As you walk from reception to your room to the beach, beautiful flowers & lush foliage are mainly what you notice. The sweet smells!!! Very well manicured landscaping, and it adds a really nice touch to the overall experience staying here.
The service is also worth calling out as exceptional. Our luggage was lost en route, and Katya at the front desk was indefatigable in dealing with the airline & airport to get it back. A big thank you to her and all the others who worked through the night to make this happen so quickly. They were also quick respond to questions around renting bikes, getting the ferry to Koh Tao, finding a local spot for local fare, etc. Overall, service was some of the best we've gotten across the world.
The beach is lovely. We only stayed in Koh Samui one night on our way to Koh Tao, but we walked down Maenam Beach and discovered the Paradise Beach Resort was situated at the nicest part of the area. The sand was soft (unlike further down close to the W Hotel where the sand is really gravelly and requires flip flops to walk on), the beach is quiet and the water is so very clear. When we go back to Koh Samui, we will definitely pick this area of Maenam again.
The only iffy part of this resort is the guest room experience. The rooms are mediocre and pretty uninspired. The bathrooms are tired, the hot water didn't really work and the air conditioning was loud. For all the investment the resort puts into a perfect service experience and beautiful grounds, we had wished the rooms would be a little nicer. That said, however, if you are traveling from afar to experience Thailand and the beauty of Koh Samui, you shouldn't be overly concerned about the rooms because it's assumed you'll be spending most of your time at the beach!
Overall, very well done. Will recommend and stay again if our travels bring us back to Thailand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Low rise, Thai style, landscaped garden, unspoiled beach, warm clear waters of the South China Sea; 12 km from Phangah Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Paradise Beach Koh Samui
- Paradise Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand