Lowest prices for your stay
US$224
Hotels.comUS$224
eDreamsUS$224
Priceline
1,112 results
All reviews private beach sea view villa the secret garden koh samui infinity pool ocean front beach restaurant paddle boarding our honeymoon free activities fresh fruit resort is beautiful thai massage four seasons the entire staff thai food cold towels
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is one of the most beautiful resorst I've ever been.
The resort's staff is so nice, and the place itself is amazing!
You will get your money's worth.
The loacation is great, with a beautiful pool overseeing the sandy beach of Samui.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a dream vacation in Thailand.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Michal L
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at Napasai with our two children aged 8 & 5. We stayed in one of the 2br residences which had it's own pool and beach.

I really cannot fault Napasai, I really don't understand any of the negative reviews left as now that I've stayed here I can't see how anyone would say the food was terrible or the service was bad because it's simply untrue. The service here was brilliant, nothing was too difficult and they accommodated every request we had. Our children were spoiled with attention from the staff and I thought everyone from the hotel manager to the pool cleaners were delightful.

Our rooms were simply gorgeous, down to the beautiful frangipani's left on our beds to the tropical fruit left for us each day with a little booklet telling us what they were! It's the little things that set this hotel aside from the rest.

Our pool was beautiful, large and private and our kids loved it. We constantly rotated from our pool to the main pool (which is amazing with a great small kids pool) and the beach. We had our own kitchen and large balcony that we used every evening to watch the sunset from.

A golf buggy was available any time of day to get us around the resort, only a 2 minute wait after calling for it.

The spa was great. I had a lovely facial which was truly relaxing and their products are beautiful.

I spent a long time researching hotels to stay at and looked at others at Bophut and Chaweng. I have to say the beach at Chaweng is nicer than the one at Napasai but I still would rather stay at Napasai. With Chaweng come the horrible crowds and noisy nightlife with hotels side by side. Napasai is very quiet, peaceful with a beautiful beach which has been cleared of rocks and coral and there is a sun lounge for everyone! If you want wild nightlife this isn't the resort for you. Beautiful, secluded and luxurious it definitely is.

The food was delicious, especially the Thai restaurant. We thought it was even better than Lanterns, their fine dining restaurant. The pool bar menu is great and our kids ate that even when we were in the thai restaurant. The breakfast is outstanding, everything from steamed prawn dumplings to one of the best omlettes I've had. I'm still dreaming of their coconut jam! One night when we were there they had a bbq buffet on the beach which was truly magnificent. Again, how anyone can complain about the food is a mystery to me.

Fishermans Village is a short cab fare away if you want to get out of the resort but we only did this once as we wanted to make the most of our gorgeous villa. We also did the tour of the island which the hotel organised for us.

We will definitely be back to Napasai, a truly wonderful experience that I highly recommend.

Room tip: The 3 bedroom residences are a terrific option for families traveling together.
7  Thank StephDeck
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We first stayed here 7 or so years ago when we moved to Asia. We have been back every year since. There has been a lot of other exiting hotels built in those years but we feel after having tried a few that we are pretty comfortable at the Napasai getting the peace that we like while on holiday. Chaweng where we did stay once is quite frankly a nightmare and Bhoput doesn't quite live up to tranquility of a tropical island either. We do go back for two reasons; there's a sea view from every room...(even if that means climbing the hill) and the main pool! We never feel crowded! As mentioned the climb is not that much fun, but really we could all use a bit more exercise these days so look at it as an opportunity. This year we had a villa, all the way at the end of the road as it were and walked all the time. And survived! They also very helpfully have (the 3rd reason we go back every year) teamed up with the best dive outfit on the island, 100 degrees, and therefore the basic stuff can be done in the pool. Very good when you have children of various ages and stages. The food isn't to die for, but hey, there are plenty of restaurants on the island. And with 4 children (think special taxis etc) this has never been a problem for us. This year we were very lazy and stayed at the hotel most nights. And still survived! The thing to remember is that compared to some of the newer hotels you aren't paying as much as let's say the Banyan Tree (we just came from the property in Seoul, guess what? The food was terrible!). And honestly, the food at some of the newer ones isn't that much better.... The beach isn't that great, but they have worked on it so immensely better than it used to be and again, some of the newer properties have the same problems, you just don't know it until it is too late. As I said it's been 7 years...

4  Thank fabfourNJ
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stayed in a three bedroom beach villa with my three teenage children. when we were shown around the property we could not believe how beautiful it was - huge, spacious, beautifully furnished. our private pool was enormous (I had expected a plunge pool) and having our own private beach was a plus. the service in the hotel was incredible - nothing was too much trouble. the General Manager was constantly wandering around the restaurants, making sure everything was in order. All the staff were charming, from the receptionists to the guy who cooked the eggs at breakfast - fantastically friendly. if there is one tiny negative it would be that the quality of the entertainment at the gorgeous beachside restaurant was poor - we went one evening to a restaurant at nearby Anantara resort and they had a charming singer there. We certainly weren';t looking for wild partying, but a decent singer/guitarist actually does contribute to the ambiance of the place.

but apart from that i was blown away by Napasai - truly exceptional

My teenage children loved the (small) gym and the great spa. The spa was incredibly good value - one expects occasionally to be charged outlandishly in hotels for treatments, but Napasai was very reasonable.

