“Home away from Home”
Review of Siesta Hotel

Siesta Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Grand Anse
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Siesta Hotel is a wonderful place to stay. It is quiet, clean, comfortable and within walking distance of shops, restaurants and the beautiful beach of Grand Anse. On site is a restaurant that has amazing help and food. We would only stay in this location if and when we return.

We actually booked and stayed 2 nights in another location on the beach and was so disappointed we checked out early and returned to the Siesta.

In need of a taxi while in Grenada... ask for Milo. He is well known, knowledgeable, reasonably priced and will take very good care of you and your family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J-Lynn16

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I arrived at 8pm and was met by the place in darkness and a sign saying ring this number for help.A guy appeared and showed me to my room.The place was deserted and they do not have bar or restaurant in the night.I couldn't even get a bottle of water.
It is a long and dark walk to any shop or restaurant so come prepared or rent a car.
They do have a small snack bar that opens for breakfast and lunch but it closes at 3pm.
It is very over priced.I had egg bacon and hash browns and it cost US$18 and was very greasy .
The rooms are fine for the price and have fridge,iron and tv but only 6 channels.
There is a pool but you are a long walk from the Grand Anse beach and the sea views are far in the distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NEILCAntigua
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed here with two friends in March 2013. We were diving and didn't want the expense of a beachfront hotel. The Siesta was comfortable and an easy walk to the beach and restaurants. Bed was quite comfortable, and the pool and pool area was very nice. On site restaurant had excellent breakfasts and lunches - not open for dinner, unfortunately.. My only complaints are that the water views from the room terraces are barely there, at least if you're in the back building, and it took a couple of phone calls to get our toilet to work properly, and even then it took some jiggling of the handle.

Room Tip: If a water view matters, ask specifically about it. We saw a bit of the ocean. View of the trees a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed here while on a diving trip rather than pay the resort prices at the hotel where the dive shop was located. Let's just say it straight up. The Siesta Hotel is not a five star hotel. It is simple and clean. The bed was comfortable and the location was quiet. That met my needs and I was happy with it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Good budget nice hotel . Room very clean, air contidion perfect , big bathroom. Location is fantastic , few minutes from the beach . Is the ideal place for sleep and save some money. Recommended for people who want to rent a car and visit the whole island . Another plus , you can use the pool and beach chairs from the partner hotel Allamanda.

Room Tip: Have a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xabuep T
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Some staff were really helpful and didn't mind helping with spoons and extra time to check out. Menu could have been more exciting and the drinks were quite expensive considering the same things down the road in the mall were far cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My brother and I decided to get a room at Siesta for one night because we were catching the osprey (boat /shuttle) to carriacou . Once in the room I decided to go online and check my email through siesta's wifi and I booked a night at the grenadian as well for our return from carricou. Someone at this hotel tried to access my email as well as my work email address. I now have to have my credit card information changed in case they can figure out how to pull up my numbers and csv. I have the proof that both emails were locked due to failed logins from Grenada west indies on monday afternoon . My brother and I were in Carriacou that day and yahoo sent me a text notifying me off my account being locked.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Patrik J
NimaAnvar, Manager at Siesta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Since my initial response, I have come to understand that our wireless internet is a public network. It is very similar to a network that you may find in an airport, restaurant, or any other public place. Once you are connected to the network, your computer will be accessible to others who are on that network. This is why it’s very important for you to make sure that your computer has a firewall installed. Without it, you are vulnerable to being hacked by someone who is internet savvy and may have malicious intent. While it is a very rare occurrence in our hotel, we can do nothing to stop it. This principle applies to all public networks. It is unfortunate that I must use this forum to notify our future guests about the hazards of surfing the web on a public network.

Nima Anvar

April 4, 2013
I am very sorry about this. Obviously, this is something that I have just found out about. I am contacting an internet security specialist to make sure that this sort of hacking will not be possible. Please feel free to contact me directly at (473) 409-2218.
Again, please accept my apology on this matter. I will do everything in my capacity to remedy our internet security.

Nima Anvar

Blue Horizons Garden Resort
Blue Horizons Garden Resort
#6 of 11 in Grand Anse
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & Restaurant Grenada
Petite Anse Beachfront Hotel & R...
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Grenadian by Rex Resorts
Grenadian by Rex Resorts
#1 of 1 in Magazine Beach

Been to Siesta Hotel? Share your experiences!