“Excellent certification experience”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent certification experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband and I got open water certified with Native Spirit Scuba. Oscar was an excellent coach and took us on some great dives. I was terrified at first, but he made me feel very safe. I ended up loving it!

Visited December 2011

Belgium
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“exellent dive center, good equipment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I can not recommend Native Spirit Scuba, Adrian and his staff highly enough!! They took me on exciting trips to Hema I, Purple Rain, Bianca C and Kahonee. Saw my first rays, sharks and beautiful reefs (my first dives in the Caribbean, what can I wish more??!!!) Native Spirit Scuba has a comfortable boot. Adrian and his staff are very friendly and helpfull : they carried the equipment to the boot, helped me to put on/off the equipment and helped me to get on the boot again. I rented BCD and regulators and they were all in good shape and well maintained. Adrian can judge very well divers capacity and my weightbelt (thank you for that, Adrian!). I felt really in safe hands. His wife picked me up (and my husband and children) at our cottage, which was a great help because we didn't have a car and minibuses are not running frequently on Sundays. My husband and children, who stayed at the beach, could use Native Spirits toilet which was very handy. When I showed up last minute for two more dives but couldn't do them with Native Spirit Scuba because they planned a full day snorkling trip, Adrian arranged for me a trip with Devotion 2 Ocean. They were also good and friendly, but I prefered the big smile and smaller boot of Adrian.

Visited October 2011
Chicago, Illinois
268 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 216 helpful votes
“Great time with Native Spirit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

My sister and I were on a cruise where she learned how to snorkel so we booked a Native Spirit snorkel trip because of the excellent reviews here. Everything was true. They were wonderful. Adrian and Rahel picked us up and we went to Grande Anse Beach to pick up the rest of the group. The boat was perfectly clean and in great shape. Only 7 of us. Oscar helped fit my sister in a big life jacket to help her feel more comfortable. Very accomodating and friendly, especially Adrian.

We snorkeled 3 sites. The first was the sculpture garden which was just okay. One on the ship's excursions got there and it was crowded and the visibility was pretty poor from all the rain they had had.

The two sites were great! Lots of fish, we could close to nice coralheads teeming with life and I got to see a spotted drum. Always freak when I see them - they are such a lovely fish. Saw squid too who seemed very interested in us.

Oscar and Shama were great and the rum puch was very good!

Would use them again in a heartbeat!

Visited November 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“All fun above water, all business under water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

Someone hooked us up with Oscar and we are sure glad they did. Adrian and Oscar are great, fun on the run out but checking the computers and the divers constantly under water. We rented all the equipment and it was in good shape. The boat was larger than some others we looked at and comfortable. Really a well run operation, no fuss diving. There were two "groups" on our boat doing different dives and it was seamless. The others had been diving with them multiple times.

Rahel picked us up and we really enjoyed the ride and talking to her.

Visited September 2011
Sonora, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Super Scuba Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Adrian, the owner along with his staff were so very helpful, attentive and friendly. I did 2 tank dives on 3 different days. They were so accomodating and Adrian even offered to take us to Fish Friday. They took such good care of me, carrying all my dive gear, etc. I would highly reommend this dive shop.

Visited September 2011