Room tip: if there are several of you, or even two small families, try the Beach Side villas - they are film star type luxury and give you a lot of privacy.
2  Thank biztravel221
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We just returned from a 7-day vacation at the Napasai hotel. To be honest, I feel that most of the comments I have read here on Tripadvisor about this hotel were a little excessive in one way or the other (in particular one comment made about this hotel being "awful", which is just completely out of this world in my opinion). So I thought I would try a different approach from my usual reviews this time, and answer point by point to the complaints made by that reviewer. And so doing present you guys with a fairer view of this hotel.

#1 - "Nothing to do"

First of all the hotel is located on the island of Koh Samui, which is 2 hours away from Bangkok and the mainland. So I guess when you choose to spend time on a small island in the middle of the ocean, you know that you are not aiming at having the cultural time of your life. This being said, the hotel itself is located in the North of the island. That part of the island is quieter than crowder areas such as Chaweng (North-East part) or Bophut. Yet, you can easily go to Chaweng by taking the local "bus", a taxi or motorbike. Chaweng is a 20-mins car drive from the hotel and Bophut is a 10-mins car drive at best. Anyway an entire tour of the island only takes 3-4 hours tops so you can access all attractions and do some sightseeing pretty easily.

Speaking of attractions and sightseeing, the hotel offers the possibility to carry out a whole lot of different excursions (at a fee or course). You should know that Koh Samui has been a touristic destination for approximately 4 years only. Until now Phuket was the main touristic destination in Thailand. So the island of Koh Samui is stil pretty authentic and you have a few sites that are worth checking out.

Within the hotel itself, you can ask the staff to provide you with the necessary equipment to enjoy kayaking, windsurfing, snurkling, playing badmington, etc. BIG WARNING TO ALL GOLFERS OUT THERE: we discovered the hard way that Samui is definitely NOT a golfing destination. I know you will probably come across ads saying otherwise but trust me we tried to golf on various different courses during our stay and none of them was up to any European, American or decent international standards. Even the well-known Santiburi golf course is in very poor condition (despite the 270$ fee for the 18 hole !). Because of the hot weather and the poor maintenance, golf courses across the island are completely dry and the fairways are almost as sandy as bunkers. Diddo for the greens, so good luck putting on those.

#2 - "Food is awful"

That is simply not true. Authentic Thai food is well known all over the world for being quite tasty. Again, you can't choose this destination and expect to be served your good old mac and cheese, or homemade burger, steak or pizza (though the hotel offers those on the menu). The hotel has three different restaurants. A thai restaurant where I thought the food was tasty, cooked with various different spices and offered an interesting variety of flavors. I recommend this one. Second restaurant is a French restaurant which presents a remix of French dishes using Thai inspiration. Nothing exceptional but it's worth trying once. The third and last restaurant is a grill where you can enjoy fresh barbecued fish, sea food and meat. I loved that one. And for those who get homesick, I should add that at the Fishermen's Village (10 mins car ride from the hotel) you have several dozen of bars and restaurants offering miscellaneous world food among which you will easily find some food close to home.

#3 - "Getting anywhere off the resort is a nightmare"

Where does that come from?? This is so untrue that I am not even sure we stayed in the same hotel. Like I said in the first paragraph above, it is very easy to get off the hotel and visit the island. Just ask the reception to call you a cab. Or you can catch one yourself right in the front of the resort's main entrance. The island is pretty safe so no risks there. Additionally, Thai people are nice enough so you would be very unluncky to come across someone who will try to rip you off or rob you. Plus, considering the value of the local money (Thai bath) against most other international currencies, the costs of taking a cab, bus, etc. should ultimately be very minimal on your vacation budget.

#4 - "Service is ok at best"

Well, this one is still too harsh a comment for my taste but I can see where it comes from. The staff is friendly (most of the time) and is really trying but overall the service is still not up to the standards of what you can expect from a 5 star hotel (particularly in Asia, where service is usually nothing but spectacular in most palaces). For instance, at Napasai the staff greets you 10 times a day which (unless you're some kind of monomanic) gets sort of annoying in the long run. Plus, the entire staff has a very poor command of the English language. This limits interaction and makes every request more complicated than it should be. This is a big con right there and that is rarely seen in most 5-star hotels. The service in the restaurants needs some serious brushing up as well (you often get the feeling of being rushed sometimes). Overall, the service is clearly one of the major weaknesses of this resort. It's not all that bad, but again it is not up to the standards of other 5-star hotels we've been to over time. And considering that Koh Samui is at least a 11-hour flight from Europe, it is sort of a disappointment.

#5 - "Can't even get to the beach from our beachfront villa"

Well, I can't argue with that one since we did not stay at a beachfront villa. We were in a regular suite with a breathtaking view over the ocean from our bedroom. I read a comment about these rooms being located uphill as compared to the beach level and this is absolutely true. It can get uncomfortable sometimes to have to climb up to your room everytime you need to, although the staff can give you a short ride back to your room using golf carts available. The rooms are not as spacious as you would normally expect but are extremely clean and tastefully decorated and laid out. You have all the usual cool stuff you need (flatscreen TV, iPhone docket station, everything you need to make instant coffee or tea, and free WiFi -- which is really a perk !).

In a nutshell, Napasai was a good hotel but I felt like it lacked some charm and also that little "je ne sais quoi" that makes your 11-hour flight worthwhile. You will have an excellent stay over there but not necessarily memories to enjoy for a long time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple