We were immediately WOWed upon arrival at the retreat and left speechless for few seconds and realized we made the right choice. The lobby offers breathtaking panoramic view of the sea and horizon. Its natural for every guest (including us) upon arrival to immediately take out their cameras for some quick stunning shots. This is just the beginning of great WOW experience.
We were presented with welcome drink and refreshing towels during check-in and were introduced to the retreat main area (lobby, WOW bar, restaurant, etc) and then taken to our Ocean View Escape villa by buggy. The check-in officer did a quick intro to the villa and left. Check-in was quick and smooth. The view from the villa is great and we spent some time taking indoor and outdoor photos.
The villa comes with comfortable king-sized bed (with featherbed) together with 2 large down pillows and 2 large polyester pillows. The bed is just right not too soft and not too firm. Sheets are clean and silky smooth for good rest. A little dissapointed as the quilt is not made of down which could add more luxury and comfort. The red bear with a black silk tie on the bed is a nice touch. The retreat has turndown service which get all your curtains closed and glow with romantic red twilight which could set you into the mood. To our surprise, the red bear on the bed is now fitted with a black silk dress. Nice touch.
Our villa has 2 rain showers, indoor and outdoor. Both have similar amenities by Bliss. You get the nice Sinkside Six by Bliss (lemon soap, facial wash, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion). What's best is the large bathtub and we get to enjoy the nice view while soaking. Oops you can have 2 curtains to cover and it is up to you.
The outdoor area is equipped with lap infinity pool, large king-sized day bed, a small table for 2, 2 sundecks, and 2 outdoor towels. The floor is covered by artificial grass and nice to step on.
Many couples will definitely get intimate in the villa with some ice-creams and orange juices from the sweet spot. The Sweet spot is great addition to the villa where you get to self-serve free flow of Häagen Dazs, Magnum, Cornetto, Minute Maid orange juice, Coke, mineral water. Don't just enjoy the villa, we suggest you take some time to get around the retreat. The best is the WOW bar at the lobby which offers breathtaking view while enjoying some refreshments. Be there early if you want to get a place to chill on the sunken sofa and enjoy the sunset with some energetic mix from the cool DJ. This place is hugely popular from 5 plus to late and was very happening. The nite view is absolutely great and prepare to take some great shots. Also, be sure to venture down futher to the beach where the Namu Japanese restaurant and Sip bar (chic-styled) are located. You can get a buggy down there or slow stroll down.
Breakfast was good and what we like best was the freshly made bottled juices in the fridge. Overall the food is tasty but could have done better with more buffet selections. There were good selections of pastries and cereals though.
Service was good and buggy arrived within minutes and I don't have anything to fault them in the service department. The staff will greet us whenever they met us. We met Nick, general manager of the retreat and he is a friendly guy.
We truly enjoyed our stay and got WOW! This is a few places that earn our privilege badge of we shall be back. Highly recommended for honeymooners or couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Koh Samui Thailand's most pristine beach whose golden sands give way to the Island's most idyllic sunsets, W Retreat Koh Samui is the quintessential escape, with 74 private retreats - each with its own dive pool. Explore new levels of refreshment at AWAY(R) spa, and enjoy insider access to worlds of culinary WOW at our 2 signature restaurants. Then wink your way across Samui's most scenic playground - WOOBAR(R) - where W lights up the night with peerless mixology, live DJs, and signature W Happenings celebrating our passion for fashion, music and design. Whether for a wedding or a wish, Whatever/Whenever(R) has arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Starwood APAC, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Retreat Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- W Retreat Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand