This was my first time staying at the Radisson and was a little concerned with the number of negative reviews we read but as this was only a one night stay in transit to Carriacou I felt it was worth taking the chance as some of the more recent reviews indicated that improvements had been made.
Firstly I would like to add that I emailed management prior to travelling to have assurances that the number of concerns had been addressed but received no response. This wasn't the best start.
We were a large part of 18 travelling so you can understand I wanted some assurances as I had chosen the hotel.
To get the negative out of the way. The check in was somewhat chaotic as the price we were quoted on the UK website differed from the hotel rates. namely the cost included all local taxes. after some lengthy enquires by reception they agreed to honour the rate quoted on the website. As explained it was merely for 1 night and it took over an hour to check in after 12 hours of travelling this wasn't a good start.
the other negative - dinner. the menu wasn't extensive but the hotel wasn't full by any stretch but one of our party had to wait nearly 2 hours for her meal. Whilst the bar tender (the bar closest to the dining area) who was extremely good as the only person who seem to have an idea what was going on, we heard the altercation between him and the kitchen. This I felt was unprofessional and any dispute should be handled behind the scenes and not in view of the guests. There was no shouting or bad language but such discussions is best kept away from guests.
I would like to stress that this was after he called the kitchen for the umpteenth time to find out what had happened to the meal. The waitress had no clue! The bar tender is a real asset to the hotel as was able to deal with multiple requests from a very large party and it was the failure of his fellow colleagues that let him down. if he is not already, he should be trained in management. Good staff should always be developed and held onto. The rest of the staff although friendly would benefit from additional basic training.
The welcome drink at reception was a nice touch and appreciated for tired and weary travellers.
The rooms were close to the front desk as requested as we were only staying one night.
The rooms were clean, spacious and the beds comfortable.
The hotel called to make sure we were happy with the rooms and this was a really nice touch.
We received our wake up call as requested as an early morning flight for a few of us.
The rooms we had were directly on the beach which is lovely.
The bar area was nice and the entertainment good that night. The night we were there the bar closer to the beach made the best cocktails, sorry but true.
All in all I have to say that the hotel is a good 3 star but has potential of being a good 4 star, but they need to pull out all the stops.. The Radisson is getting there and I will definitely go back again.
Some of our party returned for another night on the way back to the UK to enjoy Grenada, so that is definitely a good sign.
If I was able to give a good rating I would but it is 'Good' but not yet 'Very Good'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the white sands of Grand Anse Beach, the beautiful Resort offers its guests uncompromising Radisson service and facilities. Wether strolling through the beautiful lush tropical gardens, relaxing in the Swimming Pools and Beachfront Bars, or keeping fit on the Tennis Courts and enjoying the Water Sports; our Team of trained staff will ensure your stay is relaxing and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Grenada Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grenada Grand Beach Hotel Grand Anse
- Grenada Grand Beach Resort
- Hotel Grenada Grand Beach
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort Grand Anse