“Very pleasant and excellent food”

ZENZIBAR Beach Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 96 Restaurants in Mae Nam
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A small restaurant lay in the middle of the clean and uncrowded of Maenam beach, close to the sea and you can feel the sand on your feet.
LONDON
“Very pleasant and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Extremelly good restaurant on the beach, the kids loved it and service is fully personalized. We had 4 starters, the little spicy Coconut soup is just amazing, spring rolls were up to the mark and the caramari were good.
I would advise the big prawns (salt / peper) and the curry lobster were delicious. Moreover, we were offered ice creams for the kids , of course nothing is expensive in offering children an ice cream, but how many restaurants I have been across Europe & the US (here I am pointing the touristic places), and rarely have been offered such good service in a touristic area. The Owner Sarayuth is very professional and suggested to drive us back to the hotel, with a stop to buy some delightful mangos and pineapples.
As someone else mentioned in the previous reviews, the owner had nicely requested to put a review on how the dinner was, but then everyone is free to put whatever he wants to put. If the dinner had been bad, trust me I would not hesitate to put the real facts.
Some of the travellers who badly noted this restaurant, my wife was very surprised when we got back home to read it, but all of man's taste is in the nature, we like the majority of the people LOVED it ...
We would recommend all of the travellers to visit the place, but give the owner a call beforehand to pick you up or explain to the taxi driver how to get there, at least till the small bridge as my kids were a bit scared to cross the "small" jungle at dark night without any light.

1 Thank IRC L

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“zenzibar restaurant, Maenam beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Excellent location on the beach in Maenam down a bumpy road however well signposted. Good menu and food, will definitely return

1 Thank Steve R
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing restaurant with beautiful food ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

A lovely little restaurant serving delicious Thai food with a smile. We trekked to Zenzibar from the ferry for an hour long stop before leaving for the airport. As we traipsed in the setting sun across 1km of sand weighed down by huge backpacks, we wondered whether it would be worth it: it certainly was!
The wide, long beach has a Mediterranean atmosphere, with Zenzibar offering a handful of blue table clothed tables in the sand, overlooking Koh Pangnang.
The food was wonderful: very fresh flavours, and an offering of all the classics.
One member of the family (plus young son and baby!) drove us to the airport afterwards: we felt so welcome.
I do recommend!

1 Thank Charlotte E
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Heavenly place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

From arriving to leaving we loved every minute of our time here. The gardens you walk through on arrival are breathtakingly beautiful. I can still feel myself gasping !! The food is very, very yummy and beautifully presented. I loved the Thai dancing and music. The whole ambiviance of the Restaurant, perfect!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rosesinposies
Ko Samui, Thailand
“my favorite thai food in samui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

My friend & I ride a moto from chaweng and walk for 500m to get zenzibar. We ordered a seafood package for 2 and ask yuth to choose the best way to cook, all the dishes are sooooooo wonderful and fresh! thx yuth♥I'll be back!

1 Thank ALICIALU