W Koh Samui is an amazingly well designed property. You pinch yourself at how well thought out the choice of views, materials and fixtures are. It as delight to the eyes to appreciate the attention to detail in the public spaces and each of the villas.
The service and friendliness is top notch. Everything is thought out, from chilled juice and cold towels upon arrival, to stocking your room with an array of coffees, beverages and snacks.
If you are familiar with other W hotels, this is not a property where there is a lot of lively action. In fact, it is quite the opposite. The great open places do gather small groups for sunset viewing and the like, but it is not a place for large and wild partying. That is why it's called a 'retreat'.
The food and drink prices tend to be exhorbitant - paradise does have a price.
Traditional Thai dishes in The Kitchen restaurant were very good. We could not, however, bring ourselves to partake in the THB15,000 ($500) "romantic dinner" on the beach, which also did not include wine.
1. Don't expect to meet or talk with any of the other guests. It's a 'retreat', so everyone is into themselves.
2. Lots of Russians and younger Asians choose the W; not many Americans.
3. Surprised to see a number of people with small children/infants. Not what you typically associate with W brand. Most were well behaved but not all of them... (parents letting kids scream and leave trash on the beach).
We will definitely go back to enjoy this very relaxing retreat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Koh Samui Thailand's most pristine beach whose golden sands give way to the Island's most idyllic sunsets, W Retreat Koh Samui is the quintessential escape, with 74 private retreats - each with its own dive pool. Explore new levels of refreshment at AWAY(R) spa, and enjoy insider access to worlds of culinary WOW at our 2 signature restaurants. Then wink your way across Samui's most scenic playground - WOOBAR(R) - where W lights up the night with peerless mixology, live DJs, and signature W Happenings celebrating our passion for fashion, music and design. Whether for a wedding or a wish, Whatever/Whenever(R) has arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your W Retreat Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- W Retreat Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand