“so exciting”
Review of Canopy Adventures

Canopy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: The first Cable Ride in Asia, and one of the most visited attractions in Thailand - Fly through the little-seen and exquisitely unspoiled rainforest interior of Koh Samui, zipping on a cable high above the jungle through to the Secret Waterfalls!
Reviewed 21 March 2014

this is the first time ive ever done a zip wire....and OMG what adrenalin. we were picked up and dropped off at our hotel in a comfy [untill we reached the bumps and hills but then nothing would be comfy with them] 4WD, taken into the "jungle" we were fitted with our harnesses which looked in very good working order, gloves look the worse for wear but still did the job fine.

walked up the steep incline to get to the top of the hill to start the trip down, i was so nervous to start with but the two guides with us really put me at ease, once completed the first one i couldnt wait to try more, the buzz you get from this is great, and the guides were so funny and really made the activity.

im sure health and safety in the UK or worse belgium would have a field down with activities like this but we felt completely safe....even if some of the platforms did wobble, at no time did i feel at risk even though we were high up and sailing over rocks and trees, the view was pretty amazing.

can not fault this day out at all

Tip....wear comfy shoes, few people had flip flops on, how on earth they kept them on whilst sailing thro the air i never know.
dont forget your camera/go pro and at times give it to the guides as they do amazing filming with them

There are newer reviews for Canopy Adventures

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My friend and I are two NZ girls in our twenties who did this today and absolutely loved it! It was 1500 baht each, we booked the day before (there are 4 times/day you can do the tour) and got picked up in a 4WD from our resort right on time. The last part of the drive was very steep and bumpy but the driver knew what he was doing. It's followed by a fairly steep hike, we skipped up this in sub 10 mins as are both quite fit. There are guide ropes to use in the tougher parts.

The equipment was very safe and the platforms weren't exactly made of concrete but were adequate. The guides were hilarious, very friendly helpful and knowledgable. They took heaps of videos and photos on my iPhone which they used very well... These turned out great.

The actual ziplining itself is so much fun and not scary at all! There's fresh fruit and a place to wash your hands at the end, the staff set up a hammock for you to relax in while you wait for the car to arrive (we got to sit inside the vehicle both times I should mention). They said it would be a 20 minute wait for the car and that was true.

Overall awesome experience. a fun activity and a beautiful serene place... Just remember to wear closed shoes, wear insect repellant and bring a camera and money to tip the deserving staff :)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was at Koh Samui during the wet & rainy season. But the weather cleared for 1 day for me to go to canopy adventures:

Pros:
1) Super adventure that should be tried if u r here
2) good customer service & warm experience
3) many different types of runs & difficulty

Cons (not about canopy adventure but weather)
1)Do not travel to koh samui during the wet season - it was raining everyday & there were floods: I cut short my trip & return to Bangkok asap & onwards to Pattaya where it was sunny!!!
2) the hotels & travel agents were very shrewd telling me that all ferries were canceled due to the rain BUT the ferries were still in operation: they were lying & trying to get me to stay in koh samui longer!!!!

Advice: if your hotel or travel agent says there's no ferry - because of tide/weather or that they are fully booked, check around for the truth.

1  Thank konstandy
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We got picked up in an open back truck which in itself was an adventure seeing the back streets of Chaweng and Koh Samui. The guides were tremendous and very comical. It is quite a walk up to the first station but that is all part of it! Great views.

1  Thank twinAbuDhabi
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Spent a few hours here on New Year's Eve
Just getting there was an adventure on the bAck of a pick up, off roading and Thai driving
There is a difficult hike up to the first wire (45 yrs old and puffed me out ) but after that it was brilliant fun
Super friendly staff and me and my 14 yr old daughter loved it. Good for younger kids as well
Try it you won't regret it