Review Highlights
Comfortable and Relaxing place for a snack or full blown meal.

Came here a couple of times during week in Aviemore. Had lunch one day and evening meal on another... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
David KM S
via mobile
Paddle boarding at Loch Insh

One of the best things here is that there is a small enclosed pool at the side of the lake where we... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
James W
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews water sports dry slope boathouse restaurant paddle boarding hot tub log cabin life jackets family holiday staff were very helpful and friendly day ticket home baking great fun lovely setting evening meal soups great instructor return visit
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Took my two sons and their families to Loch Insh and they booked a Family Day Ticket for £110, my more energetic Son got two Day Family Ticket for £170 saving him £50. They were on Kyaks, Canoes, Pedelos, they loved the Paddle Boarding and finished off the day with Mountain Biking. There is also a Dry Ski Slope

1  Thank jamesrP8690QM
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We went along to enquire about activities that would suit me and my 10 year old daughter. All the staff we met were very helpful and keen to ensure we booked something we would enjoy. We decided to book the hour paddle boarding session today.

Kenny looked after us getting ready and out on the water. Friendly, Good tips and guidance and made us both feel very confident. This was a first time for us and I was really keen that my daughter loved her first experience.

We both thoroughly enjoyed it and my daughter already wants to come back for more - so great job Kenny !

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Booked a lodge for my daughter and I and so far had a ball. Great location just 10 minutes away from Aviemore.
Being based on the banks of Loch Insh has been superb, brought our own canoe and mountain bikes and there are many natural trails right on your door step.
The weather has added to the trip 22 degrees most days. Cooling off in the loch is recommended after a day in the hills.
Lots of land and water based facilities on your door step.
Great if you want to have an active holiday. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 July 2018

Waited at the “wait to be seated” for the counter staff to look confused and then tell us to sit anywhere. To then sit for 10 minutes to finally get back up and ask for the menu, which the staff member said “ sorry I forgot” (it was not busy). Looking for cheap and easy for my 3 year old. Macaroni and cheese and maybe some chips for my wife and I.
No Mac and cheese... so fish fingers and a bowl of sweet potatoe ships and normal chips ordered.
When the order arrived the normal chips were forgotten about. But didn’t mention it as couldn’t be bothered.
THen waited for cutlery.... never came
Went and got that ourselves. Then went back up to get napkins
While there we just watched the other 3 groups of customers come and also be ignored, have menus not delivered and wrong orders taken.
Also no salt or pepper at the table nor was it clean. The dead flies in the window I can forgive for it’s location and time of year but they were mounting up.
While watching waiting staff spin their drinks trays in boredom and ignore the the customers we went up to the counter to pay the bill. As we were getting ready to leave packing up with our plates and bowls on the table a staff member come and gives us the menu. It was like it was everyone’s first day of training and the trainer forgot to turn up. This place has a monopoly over the loch and it could be a roaring success but it needs some form of manager and some serious staff training.

2  Thank Dom B
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We visit Scotland on a regular basis and this first and last visit to the Boathouse Restaurant does a great disservice to the great food and wonderful people we have met. Dreadfull food, indifferent service, Lack of menu knowledge. I have seen a review claiming this to be a great food and good value. Smoked Salmon, Smoked Trout open sandwich total junk, cold sandwich served on a hot plate??? The buildings served to my wife were a joke at the price. Asked what drinks available, server did not know. Place was untidy and grubby.

Now on to the dreadfull person who booked our boat trip, made no effort to tell us that a consesion price existed and when asked it was like Oliver Twist asking for more. The only upside to this was the young man who took the trip boat out. Make him the manager he is a star I only wish I could remember his name. The suggestion that the prices are representative of other local restraunts is an insult to those outlets.

2  Thank Exploration785652