i spent a wonderful week at this resort, i've stayed in some wonderful hotels around the world but this would have to be one of the best five star hotel I've stayed in recently.
We were picked up in a luxurious Mercedes at the airport and within 15 minutes arrived at the luxurious W Retreat located in Mae Nam. As the pictures reflect it is truly amazing and the sheer beauty is inexpressible until you physically see it in person. Check in was extremely prompt and it was lovely gesture of the General Manager Nick to introduce himself to us.
Hotel Room: We booked the jungle room based on reading previous reviews stating the Ocean View Escape rooms are not as 'private'. Room had a comfy bed with large lcd tv ( tho we borrowed some dvd's and found we couldn't adjust the tv setting and viewing the movies was extremely dark on the screen). Outdoor show which i didn't get an opportunity to use, indoor shower and a luxurious bathtub with a flat tv to view.
Private pool was exceptionally big, a 10m x 2m pool substantial enough to do laps.
Wifi connection was choppy throughout our stay
Sweet Treats: always looked forward coming back to the hotel to see what goodies would be left for us!
Room Service: Wish there was more of a selection ( i'm just a tad greedy) but the local Thai dishes we ordered was yummy.
Sweet Spots: All you can eat ice cream and drinks! - what more do i say?..I'm still trying to work off all the ice cream I've eaten.
Restaurant: The Kitchen Table serves an amazing range of breakfast. From the fresh juices to the freshly cooked pancakes I was in heaven every morning.
Namu: We have NOBU back at home and i can honestly say this is on par if not better in some ways. Dined here for two nights and was delicious both occasions, soft shell tempura roll is a must try for anyone dining here.
Spa: Wish i had more spa treatments here, unfortunately i was only able to get a booking the day before i was departing. Got the Well Travelled massage and i nearly fell asleep - that's how good it was.
Woobar: Didn't have a drink here but it was truly spectacular at night with the resident dj spinning great tunes every night
Location: Tucked away from the bustle part of town, hotel offers a shuttle to Chaweng and Fisherman's Village daily.
Thank you for such a great week and a stay which will be hard to beat. We can't wait to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Koh Samui Thailand's most pristine beach whose golden sands give way to the Island's most idyllic sunsets, W Retreat Koh Samui is the quintessential escape, with 74 private retreats - each with its own dive pool. Explore new levels of refreshment at AWAY(R) spa, and enjoy insider access to worlds of culinary WOW at our 2 signature restaurants. Then wink your way across Samui's most scenic playground - WOOBAR(R) - where W lights up the night with peerless mixology, live DJs, and signature W Happenings celebrating our passion for fashion, music and design. Whether for a wedding or a wish, Whatever/Whenever(R) has arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Retreat Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- W Retreat Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand