“Luxury and Relaxation”

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Seattle, Washington
“Luxury and Relaxation”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I spent a wonderful and relaxing week at Code back in February. Georgina and the rest of the staff really went above and beyond to make our trip as memorable as possible. From planning a day of golf at the country club to helping us map our bike tour around the island and pick great restaurants, we were always well taken care of. The rooms are a clean, modern look and we found ours to be very comfortable. The food was excellent and fairly priced. The location could be viewed either as a downside or an upside depending on what you're looking for. If you're looking to be right in the thick of tourist activities and craziness (i.e. Chaweng Beach), this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a place to unwind and relax without being overwhelmed by others, this is the perfect location for you! I know that my wife and I will be back!

Room Tip: I'd recommend the higher floors, quieter and better views!
Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Josh,

Great to hear from you! Thank you for your kind words about Code. All the teams go out their way to make sure all guest have the very best experience!
Santiburi golf course is under 15 minutes away from Code, we have many avid golfers come to Code to play on the award winning course! So pleased you had a great time playing whilst your wife enjoyed the spa!
Your review will prove very helpful for Tripadvidsor readers, so thanks once again.
With very best wishes.
Georgina Brian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family and agree 100% with the other reviews. The hotel is very nice, beautiful views and pleasant atmosphere. The staff has always a smile in their face and Georgina and Joe were always very helpful. It was a lovely stay and a great place to relax and feel great.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank L N
Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hi there,

It was a pleasure having your lovely family stay with us. The boys loved the pool table, playing each day!

The two bedroom suite you stayed in worked perfectly for you! The boys had their own room to watch dvd’s in the evening whilst you and your wife relaxed on the terrace.

Thank you for your review, I will pass all your comments onto my staff!

We hope to see you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Code Hotel Samui. Having travelled world wide & stayed in many 5 star hotels, I was truly impressed by this beautiful hotel. Not only is it stunning to look at , the service was second to none. The staff were so attentive I was beginning to think they'd confused me with someone else. Every aspect of the hotel from the dining experience to the luxury bedrooms, were delivered in a 1st class way. I particularly noticed how well the hotel was run by the General Manager Georgina. Nothing was too much trouble for her and her team. I am returning to Samui later in the year and will definately be booking in advance.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor and the views were stunning.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I recently visited the Code hotel. What a fab place, The whole experience was a joy. The food was excellent, particularly the breakfast, fresh bread, omelettes to order, such choice. From our stunning balcony we had a beautiful view down over the coconut trees looking onto the sea with the island Ko Phangan in the distant. Our room was luxurious, a 5 star boutique room, spacious, and fully equipped, even down to the detail of Egyptian cotton sheets. The pool area was a oasis of peace and tranquillity, with relaxing sun beds and plenty of shade. We found the staff professional and attentive at all times, all working well as a team, run by the excellent Georgina, the general manager, who was a delight. The hotel has a shuttle bus, it took us to a lovely beach recommended by the staff, only a few minutes away and picked us up, with a few minutes notice, a really polished and indispensable service. We were so smitten by the hotel we are returning later on in the year, and I'm looking forward to the fab breakfast again.

Dear Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a glowing review of Code!

We believe breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we want all guest to have a wide variety of food, particularly if you stay over a week like you did.

The views from all our suites are fantastic, thanks for commenting on the suites here we are very proud of the design as well as details we have added to make our guest feel extra special!

The tuk tuk service works well at Code, it gives guest the choice of lounging by the pool or to take a stroll along bangpor beach!

Thanks once again for your review, looking forward to welcoming you back in a few months time!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Me and my partner stayed at Code for 5 nights in February. we read the reviews on this Hotel and was really looking forward to staying . All i can say is it exceeded our expectations in every department . The rooms are stunning and the view is one of the best i have ever had. The staff are really helpful and catered for my all our needs including day trips and car hire
The restaurant serves excellent quality thai food and the breakfast was my absolute favourite .

All in all a wonderful hotel a huge thank you to all the staff our Cocktail barman Bo and manager Georgina who made our stay so special hopefully see you soon

1 Thank billy w
Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Billy,

Many thanks for your review. Excellent to read we exceeded all your expectations, it proves we are all doing our jobs!

The AngThong Marine Park is always a winner with our guest and I am so pleased that the weather was perfect for you, it was looking a bit grey when you left but the sun came out as you got on the boat, you had some fabulous photos!

I will pass on your regards to Bo he makes an amazing mojitio!

See you soon!
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed at the Code in March for four nights. It was delightful and friendly. Food was superb. They even had a baker make me some gluten free bread and muffins which I was very grateful for. The rooms are gorgeous and the views are to die for. The Code is very quiet which was nice after four days down at a beach location. They ran us to Fishermans Village at no charge and then picked us all up later in the evening at no charge. There is a tuk tuk to run you down the Beach area and shops, but location wise it is not near the 'buzz', but they do have bikes to hire from the office.

We hope to return their next March.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Deb,

I have just seen your email about your stay next year! I will respond straight away.
Thanks for the review of Code. Like all guest if you let us know if you have any food allergies we will make sure we order in any special food or tailor the menu so it’s suitable for you. I know you enjoyed the gluten free muffins!

Once again thanks for the review and see you in 2015!

Georgina Brian.
brooklyn, nyc
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I’ve stayed at Code a few over the past two years, and I’ve always had a great experience.
I love the staff at Code. I love the food (really great mango sticky rice & soup!). I love the rooms. I love the location. I love the architecture. And I’ve always loved the management.

But this time, I had such a horrible interaction with the new manager, that I do not want to come back. I witnessed her barking at the staff, treating them rudely, and speaking down to them. As someone who is sensitive to the interactions with foreigners and locals, it doesn’t make me feel good to see such an unequal power dynamic in the management.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
16 Thank triciawang
Code_and_Lanna, Public Relations Manager at Code, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Many thanks for your review, though I think there might have been some mistake with your rating as you seem to have loved almost everything at the hotel but despite this you've given us a 'Terrible' rating... Ouch...!!!

If you could review what you have posted it would be very much appreciated...

With regards to our manager's behaviour, Georgina has been with us for just over a year and has played a pivotal role in all the successes we have enjoyed at Code. I've spoken with Georgina and there seems to have been some sort of 'character clash' between you and her. I'm sure you understand that in every business occasionally these things do happen, but I would like to personally apologise for any mistakes or misunderstandings which may have occurred.

Georgina has lived in Thailand for many years now and is very familiar with the intricacies of Thai culture - she is well loved by the staff here at Code, and I can only assume that the interactions you saw might have been tainted by your own personal feelings towards her. We have a great team here at Code, all of whom are dedicated to making the hotel the very best it can be for our guests. We're so sorry that you feel like you wouldn't like to come back, as I'm sure if you did you'd see that we are all a happy team doing the very best we can to make sure that our guests have the very best time possible on their tropical island getaway...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Nam
#2 of 186 in Bophut
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#6 of 186 in Bophut

Been to Code? Share your experiences!