“Great but not the greatest”

Infinity Residences & Resort Koh Samui
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Melbourne, Australia
“Great but not the greatest”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The place itself is great. Nice view and very spacious. We booked traditional room, got told we got upgraded, but I know we didn't. We got put into the classic suite room, with only one bedroom instead of what we originally booked - two rooms. That's ok. We didn't really need two rooms. Somehow wished they have not made the pretty lie, but let me just get this straight, These people are very kind, although not at all super professional, but I can see they genuinely cared about their clients and would like them to be happy during their stay.

The hotel provides free transport to take you up and down of the steep hill. the STEED hill. it's very steed and trust me, I don't think anyone would attempt to walk that 1km stretch of long hill. Make sure you ask for the phone when you check-in. the phone is for calling the hotel when you need a pick up from the bottom of the hill.

I however would suggest them, since Bang Po (where the resort is) is somewhat out of town from Fisherman Village/Chaweng, etc. It would be quite nice if they could organise a shuttle bus that sends everyone to and back from certain places. (for example, book before 2pm if you would like to go to Chaweng tonight. The shuttle leaves at 5pm, drop you off at central festival, then at 9pm, the shuttle bus will come pick you up from the same spot. The cost would be 200 bahts per head, with 2 people minimum per booking, etc) a small shuttle car fits about 6-8 people in it. They would be able to make a profit out of it at the same time, it would make the clients very happy with it! Just my two cents. :)

Breakfast - it was almost the same everyday. It's a bit boring, but it does the job.

Dinner - we have tried the western cuisine at the hotel - not the best, it was average, almost almost below average, I personally would not order again. However, the Thai cuisine, you all have to try it. They have got great Tom Yam Goong, Green curry just to name a few. They. Are. Amazingly. DELICIOUS! SO GOOD!

We lost an item in the bathroom where we left it next to the sink, they never found it, I wasn't happy, but the front desk manager AUM - she was very apologetic. I think maybe the housekeeper accidentally broke it while cleaning, I dont think they stole it...

One more thing to mention, during our stay, the only thing we would pick on, would be there is another short hair lady who works at the front desk along side with Aum. That short hair lady, when we were checking in, she didn't make us feel welcomed, she didn't greet and smile. Rather she appeared rude and un-polite. There was no 'please' or 'thank you'. Just a emotion-less face. 'sign here and there' without even looking at us.

When we were checking out, we inquired about the check out bill, rather than explaining it, she just whipped out the invoice that we have signed and walked away.

If that lady was not working there or we didn't have to deal with here, the whole stay would be rather amazing. Her, in my opinion, requires some hospitality training. As a front desk manager, or front desk staff, she needs to be like Aum - who makes everyone felt very accommodated and warm. Thank you Aum and the other guys who have been driving us up and down. Also the people who works at the restaurant. You guys are amazing! Spa was also amazing.

This Asian looking guy who wears blue shirts at the restaurant all the time, he makes the best coffee and best Pina Colada - Make sure you get him to make you the drinks!!

If only you guys have the fitness centre! Hopefully you guys are building one!

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the same level of the restaurant, unless you like people seeing you at the pool o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Firstly I will say the Infinity resort is excellent however I would never use Our Deal again to book accommodation. Our Deal was doing a promotion for $1,399 for 7 nights which you could use anytime over the next year. Unsure when I planned to go to Koh Samui I paid for this in advance and went to nominate dates in April which according to Wotif and Hotels combined had plenty of availability but when I made the request apparently there was nothing available to around August.....after a few emails back and forward apparently a cancellation came us in April, which meant additional costs in changes of flights and an extra nights accommodation.

Our Deal provide little back up and support once they have your money....I'm not sure if you even speak to a real person as they only be contacted by email and only use a single name....for a while there I thought I had blown my money and had given it up as a scam such was the difficulty in getting accommodation.

Anyway long story short do not book anything through Our Deal....I would never again!!!!

Now to the apartment....In a word "spectacular" in another word "huge" It well exceeded my expectations as it is very well fitted out, very roomy and spacious and has spectacular views. It has a sizable pool with the only downside you have your neighbours swimming right out in front of you.

Breakfast is great with spectacular views of the sea.

Those views come at a price in the form of a steep hill which you would never walk....I hired a scooter so that solves that problem. Having your own transport is a necessity as the resort is pretty isolated and it probably is 20 to 25ks to where the main action is.

In short I would highly recommend Infinity for the luxury it offers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Devonport Tasmania
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I are just leaving this wonderful resort....and, we don't really want to, ..it's that good! awesome accommodation, friendly smiling staff, views to die for,....so, if you are the type of person who wants to spread out, relax, and just chill out, this place is a must!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubbba
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We bought a deal with Luxury Escapes and we're not disappointed. The hill is a bit of a pain, but the staff here are fantastic at whipping you up and down at a moments notice. We hired the hotels car to get provisions from the Tesco supermarket in Chaweng and did some of our own tiki touring - it was that easy! Food in hotel is great and reasonable but most of all, it's quiet. No kids screaming in rooms next door, plunge pool perfect, service fantastic, and after a day in the bustling towns it's nice to come back to the quiet. Car hire cheap 1,500 B a day, food on average 200-350 B. Very private and great for Tweens who need a day just relaxing. Really good beds which we find is important.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nicole r
Adelaide
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We both had the most amazing time at this stylish resort. Every vista from every part of the resort pleased, soothed and amazed the senses. The surrounds of infinity pools and stunningly balanced geometric architecture along with the natural beauty of the island views was breathtaking....with every breath. Easy to relax n get chauffeured to the beach. Easy to hire a car & explore. Easy to just stay put and enjoy the amazing ambience and food and awesome service. Staff are gorgeous.....they really aim to please....always have a ready smile and improve their English and a host of other languages! If you only want the best....this is it!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom apartments 'down' the hill are really amazing, very private with heaps of room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarzinMojo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here in September 2012. I emailed the resort directly who put together a honeymoon package for us. We were greeted with a beautiful bouquet, delicious cake, and champagne. The resort itself was absolutely stunning, the staff are so accomodating and provided us with a mobile in which they would call us to make sure we were ok, and was never a problem to pick us up from 7 eleven. Included in our package was a dinner which was one of the most amazing meals ive ever had. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend the resort.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deena P
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

As per previous reviews, the rooms are beautiful, the views spectacular. The only restaurant is quite expensive, and, on an island famous for spas, the room converted to a massage room, falls well short of the mark.
The effort it takes, and the costs involved, make it a real pain to enjoy the great things samui has on offer. I also spent 5 nights at a resort near fishermans village, and would go back there in a heartbeat!
I loved being able to wander the shops, restaurants and sample many day spas.
Infinity should offer courtesy coaches to take guests to bophut, chaweng, lamai- would go a long way in overcoming the negatives of the remote location.

Room Tip: Be as close to restaurant as possible- long steep walk.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
#7 of 30 in Mae Nam
Code
Code
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam
Sensimar Koh Samui (Adults Only Resort)

Been to Infinity Residences & Resort Koh Samui? Share your experiences!