Mimosa Resort & Spa
W Koh Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$823
Belmond Napasai(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$325
Fair House Villas & Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$120
Hacienda Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$34
Official Site
Kirikayan Luxury Pool Villas & Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$67
Code(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$102
Trip.com
Coco Palm Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$40
Agoda.com
Santiburi Koh Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$395
Paradise Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$80
TripAdvisor
Samui Buri Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$112
TripAdvisor
All reviewscha chadeluxe jacuzzioutdoor jacuzzikoh samuifree kayakingour honeymoonthe main roadkids roomthe main areassmall poolgreat facilitiesquiet beachstayed here for a weekrestaurant staffmosquito netrooms are nicerent a scooter
Reviewed 14 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I had high hopes for this place, the pictures looked nice and the reviews were pretty good - it did not live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong - it was okay...but I think for the price I could have found better ($20USD more per night could have went a long way).

First the good things: the place was clean, absolutely no issues there. The staff were very helpful and things got done quickly. It was out of the way and quiet, which is what we wanted as we aren't into the party scene, but still accessible if you rented a motorbike. The wifi worked without issues and the AC in the room was great - it wasn't working to it's fullest on the first night and they came to fix it the very next morning.

Here's what I found disappointing: we were charged 600baht for the airport pickup, which seems to be pretty standard for the island but still expensive in my mind. The resort over-charged for everything! The spa treatments were more money than any of the places up the road, the cost to rent a motorbike was higher, the food and drink at the restaurant was higher, and the staff (while helpful), didn't seem to know much about the area when asked for directions or restaurant recommendations. The buffet breakfast was included and it was the same each day - the coffee was really bad (and the first cup every morning was lukewarm at best). We rented a motorbike, ate a few meals and used the taxi service offered at Mama Moon up the road - everything there was fabulous!

Also - on our 3rd day a huge group arrived with a bunch of pre-teen kids who pretty much took over the resort. The kids hung out in the pool, splashing each other (and anyone else in the way), ran by spraying water on you and whipped a volleyball around, hitting anything in it's path. No idea where their parents were during this but they should be embarrassed. Lucky for us, the room of kids was put directly above us. They continued like this until at least 1am, our room was practically shaking, until I called the front desk. The next night, they threw wet towels and bathing suits off of their balcony onto the path below, and ran the halls. I've never seen anything like this before. Anyhow, no fault of the hotel at all - just made me realize that I should make sure that we book "adults only" from now on...and this resort might not be as quiet and out of the way as you hope.

Room Tip: We stayed in the jasmine room with the outdoor shower - it was nice! I believe these are only on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Lovely rooms, beach, pool and garden area. This hotel has very friendly staff. The location cannot be moaned about as it is directly on the beach front. A few reviews have suggested that it is the middle of nowhere however we would disagree. Although not close to the main town the hotel provides a shuttle bus service to the 3 main towns. Although you would need to pay for a return the furtherest town chaweng is only about £6 in a taxi.

***An added review of Mama moons restaurant*** Mama moons restaurant is a short walk away from the hotel. It does delicious thai food with massive portions for a very reasonable price. Not only this the owners are very friendly and accommodating. We ate here most days whilst staying at minosa because it was
fantastic. They really need their own review page!!!!! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Leeline
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a great little place ,you can get around the island in a couple of hours and there is always something interesting to see. the hotel is right on the water and the beach is not as crowded as they are down in Chaweng one thing to remember is if you want to go riding driving ya better have a international licence.Food everywhere. The only thing that surprised me was when I went out to the toilet at the rear of the place where we were eating just down the road from the hotel I found one of the waiters washing the plates down with a hose in the toilet I hope they didn't do that every where and we never got sick anyhow.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bantam414
Reviewed 14 July 2013

we loved our stay at mimosa the lovely staff made us feel welcome. This place is so relaxing and friendly and if there not quite sure they know what your after they go out of there way to work it out. Also they have the best/nicest waiter in the world called Coo he is the happiest, friendliest waiter that puts a smile on everyone's face. we had a big group at mimosa and Coo went above and beyond for all of us and everyone misses him!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple