At the end of our 2 week trip to Southeast Asia, we spent 5 days and 4 nights at Napasai by Orient Express. The plan was to relax and unwind after 2 hectic weeks of thrilling travel and sightseeing (and shopping) in Hong Kong, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Bangkok. We picked the Island of Koh Samui as we were told that the weather in July would be better than in Phuket. We picked Napasai based on the reviews and also based on the description and pictures on the website. What we did not know was that the level of hospitality and personal attention to our every need would exceed the beauty of the hotel and the amazing amenities there.
Napasai is set on a beautiful stretch of beach in Maenam, a short 20 minutes from the very modern and convenient Koh Samui airport. The grounds are impressive and stunning. We were greeted by hotel staff at the airport, and then immediately upon our arrival at the hotel, with refreshing beverages and a personal introduction to the property. We were then personally greeted by the hotel manager, Iolanda, who went out of her way to personally ensure that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Napasai and that all of our needs were met. It was obvious from the start, that the entire staff of the hotel understand what it means to excel in the hospitality industry.
We had booked an oceanfront pool residence and it was simply the most amazing villa/hotel room we have ever had! Each of the separate bedrooms was outfitted with stunning and tasteful furnishings, and each of the separate bathrooms contained all of the high end amenities one could possibly want. In addition to our separate bedrooms, our villa had a separate and stunning living room overlooking the pool and ocean, complete with a full kitchen, and a separate indoor/outdoor dining pavilion where we spent hours each day enjoying the beautiful Gulf of Thailand. Most afternoons we spent lazing around our private pool (or enjoying our private spa), or enjoying the warm waters of the Gulf of Thailand itself.
When we first arrived, the high speed internet in our villa was not working well. Could have been an issue when traveling with 2 older children, but before we had unpacked our bags, maintenance staff were at our villa fixing the internet connection so we would not be inconvenienced. One evening, there was a quick (and exciting!) flash wind and rain storm that passed over the property. Leaves and tree branches were thrown all about the property. Before we awoke in the morning, the entire property (including everywhere by and around our villa and pool area) were completely cleaned such that you wouldn't have even known about the storm if you hadn't seen it yourself!
We ate many meals at Napasai and each was better than the next. The breakfast buffet was sensational, with varied and rotating options to meet everyone's desires, from western to asian, plus fresh fruit and pastries. We twice had room service for lunch and the food arrived promptly and was ALL delicious. It was a decadent treat to be able to enjoy the tastes of Thailand without having to give up our relaxing afternoons poolside and by the ocean. On our last night, we had an unbelievable barbeque dinner on the beach which was absolutely the best meal of our entire 2 week trip!
We used the tennis courts (and were provided with rackets and balls), the kayaks and the spa, and had amazing Thai massages in a beautiful setting.
When we bothered to venture out off the property (and believe me it was difficult to want to leave the beautiful Napasai!), the hotel staff arranged taxis and made dinner reservations and suggestions that were all excellent. During our stay, the hotel had a new concierge come on board and Sabrina made it a point to personally learn about everything we were interested in on the island to ensure that we were experiencing the best that Koh Samui had on offer. Sabrina even accompanied us on our elephant ride adventure to ensure that everything was perfect! Who does that? What other hotel would send their concierge out with guests to ensure they were happy? No other hotel that I have ever stayed at for sure!
It is clear that this hotel and the entire Orient Express organization understands that international travelers have vast choices in picking vacation properties to visit and they want travelers to pick Orient Express hotels and resorts, and perhaps, more importantly, to continue to pick Orient Express hotels for future travel. I had never even heard of Orient Express before this trip, and unintentionally we wound up picking 2 of their amazing properties on this trip (Napasai and La Residence d'Angkor in Siem Reap). And while the locations could not be more different, the level of attention to customer service and hospitality remained the same. The staffs at both properties were 100 percent dedicated to ensuring that we were completely taken care of and enjoyed everything we did at their destinations.
Napasai is an extraordinary property with extraordinary staff at all levels from the top on down to everyone who works there. We look forward to returning again (and again)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai exudes an irresistible, traditional Thai charm. Stand-alone villas sit within 17 acres of tropical gardens, rich with cashew and coconut trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Tempting aromas of fresh local cuisine drift through the air, and staff greet every request with a warm smile. Life is as quiet or as lively as you desire. Spend all day beside the infinity pool or in the relaxing Napasai Spa. Alternatively plunge into the vibrant island scene with our wide range of action-packed resort activities. The resort is a haven for sports, sea and action lovers. Enjoy a number of on-site facilities, from table tennis and badminton to windsurfing and Hobie Cat. Swimming pool nestled in our tropical garden, the infinity-edge freshwater pool. Family friendly features Whether spending quality time together or letting little ones run wild with supervised activities, Belmond Napasai is an ideal choice for a Thailand family holiday. Children can meet our resident animals while touring the secret countryside. They can get involved with different sports and excursions or go for a splash in the dedicated children's pool. They will also receive special menus in our restaurants. Babysitting services can be arranged on request so parents can unwind and savour the romance of the resort. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities alongside refined Mediterranean and oriental dishes. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining in Belmond Napasai Beach Dining: Take a seat at our beachside restaurant which offers a mouth-watering variety of barbecued and grilled dishes. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers a variety of villas from Sea view hill to sea view and beach front, One bedroom Villa Suites (beach front or in the Gardens) and Private Pool Residences from 2 to 4 bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand