Just came back from 8 day holiday in Santuburi. One word: wonderful!
Arrived late in the night. Check in was quick and easy. Booked for equatorial suite, they have upgraded us to a beach villa (419), which was amazing. You have everything that you can think of, in the room, even more.
The beach is very nice, loads of sunbeds and hammocks.They give you two towels each, always nice cold water, cold refreshing towels, ice creams, fruits to keep you fresh all day long. Beach boys are always there for you, if you need anything. And what is very important, nobody wakes up in the morning and rush on the beach with a book or a magazine to get a bed. There is place for everyone, no matter what time of the day you arrive on the beach.
The breakfast was great. A variety of very tasteful food and drinks, especially the juices freshly sqeezed in front of you.
We had dinners in Rim Talay (by the beach), by the pool (on a Chinese New Year), in Salathai and everything was very good quality, well presented, and tasteful. Value for money, excelent. Some people compare the prices with restaurants in Mae nam or in Fishermen`s Village where you can eat for much cheaper, but it is like if you compare 2* with a 5* hotel. If you go, say in Red Snapper restaurant( which is apparently must if you like good food) in Chaweng you pay the same as in the hotel. And if you decide to pay money to stay in a 5* hotel there is really no point moaning about the price of the beer or anything. You can always buy cheaper.
The grounds are huge, loads of flowers, trees, well maintained. The pool is another story. A huge one (app 1500sq.m.). Pity, we always prefer the beach. There are two floodlight tennis courts, nice gym and many other things if you want active holiday like windsurfing lessons, fruit carving, batik painting etc.... There is also playground area, bikes and loads of other stuff for kids.
There is a small business center with two computers and printer. Tthere are also few pairs of reading glasses next to the PC`s, different prescriptions, in case you forgot yours!!! But the WiFi (free!!!) works very good in the room, even on the beach.
The staff is very, very helpfull, always with a smile and efficient..
This hotel, no doubt is very well and professionaly managed. From early in the morning until late in the night the Gen. Manager is there.
We travel a lot and we intend not to go back to the same place. But this time we might make an exception. That`s how much we liked santiburi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Santiburi Beach Resort and Spa is a five star resort and a Member of the Leading Hotels of the World, with 65 villas, 12 Suites and four restaurant outlets, a Royal Thai restaurant, a Beachfront restaurant, a Pool Bar & Restaurant, a Breakfast restaurant and a Lounge Bar. The resort also consists of an Activity center, Water sport center and Santiburi Spa by Bhawa. The Santiburi Beach Resort and Spa is well known in Thailand as a first class Resort with a high level in both standard and in the quality of services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santiburi Golf, Resort And Spa
- Santiburi Golf Hotel Mae Nam
- Santiburi Resort Koh Samui
- Santiburi Hotel Koh Samui
- Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand