Having just finished 9 days at Samui Buri, I can honestly say we had an amazing holiday. That being said, there are a few improvements that should be made.
Firstly, there is no free wifi anywhere in the resort. There should at least be wifi in the lobby or other communal areas.
Secondly all the bathrooms need renovation. Not just in the rooms but in the restaurant and pool area.
Also, we noticed that most nights had a buffet in the restaurant. This normally wouldn't be a problem however we never saw any guests partaking therein. There appeared to be a large waste of food. We hope the food is given to staff to take home to avoid wastage.
We stayed in a villa and the rooms (especially the wooden wardrobe) smelled very musty. The outside appearance/setting of the villa was lovely, but furniture etc needs updating (we understand that it is a traditional theme, which is great. However some updating required). Also the air conditioning unit could only be on or off. Changing the temperature on the control panel didn't do anything. We were either too hot or too cold.
Having said all of this, the outdoor areas are stunning. The pool is absolutely amazing and the restaurant had some of my favorite thai dishes.
The poolside bar was great, and the staff were extremely friendly. We liked being away from the party areas however the twice a day shuttle service to chaweng was very useful.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and the above issues did nothing to detract from our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand