Stayed there for a week to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary with our 2 young children.
We had a most enjoyable time at the resort and in Koh Samui. The island is not as developed as Phuket, it has a rather laid back feel to it. People here are generally warm and friendly.
We booked a cottage suite with buffett breakfast included. The suites are very quiet and secluded, giving you a sense of privacy. There are 2 low sofas in the lounge that were converted every night into beds for our kids. There is a 'sala' outside in the courtyard which is perfect for relaxing. We also had a private dinner served there for our anniversary - at no extra cost.
The resort is relatively secluded, but fairly close to Bophut and the restaurants at Fisherman's Village. Would recommend 'Smile House' for dinner where you can have freshly cooked seafood.
We booked a rental car to get around the island and to shop in Chaweng. If you want to save money you can easily rent motorbikes or a jeep - lots of European tourists do this.
We enjoyed the big breakfasts at the resort. They have a French chef, so the pastries taste like real French pastries. The food at Napasai is good, but we only dined there once for dinner. They have one restaurant and one cafe. The restuarant has theme nights, BBQ, Thai set menu, etc. But be warned it is rather pricy.
The housekeeping staff are especially heplful and friendly. We were fortunate with the weather, warm sunny days with cooling seabreezes. Napasai is not cheap, but would recommend it to couples wanting a quiet romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Napasai exudes an irresistible, traditional Thai charm. Stand-alone villas sit within 17 acres of tropical gardens, rich with cashew and coconut trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea. Tempting aromas of fresh local cuisine drift through the air, and staff greet every request with a warm smile. Life is as quiet or as lively as you desire. Spend all day beside the infinity pool or in the relaxing Napasai Spa. Alternatively plunge into the vibrant island scene with our wide range of action-packed resort activities. The resort is a haven for sports, sea and action lovers. Enjoy a number of on-site facilities, from table tennis and badminton to windsurfing and Hobie Cat. Swimming pool nestled in our tropical garden, the infinity-edge freshwater pool. Family friendly features Whether spending quality time together or letting little ones run wild with supervised activities, Belmond Napasai is an ideal choice for a Thailand family holiday. Children can meet our resident animals while touring the secret countryside. They can get involved with different sports and excursions or go for a splash in the dedicated children's pool. They will also receive special menus in our restaurants. Babysitting services can be arranged on request so parents can unwind and savour the romance of the resort. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities alongside refined Mediterranean and oriental dishes. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dining in Belmond Napasai Beach Dining: Take a seat at our beachside restaurant which offers a mouth-watering variety of barbecued and grilled dishes. Savour the delights of Thai cuisine at our Lai Thai Restaurant. Our executive chef offers a delicious array of local specialities. Take a seat indoors and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, or eat al fresco on our outdoor balconies. Stunning views across the resort accompany breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers a variety of villas from Sea view hill to sea view and beach front, One bedroom Villa Suites (beach front or in the Gardens) and Private Pool Residences from 2 to 4 bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Napasai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napasai By Orient-Express Hotel Mae Nam
- Napasai Koh Samui
- Napasai Hotel Koh Samui
- Belmond Napasai Ko Samui, Thailand