My Husband and I have recently returned from a 3 week stay at the Paradise Beach Resort - Koh Samui in October/November 2008. Our holiday was perfect to say the least. Our Welcome was wonderful and as it was for an Anniversary we were given many extras which were fantastic. The Assistant Manager and Reception Staff made us feel very special.
My Husband is a Coeliac and requires a Gluten Free diet. The chef Orlando created so many delicious dishes that had to be seen to be believed. Nothing was too much trouble for him and he even supplied freshly baked bread and cakes every day. The meals in the two restaurants and the buffet breakfasts are delicious - remember to try the omelettes which are done to perfection. Each evening there is entertainment which is great fun. The Pool Bar makes delicious cocktails and you can have delicious meals and snacks throughout the day while lying by the pool or just gazing out to sea.
The staff in every area of the resort are so polite and friendly and are willing to do anything for you. After a couple of days they even knew what we wanted before we asked. We have made many friends among them and are now emailing to keep in touch. They never stop smiling.
The 2 pools are kept spotlessly clean and the tropical gardens that surround the resort are outstanding. If you choose to swim in the sea it is just a few paces from the pool. There are flowers everywhere and birds singing in the trees. Our room was kept beautifully clean and every day we had orchids left on our bed.
The lovely Thai ladies who give the massages are fantastic. We started having a massage every 2nd day and then ended up having one every day - sheer bliss and very reasonable.
The resort is lovely and quiet and away from the hustle and bustle, but if you want to go into Chaweng for shopping or nightlife then there is a free Return Shuttle Bus every hour which can drop you off at other locations on the way which is great. For active teenagers, young adults and party goers the atmosphere may be a too quiet especially if you are looking for non-stop fun with others of your age group, but for anyone looking for a relaxing getaway this is the place for you.
We met several couples that had been coming to this Resort for many years and after our stay we can certainly see why they would return. We only have one fault and that was that our stay was not long enough!!
When we left, so many of the staff from Managers, Reception Staff to House Maids and other guests came to say Goodbye and there were a few tears shed as we left. Yes, we will definitely return to this Paradise by the Sea. We are counting the days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Low rise, Thai style, landscaped garden, unspoiled beach, warm clear waters of the South China Sea; 12 km from Phangah Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Paradise Beach Koh Samui
- Paradise Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand