We spent two nignts there from 23/01-25/01. I'll really love and recommend this hotel to others if there's no that accident happened during our stays. I'll describe below.
Amazing pool sitting area, really impresive. Lovely and mordern room. Plunge pool is swimmable.
We were feeling very good when arrived at the hotel, and just wanted to hang out and walk around the hotel. At the time when i wanted to close the door, my little girl pinched her fingure at the door. She was only 3 years old, standing at the backside of me, the door was quite heavy i even didn't realize when her fingure was between the door and the wall. It was hurted really badly and terrible, one fingure and nail was broken with bleeding, I scared and called 0 for the first aid. Staff came in 10-15 minutes, gave simple clean and bing up, advised that will come again next morning. My girl was keepping crying and finally went to asleep. We were so worried about whether the wound will be infectted. Of course, she could not swim from that time which she was expecting to. It has to be prevented from water.
Then it went to the next day, we were waiting for someone to call at or ask about the wound, but no body. We then went to the lobby and found the staff for assistance, they had no idea about this and just provided us iodine and blaster, we handled it ourselves. For the following time, we went to the drug store and bourght necessary things, and made clean/bind up all ourselves. During our stay, nobody cared about this and asked about this again. Only one staff at the front door asked what happed to her fingure when seeing it was binded.
Okey, this unexpected accident happened mainly due to ourselves, but why not the hotel and staff concerning it a little more? We had high expectations with W, just wanted to feel about that we were import, or even feel warm at the place which was not our home. Our holiday were destructed from then on, it is a so beautiful island, full of water, but the kid couldn't touch the water...what a pity!
Now,the fingure is still not recoverd. The whole old nail is going to drop, and new nail is still growing.
Anyway, it is a cool hotel. I still like it, and if can improve the service and such aspects, i will be definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Koh Samui Thailand's most pristine beach whose golden sands give way to the Island's most idyllic sunsets, W Retreat Koh Samui is the quintessential escape, with 74 private retreats - each with its own dive pool. Explore new levels of refreshment at AWAY(R) spa, and enjoy insider access to worlds of culinary WOW at our 2 signature restaurants. Then wink your way across Samui's most scenic playground - WOOBAR(R) - where W lights up the night with peerless mixology, live DJs, and signature W Happenings celebrating our passion for fashion, music and design. Whether for a wedding or a wish, Whatever/Whenever(R) has arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your W Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- W Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand