“Great rooms with fantastic view for couples - book late!”
Review of Code

Code
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for a week in July. The rooms and facilities are all great - very modern an spacious. Albeit the styling of the hotel tends towards being a bit tacky.. but that is an observation that entirely depends on taste. Hotel location is remote for Samui and you will need to explore by car/moto if you want to get around. The restaurant is not up to par and compared to the pricing (like continental Europe) you´re not getting value. The Code seems to struggle with filling all the rooms and thus we regretted our early booking as pricing dropped about 50% up until our arrival.

Room Tip: High floor rooms for less noise, book late for best price!
2  Thank Leifarneb

Reviewed 13 July 2014

As far as aesthetics, Code is amazing. It's about as far as you can get from the typical Thai style (which incidentally I also like). It's all about understated modern sleekness. White, natural light and a gorgeous view of Koh Phangan to the north dominate.

The suite was excellent - spacious for a family of three and everything arranged very conveniently, with the bedroom just begging for romance. I was pleased to note that the fridge was well-stocked with items at a very reasonable price... frankly unusual for such a nice hotel.

My only complaints would be that there was no nightlight for our little girl and the shower fixture situation was a bit odd (only overhead, no moveable shower-head or faucet) - but obviously those are minor issues.

The pool at Code is just lovely - especially around sunset. It's black-bottomed so pleasantly warm, and actually has something of a deep end. There's no kiddy pool, but one end is shallow enough that a toddler can stand comfortably.

The biggest complaint I heard from other travelers is that Code isn't on the beach. That said, there are free shuttles every two hours or on demand at a mere 100 baht per trip , and frankly, how much time does one really need to spend at the beach anyway? There are plenty of laid-back bars at Mae Nam that can be gotten to easily and left without regret when you head back to your comfy isolation five minutes up the hill.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dvaytw
Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Daniel,

Great to hear from you and many thanks for reviewing Code. It was a pleasure to meet your wife and your gorgeous daughter Danielle. Your right in saying that Code certainly isn’t the ‘norm’ for Thailand and that is why I we have won many awards for our architecture and design!
I know that you loved to hang around the pool or wander down to Bangpor Beach where Danielle could run around in the sand; Bangpor is perfect for little kids as the water is very shallow. Your comment about the shower heads, you are correct we only have ‘rain shower’ heads however these can be moved slightly. The nightlight, we have dimmers on all the lights in the room and I believe my staff offered you lamp which could of been placed by Danielle cot. As you say these are minor things but most minor problems can easily be resolved if you speak to any of the Code staff.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope the rest of your stay in Koh Samui was fun.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great hotel (location, view, room, service, stylish guests, - everything great).
The remote location is really no problem because there are several options:
bicycles, bikes, cars for rent, taxi transfers (all pricing is the same as everywhwere else on the island), and a complimentary shuttle to the main road.
The manager Georgina makes the difference, - she handles everything perfectly.
Finally, we like the idea of providing the guests with mobile phones for internal and external calls.
In summary everything was great and we will come again soon.

1  Thank Iris W

Dear Iris and Stephan,

Thank you for taking the time to review Code it really is appreciated by us here at Code and for future guest who want a true idea of how the hotel is run. I know that you were here for business and that Code was your haven to come back to relax each day! As you say we are on the North side of the island which is the quieter side, which is why most of our guest book. However if you want to get out and about there are ways to do so!

Looking forward to seeing you both again in October.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place is mind-blowing. The hotel has a lot of awards to its credit but what you experience in person is way beyond. This was my first time staying with Code and I would recommend this place to anyone for the rooms, food, service, location and overall experience.

The rooms, which are actually suites, are fantastic. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite with a sunrise view. I entered it and was honestly blown away. The views are fantastic, the rooms are SO beautiful. I loved everything about it. The contemporary and modern feel, the separate lounging area, the TV with the great swivel so you could watch it from anywhere in the room (even from the balcony), the in-suite kitchen, a big fridge and microwave (food options close down early in Samui and these two appliances saved us for our late night cravings!) the amazing balcony area with palm trees literally in your lap. I actually spent a couple of days just enjoying the hotel because it's the most relaxing experience you can get. You can actually lie from your bed and see the glorious views.

The drive up to the hotel itself is super gorgeous. Through winding green roads, it takes you up a hill where the hotel is located. Which is also why it has amazing views of the ocean (My room had a view of Koh Phangan right from the balcony). It's not at the beach but the hotel does complimentary pick/drops for its guests to the beach that's about a couple minutes down the road. There was also a great beach bag in my room (which you can also buy!) with beach towels which was a great surprise.

