extremely hospitable towards our needs(From running out to grab ice cubes for us when we ran out of it TO constantly getting us new towels when we were in the pool or at the beach. We were constantly running around and I'm surprised we never ran out of this).
Also, upon arriving through the entrance you are ALWAYS greeted with a warm smile and sometimes a personalized conversation or two which had a lovely family feel to it, which made me see it more like a 'home away from home' rather than just a villa we were staying in.
✮Highlight for me was the private Thai Chef who made us freshly prepared dishes. Being a MASSIVE Thai food fan, not only was I blown away by how quick he cooked but he was able to work according to everyones food allergies/needs AND whip out one of the best Thai food I have ever had - Flavoursome BUT light and not greasy! I highly recommend the Tom Yum soup.
2. SLEEP QUALITY- Before my trip I had a lot of sleeping problems and it doesn't help that I am an extremely light sleeper either. To say that the beds were JUST comfortable is not enough to describe it because for the first time in ages I never needed to get up in the middle of the night and was able to sleep until the alarm woke me up. THAT for me is simply a sign of a fantastic quality bed.
3. CLEANLINESS - As we were a group of 12 people, we did leave quite a lot of things lying around and I did notice that every few hours when I returned to the Villa everything was always tided up and rearranged again.
Overall housekeeping was very consistent and the rooms were always immaculate.
4. LOCATION - The location was just perfect because it wasn't too far away from downtown and also it wasn't too close to it either. I really wanted somewhere that still had that slight escape feeling yet we weren't in the middle of nowhere so this was a perfect choice.
5. ROOMS - I stayed in the Master Room and staying in the room alone already felt like an escape in itself with the outdoor Bathtub and the massive rainforest shower! I did manage to poke my head into all the other rooms and even though they are all designed differently, the warm & inviting interior remains the same and it wasn't TOO over the top as well. Just simple, spacious and cosy enough for you to feel relaxed and comfortable, so overall the rooms were very smartly designed!
6.SPA - I had a really enjoyable massage experience, was actually surprised you could call for a private masseuse to massage you wherever you want - on one of the outdoor massage tables to a private massage room!
OVERALL: Again, as mentioned in the beginning it is really hard for me to describe everything in words because it is a place you really need to experience for yourself and I also think the photos on the website doesn't do it justice either. I find it very hard to relax in general and The Lotus Terraces made me realize what relaxing was and they definitely gave me the perfect escape I really needed to recharge. On top of that, the extremely bespoke service gave it that extra touch which made it very special for me and it's worth every penny!
✮I would highly recommend the Lotus Terraces to anyone who is looking to destress, escape, relax yet still wanting a slight personalized touch to make your holiday a bit more memorable than just being a holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lotus Samui is a luxury beachfront resort located on Bang Por Beach. The resort has 5 villas ranging from 2 to 5 bedrooms, each with its own private pool and ensuite bathroom. There is also a 25m communal pool located right at the beach. Each villa is fully air-conditioned and has the convenience of all modern amenities including a fully equipped European kitchen, complimentary wireless internet and cable TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Lotus Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Samui Ko Samui, Thailand