“A PERFECT escape from the hustle & bustle!”
Review of Lotus Samui

Lotus Samui
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at The Lotus Terraces, Lotus Beach Pool Villa for 5 days and it's pretty difficult to describe my experience in words because you really need to immerse yourself there to really experience what I can only describe as one of the most relaxing holidays I've ever had in my life. Let me break it down for you:-

1. SERVICE:- I've stayed in a fair share of villas & resorts in my life and I have to say that I really enjoyed the incredibly bespoke & personalized service from all the staff who were all fantastic and extremely hospitable towards our needs(From running out to grab ice cubes for us when we ran out of it TO constantly getting us new towels when we were in the pool or at the beach. We were constantly running around and I'm surprised we never ran out of this).

Also, upon arriving through the entrance you are ALWAYS greeted with a warm smile and sometimes a personalized conversation or two which had a lovely family feel to it, which made me see it more like a 'home away from home' rather than just a villa we were staying in.

✮Highlight for me was the private Thai Chef who made us freshly prepared dishes. Being a MASSIVE Thai food fan, not only was I blown away by how quick he cooked but he was able to work according to everyones food allergies/needs AND whip out one of the best Thai food I have ever had - Flavoursome BUT light and not greasy! I highly recommend the Tom Yum soup.

2. SLEEP QUALITY- Before my trip I had a lot of sleeping problems and it doesn't help that I am an extremely light sleeper either. To say that the beds were JUST comfortable is not enough to describe it because for the first time in ages I never needed to get up in the middle of the night and was able to sleep until the alarm woke me up. THAT for me is simply a sign of a fantastic quality bed.

3. CLEANLINESS - As we were a group of 12 people, we did leave quite a lot of things lying around and I did notice that every few hours when I returned to the Villa everything was always tided up and rearranged again.

Overall housekeeping was very consistent and the rooms were always immaculate.

4. LOCATION - The location was just perfect because it wasn't too far away from downtown and also it wasn't too close to it either. I really wanted somewhere that still had that slight escape feeling yet we weren't in the middle of nowhere so this was a perfect choice.

5. ROOMS - I stayed in the Master Room and staying in the room alone already felt like an escape in itself with the outdoor Bathtub and the massive rainforest shower! I did manage to poke my head into all the other rooms and even though they are all designed differently, the warm & inviting interior remains the same and it wasn't TOO over the top as well. Just simple, spacious and cosy enough for you to feel relaxed and comfortable, so overall the rooms were very smartly designed!

6.SPA - I had a really enjoyable massage experience, was actually surprised you could call for a private masseuse to massage you wherever you want - on one of the outdoor massage tables to a private massage room!

OVERALL: Again, as mentioned in the beginning it is really hard for me to describe everything in words because it is a place you really need to experience for yourself and I also think the photos on the website doesn't do it justice either. I find it very hard to relax in general and The Lotus Terraces made me realize what relaxing was and they definitely gave me the perfect escape I really needed to recharge. On top of that, the extremely bespoke service gave it that extra touch which made it very special for me and it's worth every penny!

✮I would highly recommend the Lotus Terraces to anyone who is looking to destress, escape, relax yet still wanting a slight personalized touch to make your holiday a bit more memorable than just being a holiday!

Room Tip: The villas suits everyones needs from families to couples!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SueSongphaison, Manager at Lotus Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Cherry

We truly appreciate how well you captured the experience of your stay at The Lotus Terraces in your review, thank you! It is gratifying to know that the Lotus Beach Villa facilities and our services had your vote as one of the most relaxing holidays you have ever had. Such positive feedback never fails to motivate us and has been shared with the team. Chef Ton in particular, appreciates your special mention of his culinary skills.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back again!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

This gorgeous, small resort is the ideal place to unwind and enjoy the natural,beauty of Koh Samui. The villas are beautifully appointed, comfortable, cool and quiet and the resort is immaculately maintained and run. The amazing Khun Sue (resort manager) appears every morning to make your every wish come true - from healthy muesli to a hire car or a fabulous Thai massage - making it all seem effortless. And the food... We dined in almost every night as the marvellous Khun Nahm makes the most delicious, fresh Thai food.
There is plenty to do if you want to - kayaking off the reef, playing golf at the nearby Santaburi golf course (very scenic), day trips for snorkelling or visiting the nearby towns and markets. Alternatively, if you just want to unwind by the gorgeous infinity pool right on the beach or lounge in your villa, this is the peaceful spot to do just that.
A wonderful recharge of the batteries and a fabulous introduction to Thailand for us.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SueSongphaison, Manager at Lotus Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Thank you for reviewing the experience of your recent stay with us at The Lotus Terraces. It is gratifying to know that you enjoyed your first experience of Thai hospitality and your holiday with us, including Khun Nam’s culinary skills. Your commendation is motivating for us and has been shared with Khun Nam and the rest of our team. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our week at the Lotus Terraces was simply wonderful! I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. Everything at Lotus is 5 STAR! I've stayed at numerous resorts on Samui and this is by far the best...

