Like our last long trip, my wife and I saved the W Retreat for the end, after we did our touring, elephant trekking, temple seeing, market observing adventures. The only reason Koh Samui will rank below the W Maldives, is because a small atoll in the Indian Ocean, in an over the water hut is almost impossible to top...but what Koh Samui has that others do not is Robert, Director of Food and Beverage. After checking in and then going to the beach for a bite, we were fortunate to meet Robert within our first hour. He saw us, introduced himself and within 5 minutes is drawing us a perfect map on scrap paper of some great areas, what they offered, where to eat (best banana pancake stand), where to grab a drink. Of course he explained all the great offering of the resort itself (of which we tried every one multiple times). It did not end there. It seemed every day, we bumped in to Robert in a different part of the hotel, checking up on us and how everything was. But it was not just us. You saw him talking to all the guests in the most un-intrusive way. You would have thought he owned the resort, with the passion he had for the guests, hotel, and the true meaning of WhateverWhenver. I also have to mention our server Jean who it seemed never left the Kitchen Table restaurant. He to took the WhateverWhenver motto and helped translate it to the most memorable time. I could write about how amazing the Spa was, how amazing the food was, how amazing the cocktails were, how beautiful the room with the plunge pool and hammock in the sand was, but in the end my wife and I felt as though we were leaving a long time friend, with Robert waving us off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Koh Samui Thailand's most pristine beach whose golden sands give way to the Island's most idyllic sunsets, W Retreat Koh Samui is the quintessential escape, with 74 private retreats - each with its own dive pool. Explore new levels of refreshment at AWAY(R) spa, and enjoy insider access to worlds of culinary WOW at our 2 signature restaurants. Then wink your way across Samui's most scenic playground - WOOBAR(R) - where W lights up the night with peerless mixology, live DJs, and signature W Happenings celebrating our passion for fashion, music and design. Whether for a wedding or a wish, Whatever/Whenever(R) has arrived. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Starwood APAC, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your W Retreat Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat Koh Samui Hotel Mae Nam
- W Retreat Koh Samui Ko Samui, Thailand