I don't understand any of the negative reviews about the Samui Buri. Perhaps they come from misconstrued ideas. I must admit I was hesitant about booking here due to some of the reviews on TA, but I can tell you they are not the true picture.
This was our first visit to Koh Samui, (we are Bali mad but thought we should try something different). there was nothing about Samui Buri that disappointed us. The staff were nothing short of excellent, especially the gorgeous girls that cleaned our room and turned it down in the evening - special thanks to Mia x.
We had a pool access room and that was worth its weight in gold to us. We stayed for 2 weeks and the first week was very busy and due to the "pool hoggers" we could never get a lounge in the shade at the main pool, so we opted for our pool. Had more success in the 2nd week we were there and enjoyed every minute of it. Management really should try to curb those pool hoggers!!
The rooms are large, spacious, and exceptionally clean. Yes, as other reviewers have mentioned, the bathrooms are dated, but they, like the rest of the resort are very, very clean, and you can see that they have been repainted. It is just the tiles and woodwork that is dated, and in a bathroom, this is to be expected.
While we never had dinner there, we had breakfast every day, several lunches, some room service and cocktails and beers etc around the pool. Was amazed at how inexpensive our bill was at the end of 2 weeks. Value for money without a doubt. Most of our meals were excellent, but none were that bad to complain about.
The location was somewhat of a disappointment to us, but that is not the hotels fault - that is ours for choosing this location. it is perfect for relaxing only, but we do like to get out and about and in hindsight wish we split our time between Samui Buri and either Bophut or Chaweng. As other reviewers have stated you can catch a ride in the buggy to the main road, which is a godsend as we found it sooooo hot!
In regards to the towels in the room and at the pool area - really? They were clean, and yes I admit a little dated, but heck they do the job and we are not paying for 5 star prices here, although the service is certainly 5 star! And yes they do not provide face cloths, but again, seriously is that such a big deal?
All in all we would NOT hesitate to return to the Samui Buri, and we congratulate management and staff on their exceptional service during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand