“Relaxing place for couples”

Mimosa Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Turku, Finland
“Relaxing place for couples”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Rooms were clean and spacious. We loved the jaguzzi on the balcony and enjoyed it multiple times. The resort is a bit far from the night time action, but that's no problem and also for many it might be the reason to choose this one. You can rent a scooter, take a taxi or the hotels shuttle bus to get to the markets and night life. The resort doesn't have enough scooters for all and sometimes even when you book one you might get left without it when someone else decides to keep theirs for a second day. The beach is nice and peaceful with smooth sand. It doesn't get very deep in the water, so for snorkeling there isn't much to see. Breakfast was great and easy and the restaurant is right on the beach so it's beautiful. Staff was really friendly and lovely. The biggest dissapointment was the gym, which was a joke. There's one of those do it all with this machines, which had it's wires so lose, that nothing could be done with it. But all together, lovely place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Where do I begin… this hotel was such a pleasant surprise!

Location: Right on the beach, tucked back from the main road and it felt totally secluded! Beach was not huge (none really are), but beautiful and clean. We walked down the beach and found a great little massage shack (cheap and great!). We rented scooters (reasonable price) and were able to easily navigate our way around the island. Hotel is a short scooter ride away from lots of great restaurants... A couple were walking distance, but we didn't go to any of them.

Service: Great- everyone was very sweet and attentive, especially the staff in the restaurant! We stayed over the holiday season and woke up on Christmas morning with a cute teddy bear on our door wishing us a Merry Christmas… cute keepsake!

Rooms: We booked the Jasmine Package and stayed in the room with the private outdoor jacuzzi tub (LOVE! perfect way to unwind after a day of exploring). The outdoor area of the room was very private and we felt more than comfortable leaving our door open at night for a breeze. The decor was very modern and minimal. The bathroom and shower were spacious.

Food: The breakfast included in our package was delicious. There was a good mix of traditional and western breakfast foods, as well as an egg station where you could get omelets made to order. One night we splurged on the fresh seafood dinner (you have to order the fish 24 hours in advance) and were so impressed at how amazing everything was. Definitely recommend this! Drinks were tasty and strong-- i went with the Mojito over and over again!

Spa: Beautiful and relaxing! The only negative thing I have to add to this review is that the massage was just so-so. I've had better Thai massages in LA and ended up getting many better ones throughout the remainder of our stay (for a fraction of the price). Ours was included in our package, but I wouldn't spend the 1000 THB on it. Other places were much better for between 200-500 THB.

Room Tip: We were in Room 001. Very secluded and quiet outdoor area. Jacuzzi tub was our favorite part!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jess R
Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I went to Koh Samui July of 2013 and stayed in Mimosa Resort and Spa for a week. We stayed in Jasmine - Jacuzzi Senior Deluxe (48 sqm.) room. The hotel is cozy, quiet,clean, relaxing and calm. It's a paradise! The staff are very helpful in any kind. This hotel has a great customer service. Everyday the hotel staff cleans the hotel room after you leave for tour or somewhere so when you get back it's nice and fresh again. What i love about this hotel is that it has a workout gym and playroom for kids and you can use their bicycles for free. The kids could also use their "beach toys" like Sandbox tools, life buoy, volleyball and more for free. No need to bring a bath towel because they a lot of towels inside the hotel room and they also have bath towels for swimming which you can ask for it near the swimming pool area. They have two bath robes, two slippers, hanger, scented candles (bathroom), Hot and cold Panasonic hair dryer, a big shoulder bag, umbrella and you can use all these things for free. I even regret bringing a lot of things when Mimosa hotel has it all LOL. The staff can help you book your tour. The food is good. I love the jacuzzi, its perfect for couples while watching a movie.
My problem that time was the hotel is far from Chaweng,it's the downtown area where the nicest beach and restaurants like McDonalds, burger king and a lot more are located. You can use taxi to get there for 600baht one way or rent a motorcycle for 200baht. Mimosa is a beach front hotel however the beach is not that good although its clean and has a nice view but its has a lot stones. Chaweng has the best beach, no stones,all sand but everything else is great!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosaliecious
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've been there on November for a surprise propose trip to my girlfriend. The manager and staff are helpful and friendly to setup everything for me. The environment was peaceful and out of noisy (even though not easy to walk/drive some short distance to go to supermarket). It's not a happening place as Chaweng but if you intend to relax there, then this will be your ideal choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hotel

Well maintained, clean, exotic environment with lots of plants and trees. Small 'gym' and relaxing communal area with seating, hammock, and plug-ins for your devices. The hotel is on the beach and feels very private. Switch between the small outdoor pool and ocean as you please. Free kayaks and snorkel gear for guests. Or grab a free hotel bicycle and explore the local (small) area. (Walking there is far). The restaurant is outdoors near the pool and you will can enjoy the food ocean side with a beautiful view. There is a non-hotel beach side massage for 300-500 baht/hr.