If you're looking for a fantastic and romantic place to relax and recharge your batteries on Samui this is the place. On the quiet beach of Bang Po The Lotus Terraces is an oasis away from the hustle and bustle of Chewang. Despite being tucked away it's still close to the more quaint towns of Bohput (Be sure to go to the Friday night walking street), Maenam, and Nathon.

The staff are wonderful, friendly and professional. They magically appear to deliver on your every want! Khun Sue the resort manager is a fabulous resource for recommending and organizing activities (including fire dancers!!) She knows all the best spots to visit so be sure to ask her opinion. If you're staying in the Banyan Villa you're in for a real treat with Khun Nam. She is a fabulous chef and a true delight to be around.

If you want the best Thailand has to offer, look no further.

Thanks for a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Banyan Beach Villa - Fabulous! Best of all Chef Khun Nam - you won't want to eat anywhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth M

Dear Elizabeth

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at The Lotus Terraces. We are delighted you enjoyed the Banyan Beach Villa facilities and our services. Such positive comments are always a pleasure to read and serve as a great source of motivation for us, both K Nam and myself particularly appreciate your kind words.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our week at the Lotus Terraces must be described as a dream come through. This resort is what I have always imagined Paradise to be. Stunning ocean views from the breakfast table every morning, warm seas, beautiful hosts, world class fresh food (prepared for us), and the perfect combinations of activity and relaxation - dependent on how we felt at the time.

The resort is easily accessible from the airport (20 minutes, pick-up had been arranged by the resort and was waiting for us), close to all of the tourist attractions of Samui but far enough removed to allow for complete peace and relaxation. Our days were combinations of strolling through markets, powerboating between the nearby Islands, snorkelling through the local reefs, jet skiing and chilling out by the beach. All of these were arranged by the team at the Villas.

The rooms are beautifully laid out and spacious, yet blend seamlessly together. Massage parlour, infinity pool, sea kayaks, Jacuzzi and gym are just some of the extra amenities on site at the Beach Villa that add to its attractiveness. Khun Ton, Khun Rose and the other team members seem to be able to make anything happen and lend greatly to the charm and prestige of the Villa.

We are already looking forward to our return visit!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LFlannery68

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you had a wonderful holiday, and enjoyed our facilities and services as well as the various activities that Koh Samui can offer. We certainly look forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Lotus Terraces is a boutique resort that has got everything right: right mix of quality, service and price. The beachfront units are palatial and awesome but obviously higher priced. We stayed in one of the 3 smaller units behind, the Gardenia Villa. Accommodation is very good, smart design,comfortable beds and bedroom opens out to a balcony with 2 sun beds. Kitchen is well equipped with all necessary. Kitchen counter for indoor dining or as we preferred, outdoor at the verandah. Overall, cosy and well maintained. Perfect for a couple for a small family.

Villa pool is small but the large resort pool adjacent to the beach made up for it. The pool area is always peaceful and immaculate. Beach is usually quiet except for some occasional strollers - all very serene and just the way we like it! Dont miss the evening sunsets - stunning!

Service is exceptional. The staff are very friendly and completely dedicated to giving the best service and have pride in the resort.

Having read so many raving reviews, we arrived with high expectations. We were not disappointed and will definitely return!

Room Tip: If travelling in a group, book the beachfront units - awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SueSongphaison, Manager at Lotus Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your good review of your recent stay the Gardenia Pool Villa, which has been shared with our team. We are happy that our accommodation, facilities and services met your expectation and you had a good holiday.

We certainly look forward to many more opportunities to welcome you and family again.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My partner in crime and I decided we could both take a week off, with just a couple of weeks notice before departure - Our criteria was somewhere on the beach, in a villa, with it's own pool and jacuzzi - Thailand was our first choice. Thank you google for introducing me to The Lotus Terraces fairly high up the listings. Thanks also to the other contributors to Tripadvisor for helping convince me. As one does, I had emailed a few places at the same time, but pretty much on the first email reply from Jane, it was clear we were heading to Koh Samui and the Lotus Beach Villa. I have to say that from the first contact, all the way through to our departure, we had nothing but the most friendly, helpful and charming assistance from the entire team. I've been to many places on this small planet we live on, and I can honestly say that I think the team here are the best I've had the pleasure of meeting whilst on a vacation. It felt like staying with close family and friends, but of course with plenty of space and quiet times to ourselves.

So, what can I tell you? Lotus terraces is a small boutique collection of 5 villas - 2 right on the beach, 3 just behind. You get your own pool, plus a larger shared pool, and it's all right on the beach. The beach itself is lovely - very quiet, and with a few quiet bars and restaurants within a few meters (but all quiet - no excess noise issues here). There is a coral reef in the sea, which at low tide can be a bit tricky to walk over to swim (great for snorkling though!), but easily solved - there are 4 kayaks, head right 200 meters and there's another gorgeous beach with no reef - even easier swimming.

