“Paradise found”

Fair House Villas & Spa
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We're back in cold and wet England and the balmy heat of Thailand is a beautiful memory . Our arrival at Fair House was greeted with traditional Thai courtesy from all the reception team and we were offered a cold drink and a cool place to sit while we filled in the registration. Then off to our beautiful garden villa by golf buggy. A large, airy and beautiful bungalow with a view of the beach. We upgraded to a pool suite which was fabulous. I can't recommend the hotel and the staff enough, they went the extra mile to make our stay completely pleasurable. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were happy to help. Restaurant can be a little quiet some nights but we went to the Fishermans village quite a lot and there's so much choice there. Breakfast was bountiful and the view from the restaurant gorgeous . Roll on next year ! I'll be back .

Room Tip: Check out your room location as some are very high up the hillside. Great views but oxygen masks are...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanieg1090
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Dear Jeanie,

Thank you for staying at Fair House Villas & Spa and thank you for this kind review. I am thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed your time with us and your kind words about our staff make me very proud. I know that our staff really enjoyed getting to know you both during your time here and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back again next year. In the meantime, we wish you all the best.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I am writing this review right from my balcony of the suset suite of the hotel in the mid-time of our stay. We booked a garden villa and upgraded to the jacuzzi room right after arrival. Our room (115) has a amazing view over the hotel's garden, the sea and the most perfect sunset. The room is spacy and offers a large full fitted bathroom, tv, DVD with Dolby surround sound, minibar and a balcony with a private jacuzzi. It is well cleaned every day and in good condition, as well as everything else in the hotel.

Staff, specially the ladies at the front desk, are very friendly and always very helpful. English is no problem.

The bungalows of the hotel are located in an dense tropical garden with gives the hotel it's special atmosphere. A highlight is the pool area. It is not very crowded these days and a good place to relax. Most of the guests seem to be couples, there are only a few children around. As there is no animation or anything else, it is always calm.

As others stated before, the beach directly in front of the hotel is a bit small. We find this is not a fail at all. You always find a nice place under a palm tree and it is absolutely nice and well cleaned.

If you want to have "more action" there is a free shuttle service to Chaweng several times a day. If you want to go by taxi at any time it is about 300 baht, which is a also acceptible price.

We have been to Chaweng beach once and have been happy to return to our "private beach" afterwards.

There are some shops at the main street which about 500 meters from the hotel. The front desk staff was always happily willing to bring us there in a golf cart.

Fair house villas & spa is the perfect hotel for anyone who wants to have a relaxed holiday, is not missing animation and is able to organize his day trips on his own, if wanted.

I will continue my review after the end of our stay. So far this hotel gets my personal 5 stars!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andre B
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We spent our honeymoon here and loved every bit of it. We had one of the pool villas. The room was spacious, clean and lovely. The hotel is at par with five star resorts. The service was friendly. The staff were very helpful and really helped make our stay fun and comfortable. The food was great. Hotel service and hospitality was excellent and would respond quickly to any phone requests. The resort is amazing with lots of greenery an small wildlife creatures. The restaurant serves amazing thai food and a yummy.

1  Thank KaranKapoor
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2013

Dear KaranKapoor,

Thank you for this kind review and for spending your honeymoon with is.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that you liked our food, service, vegetation and of course your room. It is great that you felt we were on par with five star resorts. We always aim to exceed expectations and we are happy we succeeded doing so for you.

Again thank you for your feedback. It was great to have you here and we hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Koh Samui.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Our experience was an extremely pleasurable one. Upon our arrival at the Hotel, we were very pleased to see that it was exactly as one would want if one wanted to experience an "Asian Flair". That is to say, it wasn't a steel and concrete edifice with hundreds of guests at one time. The reception staff was very helpfull and seemed genuinely happy to have us. Our Bungalow was clean and although the furniture wasn't "brand new", it was in very good shape and well maintained. The bathroom was spacious, clean, professionally maintained and well lit.

The pool and beach area was compact, well maintained and very clean. The Restaurant and Bar area was exactly what one would dream of to design for private use. The staff there was always pleasent, friendly, courteous and professional. I would rate them as an "A". Although the food was very good, after two weeks, I was ready for another cuisine.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Fair House Villas & Spa for anyone who wants to sit back, relax and just forget about the daily stress. It is not a "Party Hotel" nor did it seem to have a childrens program, nevertheless, it has other amenities that truly give meaning to the term "vacation".

1  Thank Mark C
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Dear Mark,

Thank you for coming to stay with us over Christmas and thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you and Eva enjoyed the “Asian flair” and peaceful atmosphere of our resort. Our aim is exactly that, to create the ideal setting for our guests to relax and recuperate from a busy life at home. I am happy that we were successful in doing so for you. Most of all I am glad to read your kind feedback on our staff members, who are always doing working hard to ensure the comfort and happiness of our guests.

It was a great pleasure to have you here and we enjoyed getting to know you during your stay. I hope your restaurant is doing well. We are looking forward to staying in touch and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

My wife and I celebrated our honeymoon in Thailand, and chose to stay at Fair House Villas & Spa during our stay in Koh Samui. I'm glad we made that decision for several reasons:

1. From the wait-staff at the restaurant to the management-staff and everyone else we encountered, the employees of the resort were all approachable, accommodating, and friendly.
2. Location is great if you want to be 10 minutes away from the action, but not in the midst of 20 year old party-goers who listen to techno for 6 hours straight. In other words, it's a few miles from the craziness but that's not a bad thing.
3. Our villa had a great view of the mountains, ocean, and resort. It seemed that many of the villas had a similar view.
4. Great pool with easy beach access
5. Clean rooms with all the necessary amenities.

We had a great time celebrating New Year's Eve at the hotel and got to meet the owner as well. Very nice guy with a kind heart who cares about the guests that stay at his resort. This is a great place for honeymooners and family-goers alike. I highly recommend Fair House Villas & Spa.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
FairHouseVillas, Manager at Fair House Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear Sid M,

Many thanks for your kind review. Your kind words are much appreciated and we are glad you enjoyed the service, location and of course your room. We are glad you decided to include Samui in your honeymoon destinations so we got the chance to meet with you and your wife. It was a great pleasure for the whole team to have you here. It was also great fun celebrating NYE with you guys and we are glad you enjoyed it as well.

We sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcome you back some day in the future. In the meantime we are looking forward to staying in touch with you and we wish you a prosperous and successful year 2013 at home in San Francisco.

Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a garden villa - the room needs some fixing. There was mold in the bathroom. The only closet was in the bathroom which is not a great idea. The restaurant food was a bit overprised and not that great in my opinion. The gym had very limited equipment and the treadmills were broken. However, the territory of the hotel is great - a lot of greenery, nice beach.it's a good idea to rent a motorbike.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear ddoorryy,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your helpful feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed the garden areas and vegetation of our property, but I am deeply sorry that you experienced mold in your bathroom, which is obviously unacceptable for our standards. I would be very interested to know which room you stayed in, so I can follow up and make sure this problem has been taken care of. Please feel free to contact me at om@fairhousevillas.com.

Our fitness center is currently being renovated and new machines are being installed, so the fitness offer at the moment is unfortunately not what some of our travelers might expect. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment as a result of this.

Again many thanks for your helpful feedback. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again someday.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I'm very very happy with my stay here for 4D3N with my business partner and their spouses. Front desks were expecting me even before i ask them anything... concierge service is very helpful and very resourceful as well. Room is marvelous with individual pool and total privacy. Love it here and highly recommend to all my friends ..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Fish_1705,

Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled that you and your friends had such a nice time at our resort and that you enjoyed your pool villa as well as the attentiveness of our service staff.

Your recommendation is much appreciated. It was a great pleasure having you here and we hope to have the chance to welcome you and your friends back again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mae Nam
Code
Code
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort

Been to Fair House Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!