“A Real Treat”
Review of Working Sheepdogs

Working Sheepdogs
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Kincraig
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We went to this sheepdog demonstration as part of a Rick Steve's Tour group and it was one of the highlights of our visit to Scotland. Highly recommended for all, especially school age children.

1  Thank MaturePilgrim

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I am so happy I had a chance to see Neil work his dogs and experience a true sheepdog demonstration. I've always wanted to see a sheepdog trial, but failing that, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth through experiencing the sheepherding demonstration on Leault farm.

Neil is very patient with questions and allows tourists to feed little lambs and hold the tiny sheepdog puppies.

I would do this tour again and again... highly recommend!

1  Thank poetesstx
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stopped at Leault Farms on a Sunday and absolutely LOVED the demonstration and activities. We saw a sheepdog demo with about 10+ dogs herding sheep and responding to calls. My daughter is apprehensive about dogs, but they were very friendly and didn't jump up, so she was fine. Then we saw Neil demonstrate hand sheering and got to try it (very easy). He brought out about 6 border collies that were very small and bottles of milk to feed orphan lambs. This is not a typical experience, so if you are able to get to the farm in the spring, especially, it is wonderful.

The drive to the farm is quite scenic along the A9. The farm is very close to the A9, just one turn down the drive (it really sneaks up on you) and then to a gate, so someone in the vehicle jumps out to open and close the gate. Then you park and watch the show out in the field. Bring boots (mud), jackets, and hand sanitizer (for after), and make sure to stop at a toilet before you arrive.

They charged less for children and also sold souvenirs - a book about the farm visit, keychain, etc. for very reasonable prices. They are NOT open Saturdays(only for big tour groups), and if you get to the 4 pm show a little late, you might be able to stay on for the second show(also looked like it was mainly for tour groups).

1  Thank NCLibrarylady
Reviewed 3 October 2012

children were fasinated watching the dogs work the sheep.Out door activeties are great for the whole family.

1  Thank SherwoodR123
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Very informative and the sheepdogs are amazing. Its easy to get to and you can park for free. We were able to handle the puppies which everyone loved.