As for the villa - I had a look around all 5 villas, as I'm very likely to go back soon, with a few friends - Here's the layout - Lotus Villa - 1 master bedroom, plus an annex in a separate building with 4 more suites (bedroom and bathroom). You can rent just the master, or add as many of these suites you want to - I'd put this villa as the best for a couple, and pretty good for up to 10 people. the Banyan Villa is very similar - with 2 master bedrooms in the main villa, plus 3 more suites in a separate annex. These master rooms are therefore a little smaller than the single master in Lotus Beach. But all lovely of course. Everything is great quality.

With the 2 larger villas, your own chef is "included" in the price - and we had the immense pleasure of Chef Ton taking care of us - what a lovely, charming gentlemen, and a great cook of course. Lots of wonderful meals - personalised to our taste and beautifully presented. For food (and drinks) you can either go yourselves (with driver or your own car) to one of the large supermarkets or smaller markets to get the food you want, or you can give shopping lists to the team and they will shop for you - also Chef will go and get what's needed for whatever dish he's preparing too. We did a combination of the above - so your food costs are much at they would be at home really. Be warned, champagne is quite expensive in Thailand ;), but we discovered our hidden talents in making our own cocktails also, which was fun.

The resort manager, Sue is another wonderful member of the team - available whenever we needed anything, wonderfully knowledgable about all things on Koh Samui - and seems able to make anything happen with ease.

For things to do - Nikki's for sunday Brunch is amazing if you like that sort of thing - poolside beds and tables, great food, live music and DJ, with dancers - and wonderful cocktails..

Liam's boat hire place is great - lovely crews - great boats and a fun day.

Drinks on the beach at the W hotel - more great cocktails.

Fishermans village - wonderful place for a stroll in the markets on a Friday night - with great good and lovely bars - special mention to Coco's something-or-other bar and the fire dancers - and apologies to Apple, our driver for keeping you waiting for another 45 minutes whilst we watched. (We did let her know of course).

I've already had a chat with a few friends about having a week there as a larger group, and also had a chat with the family about taking my Mother, 3 sisters, 2 nephews, 1 niece etc.. So I think this place works on all levels, for couples, families, groups of friends etc.

I'm definitely going back - recommend you take a close look too.

Room Tip: There are 5 villas - I think that Lotus Villa is the best for a couple - also good for up to 10 peop...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SueSongphaison, Manager at Lotus Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Andrew

What a wonderful review, thank you so much! We truly appreciate how well you captured the experience of your recent stay at the Lotus Beach Villa and our resort in your comments and suggestions.

I will pass on your commendation to our team. Such a positive review never fails to encourage us to always deliver our best. We are looking forward to welcoming you back with your friends and family.

Meantime, please accept best wishes from all of us.
The Lotus Terraces, Koh Samui

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We are a family of 4 and stayed with our extended family, firstly for a week in the Lotus villa and then The Banyan. The Lotus villa has been designed with every detail taken into consideration, it is stylish and chic, with enough private and communal spaces to make it as sociable or quiet and relaxing as you like. The villa's layout was quite unlike anywhere I have stayed before, seamlessly blending indoor and outdoor space with rooms seeming to float in water (stepping stones to our room). The plants and flowers, sky and beach view feel part of the architecture - for example in the bathroom - large white pebbles in the shower, banana trees outside the window. The master bedroom took it one step further with an outdoor bath. I don't think this comes across in the website.

I enjoyed massages most days (at a reasonable price), my children played table tennis when they weren't swimming in the choice of pools or the sea. We hired a babysitter to watch over them for a few hours on a few of the days and take them out of the sun which worked well. The sitting rooms had big screen TVs and the bedrooms were well equipped. We took a couple of trips: to ride elephants (the children adored), drink cocktails at the hip 'W' hotel and to Kohpangan.

However, we were perfectly happy in the setting of the Lotus Villas so had no real desire to go anywhere, the beach was quiet and we could enjoy private dining all together in the evenings.
For us, it was a real luxury to be quietly taken care of and given the space to relax and enjoy such a beautiful setting. We look forward to returning when we can.

Room Tip: Depending on budget, the master bedrooms are special with huge bathrooms. The upstairs room in the B...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
SueSongphaison, Manager at Lotus Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your stay with us. I am sure many reading your review will find your observations and impression of the Lotus Villa and our resort very helpful. Much appreciate the photos too!

Your good review has been shared with our team, and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming your family and you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Nam
Banyan Tree Samui
#3 of 51 in Lamai Beach
SENSIMAR Koh Samui Resort and Spa
Miskawaan Luxury Beachfront Villas

Been to Lotus Samui? Share your experiences!