All reviews private beach sea view villa thai restaurant the secret garden sorbet koh samui infinity pool f b manager beach restaurant our honeymoon paddle boarding water buffalo tennis courts ocean front individual villas wooden floors rooms are beautiful
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Many thanks to all Belmond Napasai wonderful staff for warm welcoming, care and attention during the whole stay.
My friend Olga and I spent incredible week in the hotel and out of it.
The room was perfect, best location, great food - beauty in every detail.
Definitely promise to come back!

With love from St. Petersburg ❤️

Trip type: Travelled with friends
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Arina E,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are very pleased to hear that you and Olga enjoyed your stay with us at Belmond Napasai.

We hope you arrived safe and sound back in St. Petersburg and that you can keep all the beautiful memories from your holiday for a long time.

It would be our pleasure to have the chance to welcome you both back on another occasion.

All the very best for you and warm regards from Koh Samui,

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My family and I (6 adults in 3 Oceanfront/view villas) spent 9 very enjoyable days in September at the Napasai. The resort is on Koh Samui’s north coast about 30 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the lively Fisherman‘s village. It is an „Oasis of Tranquility“. The setting is idyllic. Don’t stay here if you want a „wild time“. It is more a place for romance or to re-charge your batteries.

The rooms are individual villas and are a stylish, contemporary and comfortable interpretation of a Thai bungalow and well appointed. There are two restaurants that serve a tasty and appealing variety of Thai and international food.

The staff are absolutely amazing. They are genuinely friendly. They often seem to anticipate your request...without being obtrusive. We were delighted with their service. The front desk was very helpful in external meal and excursion bookings. A special mention here to Dominique who made many suggestions that we loved. The on-site activities Team were also very helpful and instructive…we paddle boarded, kayaked, played tennis, cycled, yoga-ed and did some Thai boxing (an amazing work out). Lek and his team were great fun.

We also spent a day on the Belmond boat in the Mu Ko Ang Thong National Park with a picnic on our own private beach. This was one of the highlights of our visit and can highly recommend.

All-in-all a wonderful vacation. Thank you very much to the Napasai Team.

Trip type: Travelled with family
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

Dear Marcus H,

Many thanks for your wonderful and detailed review. It's great to hear that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest and that you could benefit from our various activity offer. A tour to the beautiful Angthong Marine park is definitely a must! I am glad that you and your family enjoyed it and that you have spent a perfect day on our Belmond boat.

Also a big thank you for your lovely words about our staff, we really appreciate it and I am happy to share your words with our entire team.

We hope you had a safe journey back home and that you can keep all your great memories for a very long time.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back soon to Belmond Napasai.

We wish you in the mean time all the very best and send warm greetings from Koh Samui.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We had a villa for a few days here before going to Bangkok. First thing to mention is if you struggle with steps, the villas here may not suit you, (there seemed to be lots of other accommodations that were more accessible) but the 103 steep steps might be challenging from the path down to the beach, which is very stoney and leads to the sea which is too shallow for swimming. The actual villa was very nicely equipped, but the servicing of it was very inconsistent. Some nights we got turned down, some nights not, one night we got an apology for them not doing it, but not the actual service. Room service plates and food stayed around for more time than they should have. The villa had its own pool,and once again, some days we got fresh pool towels, some days we had to ring and ask for them. Breakfast was OK, but the range on offer wasn’t great. The gym is very scantily equipped like one treadmill etc. The staff were all fantastic, always helpful, buggy service takes you around the resort if you wish. Conclusion is that this is definitely worth a stay, the area is great the staff are great, but it’s just not quite 5 starish enough for a 5 star recommendation.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Ikorel,

Warm greetings from Belmond Napasai.

First of all, I would like to thank you for your detailed and honest review. We appreciate your feedback and I have already forwarded your words to our department managers. It is our aim to always work on our service to make sure, that all our guest enjoy a constant and faultless service.

Nevertheless, we are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday despite some inconsistencies. We would like to thank you for choosing Belmond Napasai and hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon on another occasion.

Best regards from Koh Samui,

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Belmond for 5 nights during our honeymoon trip, it was fabulous. Everything we had hoped for. Rooms were clean and spacious and the comfiest bed ever. Hats off to the housekeeping staff who cleaned the rooms TWICE a day to a 5* standard they were spotless each time! We are now staying at another resort in Krabi and we can tell the difference Belmond was really high standard.

The pool was immaculate all the time as was the beach, clean clear water white sands and no rubbish to be seen anywhere. Sea and pool were always warm, beds on the beach were a touch of luxury !

We had jet lag massage and aromatherapy massage at the spa and it is well worth the money. We couldn't find any cheaper places nearby on which we could get some reviews so we went with the hotel spa, you get what you pay for and it was well worth it.

The food oh my god, amazing. We ate at the beach bar restaurant, my husband had the chicken taglettelie and he said it was better than italian we have at home run by an actual Italian! I had the Thai curries and they were truly beautiful, thank you to the chef for obviously caring so much about the food you create.

We especially appreciate the mosquito treatment you do as we can really really see the benefits of this. I am always bitten anywhere ago but to my amazement I was not bitten once at Belmond nor did I see any mosquitos. Now at Krabi I have been bitten so many times, it does take away from your trip. Thank you so much for whatever you do about the mosquitos at Belmond, I have never had the pleasure of being in Asia without being bitten for a week! This was probably my favourite thing about Belmond... It really makes a difference.

The staff.. so friendly, so helpful, always smiling and saying hello, organised taxies for us for the night markets, excursion we did marine park trip was really good with snorkelling and kayak.

Overall 5* deserved thank you so much Belmond, your staff are a credit to your hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sayoni S
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Sayoni S,

How wonderful to read your amazing review, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great experience with us.

It was our great pleasure to welcome you here at Belmond Napasai for your honeymoon trip. We are glad to hear that you had such a fabulous stay and that you enjoyed our facilities to the fullest.

Also a big thank you for your wonderful feedback about our staff. We will be delighted to share your kind words with our entire team.

We really hope to have the chance to welcome you back again to our little paradise - maybe next year for your 1st wedding anniversary.

In the meantime we wish you all the very best and send you warm greetings from Koh Samui.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2018

First thing's first, Napasai has incredible service. From the moment we arrived at the airport we were treated as VIP Luxury guests and the staff pulled out all the stops. Shuttle from airport is an air conditioned high-end vehicle. On arrival we were given a snack and orientation to the amenities and beautiful grounds. Our room was decorated nicely with flowers for our honeymoon. The rooms themselves are beautiful with perfect views of the ocean and OH MAN what a comfortable bed! The lounge chairs are plenty and the beach was very nice with good calm ocean swimming. Free kayaks, paddle boards, even a catamaran if you know sailing basics (we did). There is billiards, ping pong, badminton, tennis, volleyball. The spa staff are well trained in massage, though it is quite expensive compared to the many private options island-wide.

Every staff member knew our names, story, and room number the whole week. It is clear this is valued in their training. They were happy to make reservations and book high-end taxi transport and activities around the island. Food is good but not world class and overpriced, but it's easy to get off the reservation for dinner. The breakfast buffet is dreamy.

I don't give 5 stars because I got food poisoning my first night from one of the oysters at their raw bar. I blame myself for eating an oyster in the first place in a state of jetlagged delirium (I'm not in Portland, Maine anymore? I was yesterday...), but this is a "never event" for a high-end luxury resort, as we say in my medical field.

Once sick, the staff was incredible though. They called a doctor at 4am to our room and ran back and forth to pharmacy all night for oral replacement salts and other things. The rest of the week I was looked after like a patient in a hospital. I can't thank the staff enough for their attentiveness.

The second reason for 4 stars is that we requested our airport transport the morning of departure and were told that is too early and they recommended 30 minutes later. We were the last ones on the plane and it was horribly stressful to get checked in and through security at lightning speed. We didn't understand why we were recommended later and again, making guests late for their departure flights is a "never event" for a luxury hotel.

All in all, I recommend the Napasai for a special occasion like honeymoon, and it seemed like an excellent spot for a family holiday as well, there were lots of children and the staff was great with kids. It wasn't overwhelming numbers of kids to invade our romantic getaway, though.

Room tip: We had a lot of privacy at our oceanfront villa
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph J
info N, Guest Relations Manager at Belmond Napasai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Dear Joseph J,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a wonderful and detailed review. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your honeymoon to the fullest even though you got food poisoning. But I am glad to hear that you have appreciated the help and attentive from our entire staff.

We always expect about 1 1/2 hours from the hotel to the airport, which is usually enough time. Therefore, I would like to apologize for the delay and that you finally had to rush after a wonderful and relaxing stay.

Nevertheless, it was a real pleasure to welcome you in Koh Samui and we hope to welcome you back for another occasion here at Belmond Napasai.

Thank you again for your great review, it is my pleasure to share your words with our entire team.

Warm greetings from sunny Samui,