Breakfast is buffet style, probably a bit less complete than other hotels we've stayed at in Thailand, but good and plenty. Dinner includes an affordable menu with satisfying/tasty food, but no bragging rights (based on two dishes). There are mom-and-pop restaurants down the road a bit that are cheaper if you prefer. i.e. Mama Moons.

Staff

Friendly as expected. English is limited, so the more complicated your request, the less likely it will be understood. Demanding/needy visitors will become frustrated.

The room

We stayed in room 102. The entrance to our quarters had a wooden gate which doesn't require a key, but only provides access to your 'front yard' which is where the outdoor hot tub is situated. Walls are high so you have privacy, but still outdoors (conversations in the hot tub will be heard). Wooden deck floor, lots of plants and intimate lighting....the word zen comes to mind.

Enter the spacious room via a glass door with key lock. Everything is made of smooth cement/stucco with the bed centered and elevated on a ~1ft slab of concrete. Sounds a bit strange, but its quite nice and unique, like a loft. The room is very clean and decorated contemporary in whites/tans. Reminded me of Santorini in Greece. Air conditioned, with TV, fridge, free wifi, etc.

Enter the spacious bathroom with sliding glass (privacy) doors, his-and-her sinks, armoire, room for break dancing, or 3-4 women getting ready.

Enter the spacious outdoor shower via a glass door. This is more of a 'shower area' than a typical shower as it's also outdoors, raised walls and roof covering of course, but outdoors none the less. The shower is centered with plants one each side. The shower space can easily fit 3-4 and the large rain showerhead accommodates 1.5 adults simultaneously, or two if you embrace each other. Bom chicka wow wow.

Overall

Very quiet with private beach. Property is very spacious, calm, and clean. This is a great place for couples or people who want to get away and don't need to be near city or attractions. Not close to food or stores or people for that matter. But we liked that part. You don't have to leave the hotel grounds at all. Recommended length of stay - 3 nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lesninjas
Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have booked this resort on October for December holiday, based only on reviews that I have read here.
I must admit reality so far away from how this resort been described.
One hour after my check in I have found myself calling local travel agent, begging for help to find me new hotel.

Right from the start, on the way from Samui airport to the hotel (arrived at 21:00) I had a bad feeling with the resort, it is located 15km from Chaweng (main night life) which was OK because I wanted relaxed and quiet holiday but not so isolated…

we drove on dark bumpy road that lead to the resort, yes the resort located very close to the beach however nothing like supermarket near the resort (or light road around)
I couldn't imagine myself walking in pitch black for any supermarket or any other restaurant after dark.

The check-in was very smooth and the stuff were super friendly like all Thai people.

Then we went to the room… I'm traveling very often but nothing could prepare me to what I'm about to see, the room made of 100% concrete which easily reminded me prison movies (mattress lay on concrete base), the shower covered with mold on the concrete and terrible smell and very small light. I was in such panic that this is the room I need to stay on 5 nights so I didn't took pictures, but you can find them easily in travelers photos. They claim to have Jacuzzi in the room, well there is one at the porch but I'm in a big doubt if it ever been used due to the amount of dirt that was covered on it,

bottom line: the maintenance level was like any guest house that you can find for 15 Euros and the worst I ever seen in the world!!!

The hallways to the rooms was with so many lizards including huge ones so close to you that I felled like I'm in National Geographic 4D tour.

The stuff showed me another 2 rooms that was exactly the same so in that point as I wrote earlier I found myself calling traveler agent that hooked me with hotel in Chaweng

I would never booked this hotel If I would read this kind of review, no matter what kind of beach they have and how friendly the stuff are

Be careful with your expatiations !!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gil T
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

If it's your first time to Asia then this is amazing. If it's not then don't come..very disappointing.

Accommodation - clean and spacious rooms.
TV - limited choice of international channels.
Wifi - excellent across whole resort.
Location - Remote and 40 mins from Chaweng and 25 from Bophut.
Staff - sweet but absolutely clueless.
Local Area - nothing to do at all
Beach - Choppy water and beach only at LOW TIDE ONLY
Pool - Nice
Gala New Year Dinner - THB 4000 per head was just terrible
Food - AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL the worst I have experienced in 13 years coming to Thailand.

This place has potential but needs help....

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 30 in Mae Nam
Fair House Villas & Spa
Fair House Villas & Spa
#10 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to Mimosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!