Just came back from 4 days at the Samui Buri Resort, where we my husband and I stayed to break our trip from Europe to New Zealand. We found the resort very pretty. The lobby is spacious and beutifully decorated. The tropical garden is gorgeous and perfectly mantained. When we checked-in the staff were nice and helpful, they showed us both a villa and a pool-access room which we choosed as it seemed more private and quiet. It turned out that we were the only guests in that row of five rooms so it was even more private. We loved the room, which was very big and comfortable. The bed instead was rather small. We used the resort's spa for a massage and manicure and loved it, we also booked the thai cooking class - great experience and very useful if you love thai food! The chef who gave the class was amazing and took the extra time to answer all our questions. We both felt the resort could easily bocome a 5-star with some light renovations! There is only one thing that was really disappointing and that is the restaurant service. Although the breakfast was good, even if not excellent, our dining experiences (two lunches and one dinner) were mediocre, and not what we were expecting at all. Our dinner the last day was particuraly disappointing, the fish (which was the night's reccomendation) was very dry, and the whole dish lacked in taste, quality and quantity. The two lunches were also just avarege. We thought it was a real shame as the resort is otherwise very high standard. Finally, we thought it was a bit strange that who seemed to be the manager would wander around the resort giving instructions to his staff without welcoming or even acknowledging the guests. I would reccomend the Samui Beach Resort - but suggest to dine somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand