“Beautiful Resort”

Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First of all, the entire property is absolutely beautiful!

Having said that, let me mention the one thing that I had a problem with, and that was the checking in process. It was too long and at times frustrating. Visitors had to fill out a form then get their passport photo page photocopied and wait in line while the receptionist checked them in. The process sounds simple enough, but this took quite a while!m

That was my only negative experience while I stayed there which was from 25 -29 May.

The rooms were spacious and always cleaned. The bed was big and comfortable; which allowed me to get a good night's sleep every night. There was also a desk which was ideal for getting work done if you had to work while there.

The staff in all areas if the resort were friendly and helpful. They always had a smile on their faces every time you encountered them. While I was there, I dined at Tradewinds restaurant for both breakfast and lunch. What scrumptious food! I enjoyed the selections every day. As always, the staff was attentive, pleasant and efficient. For dinner, I dined at Café Bamboo and Sunset restaurant. Again, the staff was very good to me. Special accolades to Desrey and Lucrezia. They were so lovely and efficient. The food was also great.

As is known, the resort is right on Grand Anse beach which is just lovely! If you're not a beach person, then there are lovely pools which you can choose from. One of them has a lovely waterfall!

Don't worry about your safety, as there are security guards on site who walk the grounds doing their checks.

In summary, I enjoyed my stay at Radisson and I would stay again if I had to visit Grenada.

I encourage the management to keep the standards high!

Room Tip: I was in room 405. It had excellent view of the grounds and very breezy!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Susan J
Richard M, Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2015

Good evening Ms Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a good comment about our Radisson Grenada Grand Beach. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time in our Resort.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Thanks
Richard Mathias
Brand Manager Radisson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,858)

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Grand Anse Beach, the location of the Raddison, is probaby the best beach on Grenada. The hotel has just undergone a very extensive remodeling and is beautiful. The restaurants, bars, pools and common areas are all in pristine condition. Service staff and housekeeping are very professional and helpful. There are no real negative to this resort, the Raddison is a serious contender, for the best in class among Carribean resorts.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

From what I was able to see of the Grenadian beaches, Grande Anse, which the Raddison is located on is probably the best Grenada has to offer. The hotel has just finished a complete remodel and is both functional and beautiful. Service is excellent, as is the housekeeping. I don't think You could check out of this hotel and not be impressed with the time spent there. The only negative I was able to come up with, was that the Sea Grapes won't be ripe for two weeks, which is two weeks after I checked out.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank george h
Georgette D, Manager at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear gorge h,

Thanks for recommending the resort to other prospective visitors and you can be assured that the team do look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful vacation at Radisson Grenada Beach Resort.

Hopefully the sea grape will be 'ripe' then!!!!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having traveled to Grenada many times, we were already aware of this hotels fabulous location, right in the middle of the best beach on the island, we booked this hotel,as it has one of the best pools. Even though other hotels had better reviews. Our main interest was it was right on the beach with great pools as we have two children 12 and 8 but we were pleasantly surprised by our room, although one of the cheaper garden rooms, it had just been refurbished with some nice contemporary furnishings. The hotel is gradually being updated, with most common areas complete. But for us it has been fantastic value for money. The hotel is not that busy and there are no other children, but that would be the same in most hotels here, they cater for couples, rather than families. We have eaten out most of the time as we always hire a car and visit family, but the few meals we have had here have been ok, but drinks expensive. Only 4 stars, because not geared up for families, but really beautiful stunning grounds and location.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms have a hammock outside as well
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Giselle M,

Thanks for the added motivation; the team is indeed over the moon to know that with the necessary improvements, we are able to satisfy the needs of our valued guests seeking a relaxing vacation in a warm friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel has a great location right on the beach. The beach is beautiful,clean and great to swim. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and accommodating
The restaurant is a disaster- we waited 2 hours for our food and no one seemed concerned. Not only was the service awful the food was the same.Too bad that the management is ignoring this as it would be a great thing to get great food in thi very nice hotel in a super location

Room Tip: Eat some where else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lunamoonModesto

Dear lunamoonmodesto,

Thanks for your review. We apologize for the service infractions encountered during your recent vacation. You can be assured that we are addressing these issues and are doing everything humanly possible to ensure that our team deliver exceptional service to all our guests. Should you be willing to give us a chance to appease you and to prove that we have improved our services to our valued customer; I will be more than happy to assist with making special arrangements for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here for like 3 nights 4 days. Things are very expensive at the resort. Cost you cheaper to go to the mall close by and other local restaurants etc.
Great location in terms of close to the airport and grocery store. Resort is on the beach which I consider to be one of the best beaches.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view room which is located on the west of the resort.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen_MDM

Dear Strphen_MDM,

Thanks for posting this review. We regret that you find things to be expensive as our prices are in line with the Industry prices. We are asking that should you be willing to give us a chance to appease you and to prove that we have improved our services to our valued customer; I will be more than happy to assist with making special arrangements for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Radisson for 6 days at the beginning of May. First, I will start by saying that Grenada is a beautiful island to visit. We also spent a day in Carriacou and the Tobago Cays on a tour. If you are looking for things to do, I would highly recommend it. Our trip would not have been the same without it. But, back to the Radisson.

Since we were there right after the end of high season, the hotel was fairly empty, which we were completely fine with since the weather was still amazing and it gave the small number of guests the run of the hotel. Overall, the hotel was very good: clean and fairly large rooms, gorgeous grounds with lush greenery, AMAZING BEACH, good restaurants, spacious pools (one with a waterfall) .... very nice and I would definitely recommend it.

Overall, we didn't really have much to complain about since it was one of the best vacations we've taken. (Again, this is mainly due to sailing in the Tobago Cays). But, here are a few things I noticed:

- Pool: When we did leave the beach to spend time at the pool, we were at the larger one with the waterfall. Very nice pool with plenty of lounge chairs. They also have hammocks and other cute outdoor furniture.

- Hotel Security: The hotel has security, which also will walk the grounds between the beach and the hotel. Given the low crime rate in Grenada, not sure they are needed. But at the very least it gives the guests a sense of security for potential guests that are concerned.

- Food Service: They do not have staff that walk the pool or beach to take food and drink orders. If you want something, you must walk to the bar (or swim to the pool bar). At other resorts I've stayed at, this is a given. (Especially because its a great way for the resort to make money.) I'm not sure if they can sell food on the beach, but they should definitely do it at the pool. You can still swim up to the bar or sit at the table next to the bar to be served. But it would have been nice not to have to get up ... we are on vacation, right? :)

- Restaurant Service: I found the service at the restaurants to be good, not excellent, but just good. On prior vacations at other resorts (granted not in Grenada), after about 2 days of consistently eating breakfast/dinner at the restaurant, the staff would begin to greet you by name and remember your likes. For example, I always order green tea at breakfast. At other resorts, as soon as you sit down, they would either bring out green tea or ask if you are having green tea as usual. This to me is excellent service. This didn't happen, even though we ate breakfast there every morning. Its not a deal breaker. Just something I noted that would have made the service memorable. They are still friendly and very helpful.

- Gift Shop: They do not have a gift shop, so if you forget or need something, you will have to walk across the street to the store. But, first check with the front desk. I had a headache from too much rum punch the night before, and the lobby staff kept a bottle of pain medicine. Problem solved!

- TV: For the US travelers, they do not have ESPN, which we only cared about because it was the NBA Playoffs. (I believe they have ESPN2 or ESPN News, but none of the major games are shown on those channels.) Management did say they were getting more sports channels, so they probably have it by now. (We just watched it on our iPad.)

- Free WIFI: They offer free wifi, which is great! Since I have an iPhone, I was able to text family/friends the entire time using iMessenger. I did find it to be a little spotty if you were on the beach directly in front of the hotel or by the pool. Not a deal breaker because its a vacation and you should check out from home. But it worked well most of the time.

- Beach towels: When you check in, you are given cards that are used to "check in and check out" beach towels. You give the cards to someone by the pool and if they are not returned, you are charged at check out. (They said this, but I didn't find this to be the case, since we never turned back in our cards.) The larger issue is that he ends his day at 4:30. So if you head to the pool or beach anytime after this, you cannot easily get a towel. Nor can you turn them in. We just left ours at the pool and ignored the card rule.

- Renovations: When we were there, the only renovation going on was to one of the bars. Not a concern at all and I believe they said it would be finished 2 days after we left.

Other tidbits:
- There is a restaurant a short walk up the beach called Umbrellas. (If you are facing the water, turn left and head up the beach.) We ate dinner here twice.

- Don't bother buying stuff from the spice market that is to the right of the hotel. They sell the exact same stuff at the airport and its cheaper.

- Try the french toast with nutmeg syrup. I discovered this my last day and wanted to kick myself for not eating it sooner.

In sum, I was going back and forth on whether I would stay at the Radisson the next time I come to Grenada. (I was so impressed with the island, I intend on returning.) Since it is the first hotel I stayed at, I would be up for trying other hotels to make sure I know that this is the best hotel for me. But, as far as Grand Anse beach, this seems to be the best hotel for value and amenities. (See Free Wifi above.)

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. They have private lounge chairs right on the grass outside the slidi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ast_18

Dear ASt_18,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post such a detailed review. We are happy that we were able to meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the service issues you experienced. The management is looking into each area of concern, and we will be rectifying all deficiencies in order to provide a better experience to our guests . Thanks for recommending the resort to other prospective visitors and you can be assured that the team is committed to ensuring that your next vacation with us will be an enjoyable one.
The month of September will be dedicated to all "Repeat" guest to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort. Looking forward to seeing you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Anse
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
#3 of 11 in Grand Anse
Spice Island Beach Resort
Spice Island Beach Resort
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse

Been to Radisson Grenada Beach Resort? Share your experiences!