I thoroughly enjoyed the week I spent there doing a detox. It was my first time doing a detox so I was a bit unsure of how it would go. Overall it was a very positive experience for me, but not everyone staying felt the same way as it can be a little bit hit and miss at times. When I arrived Dr Manta was away and when she returned, she added the missing x-factor to the resort. Chris is fantastic and Elle is wonderful too as are all of the other staff. Don't be put off by the tone of the responses to some of the feedback on here - they're in no way indicative of the experience itself. There is a really nice atmosphere at the resort as everyone is there for similar reasons. I hope to visit there again in the near future. If you want a flash resort go somewhere else, but if you want a really thorough detox in a supportive environment give it a try.
Here are some tips that will make your stay easier: Read the website so you understand what is on offer before you get there and so you know what you want. Contrary to what the website says, if no one responds to your emails call them. Make sure you understand all of the aspects of the resort and what you can do there e.g. lymphasizing, the library, the zappers, etc. and if you don't, ask someone. Have an acupuncture/cupping session with Dr Manta. Do the liver flush in the middle of your detox not at the end and leave more than a day at the end of the fast so you're not getting on the plane the day after the liver flush. Consider staying 2-3 days after the detox, so you can eat and get things working again. Although the water is shallow and there are rocks not far off the beach, you can take one of the Kayaks out with someone and swim off the beach if you really want to go for a decent swim. Do the yoga everyday - it's challenging but great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Health Oasis Resort is located on a beautiful tranquil beachfront on the northwest side of Koh Samui. It specializes in detox fasting & weight loss programs since 1997 and offers one of the most sophisticated detox programs worldwide at budget rates. Is the only detox center in Thailand that is licensed by the Health Dept as a Traditional Medicine Hospital since year 2000. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Health Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Health Oasis Hotel Koh Samui
- Health Oasis Resort Ko Samui, Thailand