The pool is also amazing. I spent a whole day just hanging by it. The view is again amazing. They have a push-button service for ordering drinks to the pool. The lounging area is also beautiful, and it feels like you're sitting in the middle of the trees. (You have to see the pictures) The restaurant is also just one step down and had the best Pad Thai and burger. I want the Pad Thai again!

AND the service is so great. All staff members are extremely helpful. From giving island tips, to recommendations, one of the best services I have experienced (and I've stayed with a lot of 5 star hotels). The manager, Georgina is AMAZING. Super helpful, again one of the best hotel managers I have met with. She really makes you feel so welcome.

The hotel is located in a very quiet, secluded area of the island (where the best hotels of Koh Samui are by the way) but since the island is so small, everything is reachable within 10-15 minutes. I rented a car (from the hotel itself, so convenient and great rates) and loved going out for exploring during the day and come back to the quiet hotel for winding down. At night the room has the most cosy, relaxing vibe. I planned a couple of times to take a break at the hotel during the day and step out later at night, and never did, because I was happy inside!

And as a bonus, I want to tell you that the hotel actually had the football worldcup playing in the rooms so my husband loves the place a little bit more than me. He didn't miss a single match in Samui!

Before I forget, the suite has so much cupboard space, your stuff won't be rotting in a suitcase. There were at least 4 large cupboards in the one bedroom suite.

So, I am definitely going back!

Room Tip: If you don't want to take too many steps, ask for a room at a lower level. But honestly, because...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shehzeen R

Dear Sheezeen,

Many thanks for such an in depth review of Code, it will be very helpful to Tripadvidsor users. I am so pleased to read that you and your husband were blown away with all that Code has to offer.
I will pass your compliments onto my chef who will be very happy to hear that you loved the Code burger and Pad Thai. The Code burger is always a crowd pleaser, homemade patties and fresh buns! Yum.

The suites here at Code are very cozy and ideal to relax of an evening if you can’t muster the strength to go out! The balcony with the day beds is the perfect setting for a glass of wine and good book.

Yes the football was a real treat for our guest staying here, many of our guest commented on how shocked they were to see it on their tv menu!
Sheezeen, once again many thanks for your review and we hope to see you both again in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Really enjoyable stay at Code Hotel, and will definitely be coming back. Stunning views down over the mountainside and sea across to Koh Phangan. Fantastic service too from the moment we arrived. The rooms are really nice, and the whole place feels really modern and new.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Code_and_Lanna, General Manager at Code, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Paul and Rony,

It was a pleasure to meet you both and I will see you in March also! So pleased you were happy with how Code is run and the serviced you received was up to scratch. All our guest are blown away with the views from their suites, you can’t beat the view first thing in the morning. Stunning!

Thank you for reviewing Code.

With very best wishes,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at the Code Hotel for a couple of nights as i had business in the area. What a beautiful location the hotel is in, and the service and staff are fantastic. I didnt get time to get to the beach, but i was informed that transport was available if i so needed it and i was given a phone on arrival if i needed to contact the hotel for transport to and from the local area. I thought this was a fantastic idea, especially if you don't know the area. The food in the hotel is amazing, and theres something for different tastes, from Western food to autentic Thai curries. I will definatley be staying at Code again in the future.

Room Tip: When booking i would request a room on the top floors, the views in the morning are amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Joanna,

Great to hear from you. Code was the final stop on your business trip and seemed to be the perfect choice for you! Cinnamon Spa was your haven whilst you stayed with us and my spa girls were thrilled that you came back twice a day! Pleased to hear that your short stay with us was satisfactory. We have to agree with you about the location of Code, It is perched on the hill so the views over the Gulf of Thailand are amazing!

Once again thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Living in Bangkok takes it's toll on you every now and then so an escape to this peaceful utopia in Samui is just perfect. Having fallen in love with this hotel when I last visited Koh Samui, I decided to treat myself to cheeky revisit and once again they delivered. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect relaxing week. Fresh air, peace and quiet, great views, clean rooms, friendly staff, AMAZING food menu, cocktails and more. I would highly recommend this to any holiday maker planning a trip to Thailand/Koh Samui. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view so take your pick!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Hi Carl,

I know you like to get out of Bangkok every once in a while and Samui is perfect for the winding down you need! So pleased that we are your choice of hotel when you visit Samui. Thanks for reviewing Code once again, I will pass all your comments onto my team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Nam
#10 of 104 in Chaweng
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#4 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Code? Share your experiences!