Amarin Samui Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Santiburi Koh Samui(Mae Nam)
Maenam Resort(Mae Nam)
View Hotel
Maenam Buri Resort(Surat Thani)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbudget hoteldvd playerwould stay againtop floorthe main roaddeluxe roomswimming poolstayed for nightschawenggyms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My girlfriend and i stayed here for 3 weeks in december 2011 her first time in Koh Samui/Thailand so she was'nt sure what to expect.I myself have stayed at the Amarin Victoria many times and have always been extremely satisfied. The hotel itself is very clean with a minimalistic feel which works very well. The staff are warm and friendly with a good sense of humour. Our room was a decent size with balcony, walk in shower, bath, massive bed plus everything else you would expect from a great hotel such as this. Its situated in Mae Nam a quieter part of samui all be it apart that offers plenty. The beach, gym, 7/11, bars, resturants, chemist are all but a short walk away. Check out fishermans village for a good night out, getting there is easy and inexpensive just flag down a baht bus they run past the front door. To sum it up the amarin victoria is fantastic value for money... My girl and i will most definatly be back in the near future if not sooner.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank wayne r
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My boyfriend and i booked into the Amarin Victoria for 1 week and ended up staying for 3! other reviews have said that the hotel is cold and industrial looking and felt unwelcoming - this could not be further from the truth! yes, the hotel is minimalistic in design but we could not have been given a warmer welcome.
Whilst Mae Nam is not the busiest resort to stay, there is still plenty to do within walking distance of the hotel. The beach is just a short walk and much quieter than in other areas. Also, some great restaurants and bars that are worth a visit. You will find whatever you need close by (car/bike hire, Gym, massage, laundry, pharmacy, 7/11) We found this hotel a good base for whatever we wanted to do. We had our own transport for some of our stay but for the rest of the time we found it really easy to get around, either by baht bus or taxis. just make sure you agree the price before you get in :)
Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. We were provided with fresh water, towels, tea/coffee daily. Beds changed daily also, unless you requested otherwise. Also provided with robes - which i lived in while i was in the room!
The staff were always on hand and willing to assist with anything. Krist and Lyn (manager) speak excellent English and can always be found if you require something.
The pool area is quiet and comfortable if you do not want to venture out to the beach to sunbathe. i would go up to the roof in the morning while my boyfriend was at the gym and i found it very peaceful and comfortable: great for sunbathing! nice to get your drinks and bar snacks brought up to the pool area. The Burgers and sandwiches were good for a snack during the day.
All rooms have a dvd player with a catalogue of dvds which you can go and get from reception. i used to take a film up with me to the room when we came home to watch in bed. there is wide choice, so something to suit everybody - thought this was a nice touch.
The bar/lobby area has a large screen where my boyfriend was happy to watch the football and have a few drinks. Although we did not use the restaurant for breakfast, we did try some traditional Thai dishes in the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the food. .
i would definitely recommend this hotel and hope that i will return for another visit in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fran h
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We Booker this hotel as a Part of our roundtravel in South Thailand. On all Websites we Found nice pix and good recommendations, but when we arrived, we were shocked.

First of all, the "Resort" is Not One, it is strange backyard hotel, with the Front entrance at the Dirty and very loud Main Street. Rooms are very tight and require a refurbishment. At all Levels except the Lobby you find yourself in 30 degrees C and the rooms smell like a chinese laundry.

Staff Tries To Be friendly, but the hotel generally has a very Cold and abandoned atmosphere. We felt Lost and uncomfortable and Left After the 1st Night, although 3 were already Paid!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Worldcitizen_12
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My girlfriend and i returned to this wonderful,warm hotel for the 3rd time in 4 years and always it was a warm,friendly,kind,clean, professional establishment owned and run by the amazing Krist and his amazing general manager Lyn.
Any desires,wishes you require they provide and have the most wondeful, caring staff that reflects the management and the hotel.
If anyone reading this wants a wonderful holiday on the beautiful island of Koh Samui then i recommend the Amarin Victoria....you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank muse68
ManageressLyn, General Manager at Amarin Samui Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2011

Dear Muse68,

On behalf of Amarin Victoria Resort, Koh Samui, Krist and I would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback and always support us. your kind compliment would be a valuable encouragement for our staff to maintain the quality service and facilities.

We wish our hotel could be like your second home for your holidays or vacation.

We are looking forward to render our best services to you and your girlfriend in the near future again.

Best regards,

Lyn
Manageress

Reviewed 6 July 2011

I stayed here for three nights whilst on the island for my friends wedding. I booked the hotel the day before, believing it to be cheap and cheerful.
On arrival I was amazed at the size of my room, it was huge and the staff had put pretty flowers everywhere in the room.
I was given fresh fruit and water everyday and free films to watch as and when.
The pool is upstairs on the roof and in the three days I was there I only saw one family there.
It was like having the place to myself, after spending six nights on Ko Pang Yang this was like paradise to me.
Yes I agree it is not in the busiest parts of the island, but I found plenty to do and the food stalls around served lovely food - as did the restaurant.
There are also bars just down the street from the hotel and the beach is pretty close as well.
I would most certainly stay here again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank lisalou30
ManageressLyn, Manager at Amarin Samui Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Dear LisaLou30,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are glad to hear that you had a great time in Koh Samui, especially, during your stay at our hotel.
We hope the Free-DVD-movies and private rooftop swimming pool could give you the most peacefulness and relaxing. All of your feedback would keep us improve our quality service to make the guests feel comfortable like staying at home.

You are always welcome back in the near future.

Best regards,