“Excellent in every aspect”

Fair House Villas & Spa
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Mae Nam
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Excellent in every aspect”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This was an excellent hotel - every detail was exceptional from the room quality (the Sunset Suite), the services, the hospitality and the location. Everything looked exactly like the pictures - if not better- and the resort was extremely peaceful on Mae Nam Beach, yet easily accessible. Could not rate this resort any higher!

We found the resort particularly quiet - which was a bonus (something this good can surely not be so quiet all the time), as well as the great food and drinks in both the restaurant and bars. This place was not exactly cheap but for the quality would not consider it expensive either - am very happy to recommend to all - until we return next time!

Room Tip: Sunset Suite was large, with a great balcony and view, not to mention the double spa bath overlookin...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZackWF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have stayed at Fair House Villas for two weeks together with my friend. I must say that the property exceeded all my expectations!
We have stayed at the Beach Front Pool Villa, which is simply amazing! You have your private pool (which we were using excessively), mini garden and the best sea view possible! The landscapes of the property are undeniably wonderful, they bring you to this "holiday mode" straight upon arrival. You feel the tranquility and full relaxation. For me personally, Fair House Villas was the perfect place to indulge myself with the paradise lifestyle during my well deserved time off from the hectic style of living back home.
Of course, this place wouldn't be so fantastic without people working there. I believe all of the staff members from pool guys to waiters and receptionists have this rare spirit of honest hospitality in their heart and soul.Everyone was extremely helpful (we asked for organization of transfers, island's trip, taxi, treatments in outside spa and suggestions of the places to go and things to do) and welcoming! They always had this genuine smile on their faces that brightens you from the inside.
I should mention the restaurant of the resort, which is truly epic! It has large selection of both national and European dishes, which are both delicious and surprisingly very good priced. Absolute highlight of my holiday were heavenly banana shakes and fresh coconuts!! These are THE two things that are worth to come back for!!
The overall atmosphere of the hotel is extremely relaxed, thanks to its location. However, once you feel like partying, shopping or exploring the island - it is not a big deal, you get to Chaweng center or fisherman's village in less than 15 minutes, which we found to be very convenient.
This hotel became my perfect escape point on this planet earth!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marina D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We booked 5 nights here although only stayed for 4 due to going to the full moon party one night. We were taken to our room which was nice and had a lovely view from the balcony, although it was up quite a steep hill. Unfortunately we weren't aware of the pool being renovated. My husband spoke to reception and we were able to be upgraded to a pool villa. It was smaller than the previous room, but it was brilliant. The bed was nicer and the bathroom was more spacious and it was a much better walk to the beach and restaurant and of course we had our own pool. The noise from the pool renovations was minimal. We ate the restaurant a couple of times for lunch and dinner and found it very pleasant. The hotel were excellent at arranging taxis whenever we needed one. We ate out in Fisherman's Village one evening, which was our best meal out whilst in Samui. The hotel also have a free shuttle service to Chaweng at various times of the day, which is a nice idea. There is also a free shuttle to their sister hotel whilst the pool is being renovated, but I imagine their own pool is finished now.

We were able to arrange transfers in advance to and from the airport for 500 baht each way. I found the taxi service the hotel provided good, but expensive, although it cost no more than what the general taxi price seemed to be. I think 300 baht for a 5 minute journey a bit steep, compared to the rest of Thailand anyway.

We used the shuttle to Chaweng one day and were very grateful to be staying at Fair House. although it isn't really within walking distance of any restaurants or shops, it was very peaceful compared to the hustle and bustle of Chaweng.

I have only rated the sleep quality as average due to being woken up by the constant thunderstorms!

I would definitely stay here again and recommend it. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I could not have asked for more than fair house villa for my honeymoon.
I booked it online and arrived to koh samui by train n taxi n ferry n taxi from bangkok to fair house. It was tiring journey but the moment me n my wife stepped out of taxi n walked to the reception, we were rest assured that it was not too much to reach here.
Amazing resort, friendly staff, good food, and best part was the view from our room. Calm n serene, place is quite away from the regular hustle bustle but not more than 20 minutes to chaweng market which can b reached by free shuttle or hired bike from the resort itself. Ofcourse bike was more fun.
Day tour we took from the tour shop in chaweng. Island tour we did ourself on rented bike.
We liked to spend more time in the resort itself as the pool n the beach n the bar n the botanical garden were enough to keep us hooked in there.
Except for one mishappening which was actually quite sad event for me n my wife was that i lost my wedding ring inside the room itself n was not able to get it even after the housekeeping staffs cleaned the room. I was sure that the ring is in the room but housekeeping staff denied of any such ring being found.
Rest every moment is gonna b the perfect honeymoon memory that me n my wife will cherise forever.
Hope to return back to fairhouse n next time with friends n family :)
Have a great funfilled vacation in samui !!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for three nights and the rooms and staff were fantastic. Enjoyed the private beach and free use of the snorkelling equipment. The pool is currently out of order which we were unaware of until we arrived but with the beach in the resort this was not a problem. Would definitely go back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Booked two bedroom suite for overnight stay en route to Koh Pha Ngan. We didn't want to leave. The grounds and rooms are perfect, staff friendly and helpful, food delicious. Great location on lovely beach. Will return for longer stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We stay here 12 nights and I can say everything was perfect! We love the room(210),the bed was big and comfortable,bathroom was very nice...we got everything we need!

The pool was ok (need some improvement) but it's still good!

Restaurant it's very nice.nice live music every night.food was ok,a bit expensive for what you can get in city!

Place it's perfect for chill,but also with their shuttle bus for city(witch it's for free 2 times per day) you can find also the party if that it's what you want!

If you try to meet here the luxury,it's not your place...if you try to feel like home but in same time to have the paradise view and relaxing it's just perfect!

The staff it's amazing...they make you to feel you are special,they smile all the time,they look like waiting for you to ask for something,and they are very happy to help you with everything they can! Thank you guys for all of you,nice to meet you and hope see you soon!

Special thanks to Air!see you soon my friend!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam
Sea Dance Resort
Sea Dance Resort
#6 of 187 in Bophut

Been to Fair House Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!