“Great stay and great service”

Fair House Villas & Spa
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked 5 nights here although only stayed for 4 due to going to the full moon party one night. We were taken to our room which was nice and had a lovely view from the balcony, although it was up quite a steep hill. Unfortunately we weren't aware of the pool being renovated. My husband spoke to reception and we were able to be upgraded to a pool villa. It was smaller than the previous room, but it was brilliant. The bed was nicer and the bathroom was more spacious and it was a much better walk to the beach and restaurant and of course we had our own pool. The noise from the pool renovations was minimal. We ate the restaurant a couple of times for lunch and dinner and found it very pleasant. The hotel were excellent at arranging taxis whenever we needed one. We ate out in Fisherman's Village one evening, which was our best meal out whilst in Samui. The hotel also have a free shuttle service to Chaweng at various times of the day, which is a nice idea. There is also a free shuttle to their sister hotel whilst the pool is being renovated, but I imagine their own pool is finished now.

We were able to arrange transfers in advance to and from the airport for 500 baht each way. I found the taxi service the hotel provided good, but expensive, although it cost no more than what the general taxi price seemed to be. I think 300 baht for a 5 minute journey a bit steep, compared to the rest of Thailand anyway.

We used the shuttle to Chaweng one day and were very grateful to be staying at Fair House. although it isn't really within walking distance of any restaurants or shops, it was very peaceful compared to the hustle and bustle of Chaweng.

I have only rated the sleep quality as average due to being woken up by the constant thunderstorms!

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I could not have asked for more than fair house villa for my honeymoon.
I booked it online and arrived to koh samui by train n taxi n ferry n taxi from bangkok to fair house. It was tiring journey but the moment me n my wife stepped out of taxi n walked to the reception, we were rest assured that it was not too much to reach here.
Amazing resort, friendly staff, good food, and best part was the view from our room. Calm n serene, place is quite away from the regular hustle bustle but not more than 20 minutes to chaweng market which can b reached by free shuttle or hired bike from the resort itself. Ofcourse bike was more fun.
Day tour we took from the tour shop in chaweng. Island tour we did ourself on rented bike.
We liked to spend more time in the resort itself as the pool n the beach n the bar n the botanical garden were enough to keep us hooked in there.
Except for one mishappening which was actually quite sad event for me n my wife was that i lost my wedding ring inside the room itself n was not able to get it even after the housekeeping staffs cleaned the room. I was sure that the ring is in the room but housekeeping staff denied of any such ring being found.
Rest every moment is gonna b the perfect honeymoon memory that me n my wife will cherise forever.
Hope to return back to fairhouse n next time with friends n family :)
Have a great funfilled vacation in samui !!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for three nights and the rooms and staff were fantastic. Enjoyed the private beach and free use of the snorkelling equipment. The pool is currently out of order which we were unaware of until we arrived but with the beach in the resort this was not a problem. Would definitely go back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Booked two bedroom suite for overnight stay en route to Koh Pha Ngan. We didn't want to leave. The grounds and rooms are perfect, staff friendly and helpful, food delicious. Great location on lovely beach. Will return for longer stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stay here 12 nights and I can say everything was perfect! We love the room(210),the bed was big and comfortable,bathroom was very nice...we got everything we need!

The pool was ok (need some improvement) but it's still good!

Restaurant it's very nice.nice live music every night.food was ok,a bit expensive for what you can get in city!

Place it's perfect for chill,but also with their shuttle bus for city(witch it's for free 2 times per day) you can find also the party if that it's what you want!

If you try to meet here the luxury,it's not your place...if you try to feel like home but in same time to have the paradise view and relaxing it's just perfect!

The staff it's amazing...they make you to feel you are special,they smile all the time,they look like waiting for you to ask for something,and they are very happy to help you with everything they can! Thank you guys for all of you,nice to meet you and hope see you soon!

Special thanks to Air!see you soon my friend!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Its been a long time since I was there but I've only just realised I never wrote a review.

This place is great. From the moment we arrived, nothing was too big an issue for the staff to take care of.

Our room was one of the sunset villas and happned to be right on the corner so it didnt have the bushes and trees blocking out the views - which were superb. Sitting on the terrace at night watching the sun go down was fantastic. I could have stayed forever.

The pool area you cant fault. This was always clean, less the odd flower that had fallen into it but the staff were cleaning it morning and night so at least they were fresh if there were any at all. The pool bar was fantastic, the 'happy hour' servces 2 for 1 on cocktails and this wastaken advantage of every day.

Breakfast was beautiful. Sitting just off the beach, the sound of waves slowly lapping the beach is one of the best ways to start a morning.

This is all I can really remeber so sorry that its a bit vague. Definitely worth a visit if you're heading that way!

Thanks again Fair House

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DerekDavidson
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We came for 2 nights and booked 10 days more.....since we felt so comfortable in this hotel.
It is a small hotel, at least it felt so and therefore the service is friendly and personal. The garden villa was great, well furnished in Thai style which was very classy. Later we got an upgrade to the Deluxe room with seaview and jaccuci, very nice as well!! Rooms are more spacios but you need to be in shape for climbing the stairs......however you can get a ride by golfcars which will drive you.
We celebrated our 2 years anniversary of our marriage and the hotel experience mgr. Air added a personal fantastic surprise by decorating our bed with rosebuds and a weddingcake, so nice!!
If we come again to Koh Samui, we will choose Fairhouse Villas again.

Room Tip: We stayed in both type of rooms. Garden Villa is nice and close to the beautifull pool. Most Deluxe...