We booked 5 nights here although only stayed for 4 due to going to the full moon party one night. We were taken to our room which was nice and had a lovely view from the balcony, although it was up quite a steep hill. Unfortunately we weren't aware of the pool being renovated. My husband spoke to reception and we were able to be upgraded to a pool villa. It was smaller than the previous room, but it was brilliant. The bed was nicer and the bathroom was more spacious and it was a much better walk to the beach and restaurant and of course we had our own pool. The noise from the pool renovations was minimal. We ate the restaurant a couple of times for lunch and dinner and found it very pleasant. The hotel were excellent at arranging taxis whenever we needed one. We ate out in Fisherman's Village one evening, which was our best meal out whilst in Samui. The hotel also have a free shuttle service to Chaweng at various times of the day, which is a nice idea. There is also a free shuttle to their sister hotel whilst the pool is being renovated, but I imagine their own pool is finished now.
We were able to arrange transfers in advance to and from the airport for 500 baht each way. I found the taxi service the hotel provided good, but expensive, although it cost no more than what the general taxi price seemed to be. I think 300 baht for a 5 minute journey a bit steep, compared to the rest of Thailand anyway.
We used the shuttle to Chaweng one day and were very grateful to be staying at Fair House. although it isn't really within walking distance of any restaurants or shops, it was very peaceful compared to the hustle and bustle of Chaweng.
I have only rated the sleep quality as average due to being woken up by the constant thunderstorms!
I would definitely stay here again and recommend it. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair House Villas & Spa is a locally owned, romantic beach front resort that offers a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy areas of Koh Samui. In the lush tropical gardens you will find the airy and spacious traditional Thai-style bungalows that were carefully built to harmonize with their natural surroundings. The hotel offers six different room categories, all with private balcony or terrace, ranging from the Garden Villas to the exclusive Beach Front Villas, which feature private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fair House Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair House Villas Hotel Mae Nam
- Fair House Villas And Spa
- Ban Laem Sai Hotel
- Fair House Villas & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand