The Napasai is a really lovely resort in Ko Samui. We had booked a Sea View Hill Villa with Breakfast included.
When we arrived at the Napasai we were welcomed by the very nice receptionist lady, were taken to a couch near the bar with a stunning view making an incredible first impression. The check in was handled smoothly with a very nice welcome drink and cold towels.
Then we were taken to our room 143 which is actually a very specious villa. Please expect that a hill villa is on a hill, we knew that so no problem for us, but for people with disabilities it can be bothersome, although they take you up and down with a golf cart if you want. The design and location of the villa as well as the view was stunning. Very quiet, very private atmosphere.
In general the staff of the hotel is exceptionally friendly, helpful and there is always someone if you need somebody. Doesn't matter if at the reception, the beach, the pool or even somewhere else in the resort. The managers also take care of every guest. We were asked at least every second day if everything is fine, if we need something etc. THIS IS SERVICE!
The restaurant La Thai has very good french and thai food done by a french chef. We had a few exceptional evenings there. The price for food is between 4-10 Euro for an appetizer, 8-16 Euro for the main course and 6-13 Euro for a dessert. Sure it is a high price compared to restaurants outside the resort, but you get good value for money and I don't think it is overpriced for what you get, a european orientated cuisine with thai style and high quality products. We had a wine and dine dinner once, very nice evening guest were sitting together at one table we had possibility to get a little contact to the other guest, had an exceptional dinner, good wine and a fantastic atmosphere.
What we cannot recommend is the beach restaurant. Prices are nearly the same as in La Thai but quality is lower and the food choices are not so good.
Cocktails at the poolbar are in a average price range of 4-8 Euro. Which is ok, although the lack of little bit of alcohol sometimes, but this maybe good because of the heat.
We always stayed at the beach, is really nice and quite there.. the beach is private which is extremely nice.. although the entry to the sea is a little bit difficult sometime due to stones, but this is nature..
All in all I can recommend every couple that wants to have a stunning experience and a wonderful (quiet) vacation to choose the Napasai!
Thank you to all the staff that made our Vacation so wonderful especially thx to Juan and Jolanta for always being so attentive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai exudes an irresistible, traditional Thai charm. Stand-alone villas sit within 17 acres of tropical gardens, rich with cashew and coconut trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Tempting aromas of fresh local cuisine drift through the air, and staff greet every request with a warm smile. Life is as quiet or as lively as you desire. Spend all day beside the infinity pool or in the relaxing Napasai Spa. Alternatively plunge into the vibrant island scene with our wide range of action-packed resort activities. The resort is a haven for sports, sea and action lovers. Enjoy a number of on-site facilities, from table tennis and badminton to windsurfing and Hobie Cat. Swimming pool nestled in our tropical garden, the infinity-edge freshwater pool. Family friendly features Whether spending quality time together or letting little ones run wild with supervised activities, Belmond Napasai is an ideal choice for a Thailand family holiday. Children can meet our resident animals while touring the secret countryside. They can get involved with different sports and excursions or go for a splash in the dedicated children's pool. They will also receive special menus in our restaurants. Babysitting services can be arranged on request so parents can unwind and savour the romance of the resort. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities alongside refined Mediterranean and oriental dishes. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining in Belmond Napasai Beach Dining: Take a seat at our beachside restaurant which offers a mouth-watering variety of barbecued and grilled dishes. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers a variety of villas from Sea view hill to sea view and beach front, One bedroom Villa Suites (beach front or in the Gardens) and Private Pool Residences from 2 to 4 bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Belmond, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand