Just finished a great 4 night stay at Fair House and overall I was impressed by the natural beauty of the property, quality at this price point and the very friendly and spirited staff. My room was enormous and beautifully appointed with an extremely comfortable 4-poster bed and stunning views of the sea from the balcony. The landscaping includes many varieties of gorgeous orchids and other tropical plants as well as laden mango, bananna and passionfruit trees. I very much enjoyed the fresh salads and vegetable dishes especially knowing that many of the herbs and some produce is grown at their own garden. And the Thai dishes are especially yummy! The place is refeshingly quiet and my sleep was marvelous.
Come with a sense of humor because things don't always go as expected -- the power went out which cut off the water supply, the credit machine didn't operate, patchy wifi, missed wake up call, etc. The lavatory by the pool needs serious updating which I was told is in the works (a simple notice would be wise). The beach towels are quite stained and several of the lounge matts really should be replaced. If you want the amenities of a higher end hotel - bring your own for oddly, there is no soap or wash cloths for the shower/bath just a ceramic bottle of shampoo in the shower and one of hand soap on the sink. Fair House prides itself on being a Green Hotel but this was a bit austere.
In the room directory the first point is Amenities/Theft with several lines dedicated to what must be a serious issue for this particular property -- pilfering by guests of the towels, laundry bags, robes, etc. On the desk there is even a price list for all the "amenities" which if missing would be added to the guest's bill. While I understand this issue can be troubling -- it was unfortunate to have this be the very first item in directory.
The buffet breakfast is a nice array of fresh fruits (it's amazing how much effort is spent on the creative carving of fruit!), cereals, meats, cheeses, delightful fresh salads and eggs to order. With all this on offer, I don't know why Fair House would put out Tang-style orange juice and other sweetened juice drinks? Better to serve one good fresh juice than 4 mediocre.
Massages by the beach and a Thom Ka Colada overlooking the traquil sea. This is the place to forget about the outside world and just relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fair House Villas & Spa is a locally owned, romantic beach front resort that offers a relaxing atmosphere away from the busy areas of Koh Samui. In the lush tropical gardens you will find the airy and spacious traditional Thai-style bungalows that were carefully built to harmonize with their natural surroundings. The hotel offers six different room categories, all with private balcony or terrace, ranging from the Garden Villas to the exclusive Beach Front Villas, which feature private swimming pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fair House Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fair House Villas Hotel Mae Nam
- Fair House Villas And Spa
- Ban Laem Sai Hotel
- Fair House Villas & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand